Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sowmya
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SowmyaYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from irregular periods and belly fat too. Please suggest me something to get rid of this. I am having this problem since last year.
Our body and brain experience a considerable number of changes as we age. These are both physical and mental and influence each part of our lives. One zone where you will notice a huge distinction due to coming of age is sexuality and your sexual performance. Men and women will both undergo changes happening inside their bodies. For men, erectile dysfunction (ED) will turn out to be more normal. One may free the capacity to get and keep up an erection amid sex or find that his erection is not as hard as it used to be when he was young.
Stamina in bed is also likely to go down, and you might last much less than before. Women may feel libido loss and loss of sexual longing and dryness in the vagina. The vagina tends to get narrower with old age, and its walls become thin and stiff.
Sexual problems and decreased interest or performance spirit due to age happen because of the following factors:
- Arthritis: Joint aches and pain because of arthritis make you unable to be comfortable performing sex. Rest, showers, and changing the position or timing of sexual activity can be useful. Medicines or a surgery will help you get rid of this pain.
- Pain of any kind: Lasting pain of any nature affects your sexual performance. With old age, the body experiences pain due to different reasons and these hamper your sexual life. Medicines for these pains sometimes have side effects, which affect your sexual health.
- Cardiac diseases: Narrowing and solidifying of your arteries can change the blood vessels. This does not allow blood to flow smoothly. Men and women may have issues with having an orgasm. Men may experience difficulty with erections. When your heart is not working properly, you will never be able to perform in bed normally.
- Dementia: Dementia affected people become more sexually interested, but they cannot judge the nature of sexual behavior. Dementia patients lose all kinds of normal senses, but still tend to be sexually attracted to women.
- Diabetes: Diabetes is common among aged people. Diabetes affects your sex life and ED may be caused. Medical measures might fix this disorder. Diabetes inflicted women are likely to get yeast infections in the vagina. This causes irritation and you normally would not have the longing for sex.
Ageing may affect your sexual life and health in many ways, and you cannot change most of the factors.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am experiencing blisters on my lips and some other symptoms which are similar to Herpes. It all started with a fever that happened 2 years ago. Since then I have been experiencing these blisters and other such symptoms on a regular basis. Want to know how should I get sure that I have herpes or not? Which test is required? And what is the cure/treatment that I can take for herpes?
Dear Doctor, PCOD PROBLEM: We got married before 6 months. My wife age is 26. She not yet conceive. Last week I come to know that she is having PCOD problem before Marriage itself and she consuming metformin tablet as per doctor prescription. Almost 5 years she had that tablets. She had irregular periods also. My doubt is, 1. She can able to get pregnant? 2. What are the foods need to consume? 3. How many days per week we have to have intercourse for PCOD problem. 4. How to cure this completely. 5. How long it will take to get pregnant.
My menstruation happened on 1-Feb-17, on 20-feb I had sex, I took I pill with in 12 hours. Next day morning again I have sex. During 25-28 Feb again menstruation started. In march on 28 menstruation started. Not sure whether these are normal menstruation or bleeding. But from last two day my body is aching. My stomach seems like growing and feeling sleepy getting tired. We have done pregnancy test with preganews on april 2 It has shown negative. But feeling scary, I don't want to be pregnant. Please advice .guide me.
I have had sex with my aunt daughter on 6th of this month without protection and she had 1st time with me. But I didn't ejaculate in vagina. I'd used withdrawal method. Is there any chances of pregnancy and what should I do now. Her period cycle started from 29 of every month.
Hello I wanted to know that I got my last periods on 07/jan/2018 after that I had sex on 17/jan/2018 on the same day I have taken unwanted 72 within 5 hours of intercourse but now on 23/jan/2018 I got bleeding please let me know what does it mean why I got bleeding early before my periods date.please suggest is there any chance of pregnancy.
The female reproductive organ is an area of the human body where many microbial organisms inhabit together and it is a necessary requirement for its health. These organisms may include fungi and bacteria and play important roles individually in maintaining the pH levels (the acidic and alkaline balance) levels of the vagina. However, when one of these, especially the fungi go out of balance and begin to propagate, it results in a vaginal yeast infection.
A yeast infection or vaginal candidiasis is a fungal infection that causes extreme itchiness of the vulva (which is the opening of the vagina) and the further insides of the vagina as well. It may result in a white discharge from time to time and causes vaginal inflammation. Some of the other symptoms are:
- Pain in the vagina akin to a burning sensation while urinating or when having sex
- Rashes in the vagina
- General soreness and pain
- White odorless discharge, which is thick in consistency
- Colorless watery discharges can occur as well
- Swelling and redness near the vulva or the vagina in general
The type of fungi that causes vaginal yeast infections is the ‘candida fungus’. Usually, this fungus is present within the vagina, but is kept in check by the Lactobacillus bacteria. These are bacteria naturally present within the vagina and secrete acids, which keep the fungi in check. However, when the levels of bacteria are reduced, it will cause the levels of fungi to increase causing a yeast infection.
The below mentioned factors can aggravate the risks of this disease:
- Problems brought on by diabetes
- A compromised immune system
- Pregnancy may also disturb the balance
- Starting to use or stopping the use of oral contraceptive pills
- Hormone therapy
- Usage of antibiotics that may kill off lactobacillus bacteria within the vagina
Generally, yeast infections are not considered to be sexually transmitted, although yeast infection could be spread through sexual contact as well.
The primary treatment includes a course of anti fungal oral medication to lessen the levels of the fungi within your vagina. It could be supplemented with vaginal creams, which may reduce the itching and the inflammation. If you have recurrent infection multiple times within a year, then you may have to go for a longer course of treatment and correct the underlying conditions that may be causing it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!