Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. SowmyaYour feedback matters!
My wife is suffering from vaginal infection. How do it effect. We only had sex for 3 times. Any reason for infection.
Hello doctor, today I have done my ovulation study my doctor suggested me to do that so the result come is that my eggs are 9mm n today is 10th day of my menses. I wanna know can I get pregnant asap, and does the egg size matter to get pregnant and if yes then pls suggest me what all I need to do and eat to get my eggs to grow healthy and to grow faster. My doctor called me on 12th and 14th day too to check the growth. Please help me out so that I can increase the size of egg before my next visit. Doc please rpl me so that it help me a useful way. Thanks.
I was suffering form Hypothyroid for the last few months. I conceived in February and my Thyroid in Feb was was well under control. TSH was 1.75. I got another test done today and my TSH is 10.73. My LMP was Jan 9th. I am really worried. Currently taking 37.5 mcg Thyroxine. How much should I increase the dosage to?
I am having facial hair issues. Not a lot of hair but 8-9 coarse hair on my chin. I have my thyroid levels normal (i got it tested after the problem occured). And no other menstrual irregularities. What could be the possible reason? are there any possibilities of having pcos even with normal menstual cycle? I want to undergo laser hair removal for that. What are the chances of its regrowth? and basically am a very hairy person. Thank you in advance:-)
Hello Doctor, My period is due today or tomorrow. I have had period symptoms from last 2 days and today morning I found brownish discharge on tissue while wiping. However I don't have cramps now. But period has still not shown. Still brownish discharge. Will I get my period? Also we have been sexually active and trying to conceive. Anything to worry?
Hello Doctor I got medical abortion 1.5 months ago at 9 weeks. Due to they were unable to find heart beat of the baby. I had scan they told all was fine. My husband were using condoms but in middle we dint for 2 or 3 times. I dint get my periods after abortion. Wen I went with doc she conformed me wit new pregnancy by blood test. I Don want to loose my baby because it's our first one I am afraid of past situation would occur please guide us. How can I prevent the miscarriage. What food should I eat. Etc please help me out wit good suggestions. Thank you.
I have a pain in my left breast I feel like there an extra thing is there, the pain is too heavy for me will you consult me what is my problem is it the symptom of breast cancer will you please help me to solve my problem soon.
Falguni is married n hvng sex daily with her husband Still she is no getting pregnant from last 3 months. Is she having any sex problem or any other issue.
Tulsi - a **miracle** plant
Tulsi is regarded as an 'elixir of life' and believed to promote longevity. It is considered to be an adaptogen, balancing different processes in the body. It has also been suggested to possess antifertility, anticancer, antidiabetic, antifungal, antimicrobial, hepatoprotective, cardioprotective, antiemetic, antispasmodic, analgesic, and diaphoretic actions.
1. It is considered as a tonic to retain youth and avoid aging. Vitamin c, vitamin a, phytonutrients and the essential oils in tulsi are excellent antioxidants and protect the body from nearly all the damages caused by the free radicals.
2. It is anti-carcinogenic and it found to be effective in healing nearly all types of cancer and tumors.
3. It reduces total cholesterol levels and blood pressure. Thus, it is useful for heart disease patients.
4. It is useful in the treatment of respiratory system disorders. A decoction of the leaves, with honey and ginger, is an effective remedy for bronchitis, asthma, influenza, cough and cold.
5. It can protect from radiation poisoning and also heals up damages caused by radiations. It acts as a vaccine against pox if consumed regularly.
6. It is used as a mouth wash. It is very good for maintaining dental health, counteracting bad breath and for massaging the gums. It is also useful in pyorrhea.
7. It also cures ulcer in the mouth. It is also known to help inhibit the growth of oral cancer caused by chewing tobacco etc.
8. It is an excellent antibiotic, germicidal, fungicidal and disinfectant and very efficiently protects our body from nearly all sorts of bacterial, viral and fungal infections.
9. Consumption of tulsi leaves decoction helps prevent and heal fever.
10. It has a hypoglycemic effect, so it reduces blood glucose levels. Thus, it is useful for diabetics.
11. It helps in building up stamina, hence used to prepare herbal tea.
12. Its regular consumption can protect eyes from all the damages done by the free radicals, such as cataract, macular degeneration, glaucoma, vision defects, opthalmia etc. Due to its high antioxidant properties.
13. Recent studies on tulsi proved to be a useful medication for people living with human immunodeficiency virus (hiv), and acquired immune deficiency virus (aids).
14. Tulsi, being a detoxifier and mild diuretic in nature, can help reduce uric acid level (main culprit as far as kidney stones are concerned) concentration in the blood as well as helps cleaning of the kidneys through urination.
15. Tulsi oil application on the body keeps mosquitoes and other insects away.
B. How to use-:
1. Tulsi leaves extract (swaras)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, then crush them well and squeeze the pure extract.
- dose - 2tablespoon in adults empty stomach in the morning.
- beneficial in cold, cough, fever, oral ulcer, liver disorders, indigestion, bronchitis, insect bites, cancer ((bacterial and viral infections).
- extenal application of tulsi leaves extract- in fungal infections, ringworm, insect bites.
2. Tulsi leaves decoction (kaadha)-
- how to prepare - take some fresh tulsi leaves, wash them, boil with 4cups of water. Boil this until 1cup of water remains.
- dose- drink half cup (lukewarm) in the morning on empty stomach and a half cup in the evening.
- beneficial in pyorrhea, cold, cough, influenza, rheumatoid arthritis, gastric disorders, tuberculosis (bacterial and viral infections).
- a decoction of the whole plant lowers the blood sugar (glucose) level and is said to control diabetes mellitus.
- a decoction of the root of tulsi plant is given as a diaphoretic in malarial fever.
- the regular consumption of tulsi leaves extract or decoction helps prevent viral fevers, cough, cold and many other diseases.
Why and how c-section is better than normal delivery for women?
Pregnant women can opt for one of the two ways to deliver their babies: they can either have a normal/vaginal delivery or a surgical delivery by having a c-section. In many cases, the choice of having a c-section is planned due to certain medical reasons that make having a normal delivery risky. A pregnant female may know in advance that she will require a c-section and can schedule it as she may be carrying twins or multiple babies, or she may be suffering from a medical condition such as high blood pressure or diabetes, an infection such as hiv or herpes that may complicate pregnancy or there may be placental problems during pregnancy.
A c-section also becomes a necessity in situations such as where the mother has a small pelvis and the baby is very large or when the baby is in heads up position and efforts to turn the position of the baby before delivery have not been successful.
In some cases the decision to do a c-section is unplanned and taken by the obstetrician due to certain emergency reasons such as problems during pregnancy or if the labour is happening too slowly or if the baby is not receiving enough oxygen.
Some of the c-sections are considered to be elective and may be requested by the female for reasons that are non-medical before she goes into labour. A female may choose to get a c-section if she wants to plan her delivery or if she had a vaginal delivery that was complicated previously.
Why c-section is better than normal delivery for women?
During a normal delivery, there is a higher risk that the tissues and skin around the vagina stretch and tear when the baby passes through the birth canal. If this stretching and tearing is severe, it may require stitches. This may ultimately lead to weakness or injury to the muscles of the pelvis that control bowel and urine function.
According to some studies, it has been found that females who have had normal/vaginal deliveries are more prone to develop urinary or bowel incontinence (leakage of urine and stool respectively) than females who have had c-sections. They are also more at risk of developing leakage of urine during sneezing, coughing or laughing.
After a normal delivery, a female may also develop a lingering or continuous pain in the perineum-the region between the vagina and anus.
According to a study published in the new england journal of medicine, the rates of bleeding into the brain of the baby was higher during vacuum extraction and forceps delivery (two methods of using assistive devices during normal deliver) than during c-section.
Lupus is an autoimmune disease, which is chronic i.e. lasts for years or more than at least six weeks and may affect any part or organ of the body. The immune system fights off viruses, bacteria and germs by producing proteins known as antibodies. Autoimmune means that due to some defect, your immune system is unable to differentiate between the healthy tissues in your body and foreign invader that harms your body; thus creating antibodies that destroy the healthy tissues. This causes inflammation and damage to various parts of the bodies, leaving the sufferer in excruciating pain.
- Fatigue: Most of the people suffering from Lupus experience weariness and fatigue. People usually take afternoon naps to remedy this. However, this may lead to insomnia. Talk to a doctor to successfully cure this symptom.
- Unexplained Fever: If you suffer from recurrent fever that hovers around 99 to 101 degrees Fahrenheit, visit the doctor as soon as possible since this is a sign of infection or inflammation.
- Hair Loss: One of the most prominent symptoms of Lupus is hair loss or thinning of hair. You may find your hair looking brittle, thin and ragged, including the hair on your eyebrows, eyelashes and other parts of the body.
- Lesions or Skin Rash: Another prominent symptom is the butterfly rash that covers both the cheeks and the bridge of the nose and appears right before a flare up. This rash may occur all of a sudden or when exposed to the sunlight. Lupus also causes lesions and discoloration on various parts of the body due to exposure to sunlight or artificial light.
- Pulmonary Issues: Lupus causes pleuritic chest pain due to painful inflammation in the lungs as well as the areas surrounding it such as diaphragm and lung blood vessels. This affects the patient's breathing process. Moreover, Lupus is also known to decrease the size of the lung also called the "Vanishing Lung Syndrome" that is identified by shortness of breath and chronic chest pain.
- Kidney Inflammation: Most individuals suffering from Lupus tend to develop nephritis that is inflammation in the kidneys. It is imperative to visit the doctor if you have symptoms of Nephritis as it may cause end-stage renal disease (ESRD) if untreated.
Hi Warm Greeting!!! My Question is to Gynecologist... When Can I have 2nd Ultrasound in my Pregnancy. I am in my 16th Week of Pregnancy. I have done through all the prescribed checkup at 7th Week and everything was absolutely right. Please guide on this.
My friend had oral sex with her boyfriend one time penis touch her vagina and after sperm get out of the penis her boyfriend touch her penis and then vagina then he lick her vagina from his tong she is too much worried about hiv please help.
We married since 2 years. Now she is 25 years old. We are planning to have a baby. But she has a fear. She is thinking to wait for sometime. We want to know which is the best age for pregnancy according to health.
My daughter 17 yr old undergone surgery of ovarian cyst more than two months ago se is having menstrual period continously for the last 21 days she is having dinofirst twice a day, primolut n, tranostat. Please advise.
My daughter is 50 years old and she feels extremely sleepy before her periods. Very difficult to keep awake. She feels very tired during periods and has a typical headache, in which it seems as if the centre of her skull is being pulled out by some force. This is affecting productivity at work.
I am 17 and have pcod from last 2 years. Tried every thing but still the problem is not cured. So what should I do now?
I am a female of 36 years and married from last 2 months. I and my husband stay apart because of our job but met thrice in 2 months for more than a week. As I haven't conceived in this span so I feel I should see a doctor. Kindly suggest.
Causes & symptoms of acidity
Acidity is the cause of surplus secretion of acid by the gastric glands of the stomach. Our stomach secretes an acid, which is necessary for the digestive process. This acid, in turn, produces various digestive enzymes, like pepsin, which help in the breaking complex food particles into elements that can be easily digested by the body. When there secretion of acid is more than necessary, it results in the feeling of immense heartburn, along with a sensation of inflammation in the throat. This condition has been given the name of acidity. Its other symptoms include formation of ulcers and dyspepsia. Consumption of alcohol, highly spicy food and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (nsaid's) also trigger acid formation and result in acidity. Nonetheless, it can be cured at home using various procedures. Read on to know about some home remedies for curing acidity.
Home remedies for acidity
If you are suffering from acidity, try to suck on a piece of clove. It will bring immediate relief. For people who are prone to acidity, intake of milk or other dairy products will prove to be helpful.
Regular consumption of fresh mint juice can also help you get rid of acidity.
Add two teaspoons apple cider vinegar and two teaspoons honey to a glass of water. Drink this concoction after meals, as it reduces the chances of acidity.
Boil cumin seeds in a glass of water. Let it cool down and supplement your meals with it.
Banana, cucumber and watermelon have been found to be helpful in treating acidity naturally.
If you are have acidity problem, avoid taking tea, coffee and other aerated drinks. Instead, go for herbal tea, containing spearmint (pudina) and liquorice (mulethi).
The simplest of all remedies is to have a glass of warm water every day, early in the morning. Water is believed to neutralize acidity.
Drink coconut water 3 to 4 times in a day. It will help bring relief from acidity.
If you are looking for an immediate relief, have a bowl of yoghurt. It is one of the most effective home remedies for acidity.
If you constantly suffer from acidity, suck on 10 grams jaggery everyday, after meals. It will help you avoid acid formation.
Have a glass of cabbage juice everyday, in order to avoid acid formation and the resultant acidity.
If you want instant relief from acidity, take a glass of water with a teaspoon of soda in it.