Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SowmyaYour feedback matters!
I have some white hairs growing up in my beard, I want to restrict them? What is the treatment for stopping it?
I'm suffering of skin addiction by using panderm plus cream. Pimples, darkhead and pit are come on my cheeks. What should I do?
I HV a skin problem. Some small pimples are there on my skin and on testis. Its seems itching. I was consult a skin doctor but no cure. Please tell me to cure this.
I had acne on my face but I had used assure soap from 1 months and now I have minimum acne on my face. But I have lot of pimple and chicken pox spots on my face. Please give me solution?
I am over weight 10 kg, My age is 37 years after birth child I gained weight did diet and all I start lose my hair. Lots of vitamin problem becomes low. Self panic attack patients with bp low but pulse get high. little anemia is there calcium low Dr. has give me treatment not working please do suggest me.
My wife had bad hair fall and front side of head is too light wich medicine she should take for new natural hair age 28.
I had 2 stitches just below the middle of my upper lip. This injury was due to a direct impact. The scar was stitched well and the scaring in small. I do have a large "tough" lumps on of the scar. Is it possible to reduce the bumps in this scar? What treatment/exercises would you recommend?
Dear Doctor, I have some hair related issues. When I do shampoo, my hair got dry n look bad n have no shine n silkiness, unusually I do shampoo twice a week, rest of days I just wash hair with plain water while having bath but then my hair got greasy and look little dirty. I need to grow my hairs long but due to these problem I could not make them long. please advise me to make my hair shiny, sliky, bouncy n thick. My hairs r curly n of thin texture.
Hi, I am 23 years old. My hairs are becoming white and half of my hairs are white please send me some advice for this problem.
My hair fall is becoming more and more my hair type is silky and it's black colour too. I want to stop my hair fall so, what I have to do for it?
Hi doctor Am suffering with pimples and holes on my face. How to get rid of these. Please suggest me.
Doctors would you please me. This problem. With home remedy. My hair is going fall day by day . How should I stop it. What shampoo I should use. And I have hairs on upper cheeks. So I want get rid of naturally. So please help me what with this problem. Thank you.
I have black spot pimples in my back I have use hair removal cream, but didn't work it, tell me what I do.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.