Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Derma Roller Treatment
Hair Mesotherapy Treatment
Nail Surgery Procedures
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Facial Rejuvenation Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Mole Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Skin Polishing Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SowmyaYour feedback matters!
I am 27 years old. I have lot of grey hair. Many hairs look like light brown color. Some are in white color. please give me the solution and remedy?
Sir I have spend my lots of time in sun thats why my face and body complexion get dark so tell me the suggestions to doing my skin tone bright. I cant leave my field work please help me.
Hello this is pravallika I have a problem with pimples. After pimples goes off marks and black spots are remaining. Can you please help me with this out.
My scab peeled off but I still have a little bit of black spots on it. Will it go when I get new skin?
I am suffering from wart (corn) in right palm near to index finger. Its from last 5 to 6 months. I have cut it from nail cutter for 7- 10 times but it grew again. I masturbate from my right hand and I am afraid that it can spread it to my penis too. Can it be possible. It would spread over my penis. I have found Salicylic acid would be best for this. But when I searched on Google, directed me to Amazon and it'sebogel Salicylic Acid & Nicotinamide Gel 30gm" Should I go for it or not. Or give me the right name for it, and how to use it.
I am 21 years old and I have a very little beard n I face so much of inferiority complex with the lack of beard. I want to have any treatment to grow beard. Please help me.
I am having pimples on my face I want to get rid of it by any fruit or vegetable and I want fairer skin healthy glowing skin pimples free skin. thanks.
Hello doc I just wanted to say you that I am facing a lot of pimples on my face after all I am conserving a lot of water in a day and also my skin is dark how can I overcome this please give some tips.
Wounds and bruises are both injuries. However, they differ widely in terms of the causing factors, the nature of the injury, the pain they cause and the kind of treatment they require.
The following are a few of the myriad ways in which the two injuries differ from each other:
- A wound causes quick damage - the skin tissue is cut or punctured while a bruise (also called a closed wound) is where the skin is not torn.
- A wound is usually caused by a sharp object but bruises are the results of blunt force or trauma.
- A wound almost certainly bleeds due to ruptured tissue and blood vessels. Blunt injury also damages the blood capillaries of the skin and causes blood to accumulate under the skin tissue, creating a dark patch of skin. Blood vessels can also break due to lifting of heavy objects or overexertion of muscles.
- A wound carries the risk of infection because the skin is open but a bruise does not get infected.
- A wound has a burning or stinging sensation but a bruise is characterized by swelling and a blunt throbbing pain.
- A wound can be healed by antiseptic and antibiotic medication. Large wounds need to be closed by stitching them up to avoid severe infection. On the other hand, a bruise usually heals by itself. A cold compress and pain killers may be used to ease discomfort. Heat can be applied to the injured spot to normalize the blood flow and dissolve the blood clot.
- A wound can lead to complications like bacterial infections or the healing might be delayed by chronic diseases like diabetes. In case of a bruise, it usually does not cause complications but if there's a blunt injury to sensitive areas like the head, the tailbone or the eyes, medical attention is advised.
- Wounds and bruises can also be differentiated on the basis of their subtypes.
The different types of wounds are:
- Incision (sharp objects cutting the dermis layer of skin)
- Abrasion (the epithelial tissue is scraped off)
- Avulsion (a body structure is torn off)
- Penetration (a sharp object causes an entry and an exit wound)
- Puncture (only an entry wound caused by a sharp object)
The different types of bruises are:
- Hematoma (blood pools under the skin)
- Purpura (tiny spots of blood on the inside of the mouth)
- Contusion (similar to hematoma and caused by external trauma)
- Crush injury (caused due to a large amount of force on the body part for a long time)
Related Tip: "4 Surgical Alternatives For Burns And Wounds"