Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sourav
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SouravYour feedback matters!
Hi guys, I am Dr Ashwani Maichand and I am an orthopaedic surgeon based in Delhi.
Today, orthopaedic problems are very common over all age groups and patients are coming to us not only for trauma but for backache, neck pain, knee pain which are generally lifestyle problems. So today we will be talking about how to prevent them before you go to a doctor . Before you go for a surgery, can we identify these problems in advance and can we treat them ? Let's talk about that .
Backache - Generally patients come to us either with a low backache or with upper back. The upper back ache in our experience is more of a young age problem . People who are working on a computer laptop, the whole day they are sitting, they are working in offices. Generally, Orthopaedic surgeons and many general practitioners and sometimes we ourselves label them as cervical spondylosis and these patients by mistake are being treated as a patient of cervical spondylosis but they are not suffering from it. What they are suffering from is a muscle imbalance.
The muscles in our staple in our upper back, they are basically holding our upper limbs . But when we are sitting whole day long, the muscles on the anterior part of the body, the front of the body they become shorter and the muscles on the back become weak, so the whole weight of our arms and the shoulders comes on the neck and these patients present as neck pain and upper back pain instead of going for x-rays, MRI and extensive investigation. They should contact an orthopaedic surgeon where we label that these muscles are weak, these muscles are tight so we stress the tight muscle and strengthen the weak muscles . We correct their posture , we look at their workstation , their office , which type of chair they are using, at what height their system is placed , where their mouse is , where their keyboard is - all these are very basic things.
They come in Ergonomics. So it is all about changing your lifestyle, let's not adapt to the system that is given to us all. Working atmosphere rather we change the working environment according to our body so that these problems don’t bother and you don't have to visit the Orthopaedic surgeon , you don't have to take a leave so it is basically lifestyle problem.
Second, our younger generation is not active athletically. Sunlight exposure is very low and their meals are very irregular and its not a balanced diet so overall this lifestyle, It ultimately gives us pain discomfort and we rely on painkillers and we go to doctors and basically our whole system is disturbed because we are not careful about our body.
So that is the message - please take care of your body mentally as well as physically so that you never need a doctor, but unfortunately, if you are suffering from any of these conditions, you can contact us on Lybrate. We are available online and clinic as well. So now you know how to contact us.
Dear sir, my back is paining since 7 year. I took many medicine ut didn't find any relief. Pls suggest me best doctor in jaipur.
My aunt is 56 years old and she has face a lot of pain in her shoulders because of havy wait lifting pleas give me the solution how to remove her shoulder's pain?
I have a hectic schedule where I have to leave for work in morning at 9: 30 am and come back home at 10: 00 pm in evening. Further I have to take out time in morning for studying for my course. I am unable to take out time as scheduled and usually sleep in morning, where its necessary for me to take out time every for studying. Should I take some supplements to make my body work the whole day. Please suggest some tips. Thank you.
Knee pain. Using patanjali Peedantak tablets and Peedantak tel . Any side effect. Is there home remedy. Regards.
When performing simple daily activities like climbing stairs, getting out of a chair, or walking tend to become a rather painful experience, knee replacement surgery seems to be the only suitable solution. Referred to as arthroplasty, it is a common surgery nowadays and ideal when several other therapies and injections fail to bring back the knees into the normal functioning order. Below are some the things that one can expect from a knee replacement surgery.
- Medications: It is quite natural to receive lots of prescribed medicines right after the completion of the surgery. From antibiotics to painkillers, one needs to be ready to have various medicines which are meant to relieve the pain of the surgery as well as to prevent blood clots. However, the drug dosages continue to get lesser, after each passing day, depending on how well the knees are performing.
- CPM: Taking the help of CPM or continuous passive motion becomes necessary for many people after having the knee replacement surgery. Depending on the condition of one’s knee, one might need to spend time in a CPM system, which helps in keeping the knee flexible. There’s a cradle in the machine for the legs, and the machine is fitted with the joint position and leg length. One can adjust the level up to which the machine can bend the knees, depending on their comfort level.
- Walking: The majority of the people who undergo knee replacement surgery can walk the very day of the surgery or the next day. Most of the people become able to bear the weight of the replaced knee with the help of crutches or walkers. However, one can expect a bit of pain when starting to walk for the first time after surgery.
- Rehabilitation: The primary purpose of rehabilitation after a knee replacement surgery is to make one capable of bending his or her knees at least 90 degrees which is essential for performing the daily activities easily. Several therapies can make the rehabilitation process a success and make the knees bendable more than 90 degrees in most of the cases.
- Exercise: Most people go home within a few days after a knee replacement surgery and is essential to take care post-surgery. The best way to maintain the good health of the knees is by performing the exercise program regularly, which is suggested by the doctors. Following the exercise program regularly and performing regular short walks, can make the knees flexible like before while regaining their strength as well as the motion range more quickly.
It's best to visit one's doctor from time to time, even months after the knee replacement surgery is done to not only monitor his or her knee replacement; but also to ensure that there are no risks of any complications. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!