Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soumya Lakshmi T.V
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Soumya Lakshmi T.VYour feedback matters!
Hi. I had sex with my husband on 5th day of periods nd it was protected. He used protection. But is that safe to hav sex in periods ? Does it harmful fr uterus. Or any other infection can happen to my partner? please help.
Hi friends. My name is Dr Amrapali Dixit. I am a practising Gurgaon and Gynecologist in the area of Manisar, Gurgao. And I am glad you are watching this video. So today we will be talking about very common topic these days. Which is known as PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome. These days lot of girls present with the problem of irregular periods and newly married women with the problem of infertility. so what is causing this PCOS. This PCOS basically is a problem which relates to hormonal imbalance to your body the normal balance of the sex hormone in a females body gets disturbed because of which the regular monthly ovulation in your ovaries gets disturbed. The level of hormones gets up and down, as a result, you get irregular periods, you may have a problem in conception and it may also cause certain problems like acne, loss of hair, facial hair growth, weight loss, weight gain etc. what happens in PCOS is in your ovaries. There all small cysts that appearing, these cysts as such are not harm full. They are not dangerous but because of these cysts, the hormones in your body get disturbed hence all these problems. We don’t really know what exactly causes PCOS. But yes. We have seen that it runs in the families. So if you have women in your family which have a prior history of irregular periods, diagnosed PCOS or diabetes you have likely chance that you might develop PCOS. How do we diagnose PCOS. So when you come to your doctor with these symptoms that I have described, the doctor will ask you about your history like how your periods have been, how your weight has been, is there any past history or family history of similar symptoms in your family, will do certain examinations, will do for physical signs like, presence acne, presence of histuism. Histuism is the excess, facial hair growth. Or if you are overweight your BMI is more than normal or you have irregular periods or such signs and symptoms then we run certain kind of blood tests which will find out the certain level of hormones, which will find about the sugar levels, the insulin. The function of insulin in your body, and we do an ultrasound which might or may not show these presence of cysts in the ovaries. With the help of all these things, we will determine whether you are suffering from PCOS or not. Also there are certain diseases which mimic the symptoms of PCOS like thyroid disturbances and certain other glandular disfunctions. So we also run these tests to rule out these diseases which look like PCOS that they not be that. Asper as treatment is concerned 50% of the treatment lies in our own hands in the terms of lifestyle modifications. So maintain a life style which is healthy in the form of regular work out and exercises, eating healthy diet and trying to lose weight are the most important key factors which would determine the success of the treatment in your PCOS problems. Besides that the doctor will prescribe you certain hormonal pills which will help you regulate your menstrual cycles and symptomatic problems like acne and hair growth in cases of people who are having difficulty in conceiving because of PCOS we also give you certain drugs which help the proper release of egg from your body that is regular ovulation and help in conception. So this is the basic idea about PCOS about what it is? How we can deal with it and what problems it cause to you in future if left untreated. So dear friends, if you have any such symptoms, you suspect you have PCOS or you have been diagnosed with PCOS already and you want to consult me, you can contact me through Lybrate and you can visit my clinic which goes by the name of Yashloog medical center in sector 1. Manisar.
Do pcod patients will have cancer in future? One of my doctor friend told me this Nd now I'm scared cuz I have pcod and homeopathy treatment le rahi hu. please let me know. I was not taking pcod sersly. But now I'm like I'll do exercise and ol Thyroid bhi hai muje.
Planning for a baby & taking folvite from 15 days. I read that vitamin C&E also useful for pregnancy. Please suggest any cheap tablet for vitamin C& E.
When you experience shortness of breath for no reason, you might wonder if there is something to worry. Breathing difficulty (dyspnea) affects around 1 in every 10 adults. The causes are varied, and just like other health problems like dizziness, fatigue, and abdominal pain, shortness of breath too has several causes. While a few are harmless, a few may be the signs of a possible complication. Though a common complaint in adults, it is a tough diagnostic challenge. Being aware of the symptoms will take you a step further in deciding whether or not the breathing difficulty is a cause of concern.
- In older people: If you are an older person, then your breathing problems will most likely be associated with a heart or lung disease such as COPD, pneumonia, and heart failure. Other causes include a stroke and cancer. It is advised to consult a doctor if you are experiencing serious breathing problems since the past few days and more so if you see other symptoms. Symptoms to worry about are pain or trouble staying upright.
- In the young: The common causes of shortness of breath in younger people are usually minor and partially treatable. Shortness of breath may occur due to myofascial pain syndrome. This is a condition in which trigger points or muscle knots occur in the respiratory muscles. Other causes are pneumonia and bad respiratory habits and/or weak breathing muscles.
- Stress can be the cause: Another common cause of shortness of breath in teenagers and working professionals is anxiety. This is a very significant cause and should be taken seriously because this may not necessarily be a minor problem. Its diagnosis is still reassuring when compared to other medical problems since this can be worked upon with a few techniques.
Should you worry or not?
- When the breathing difficulty is caused due to an acute condition like pneumonia or a chronic condition like asthma, treating the cause is imperative. Because, when the cause is treated, the episodes of shortness of breath is reduced.
- Any patient suffering from any one or more of the problems mentioned above can still take a sigh of relief as remedies are available. Various pressure point massages can be performed with proper technique to ease out the trigger points when you are suffering from muscle knots.
- When it comes to bad breathing habits, old habits die hard. Although changing your bad breathing habits may seem frustrating at first, it is relatively easier to achieve this if taken up with the mentality of achieving a goal. If regular breathing exercises are performed, respiratory strength can be increased. Moreover, breathing correctly has many long-term benefits as well.
- Anxiety is more of a mind over body kind of thing. Although it may seem tough to overcome, determined and head strong people can find relief if they try.
Ensuring safety first
If you are wondering about whether your condition is serious or not, it is advised to tell your doctor about any persisting symptom. If you have developed any new symptoms such as a chronic wheeze or a cough, fatigue and pale appearance, dry, painful cough and shortness of breath during physical activity, then these are slow and sneaky indicators of an onset of some serious medical problem.
Thus, breathing difficulty occurring often is a reason to worry, and you must seek medical advice at the earliest. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Please suggest Period ke Kitne din chance hote hai Pregnant hone yani kis din kafi chance hote hai pregnant hone ke liye. Please suggest.
One of the crucial types of surgery is the heart surgery, which is commonly known as the bypass. It is a type of surgery in which the chest is cut, and surgery is done on valves, muscles, and heart arteries. As per the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, it is one of the most common types of surgeries, which is performed on adults. During this surgery, the prime focus is to remove the blockage from the heart so that fresh blood can easily flow into the heart. No doubt that this process is critical, but it is easily true that after the surgery you have to take extra care of yourself.
Talking of which, here are certain things that you can expect after the surgery.
- Moved To ICU: The moment, the surgery is done, you will be moved to the Intensive Care Unit where the person’s health conditions will be monitored, vital signs will be checked, and medical professional will frequently visit to make sure that the patient is just doing fine. Once the surgery is over, you may not wake up quickly, but you will continue to breathe through the breathing tube. About food, of course, you will not be allowed to take solid food, but there is an intravenous (IV) needle will be put in a blood vessel in your chest and arm from which you will be given fluids.
- Recovery At Home: Once you are given the discharge, your focus should be to get recovered quickly. Recovery at home entirely depends on the heart problem for which the surgery was done. Of course, the doctor will give you necessary instructions with regards to healing incision, dealing with after effect is and understanding the signs of complications. Follow up the medicines and attend the appointments as advised to keep track of your health condition. You may face some after effects such as appetite loss, constipation and sleeping problem. If there is any complication, make sure you speak with a doctor about the same immediately.
- Ongoing Care Is Important Too: Once the surgery is over, as said, you will have to go for frequent checkup with your doctor. During these visits, your doctor will tell you to get blood, stress test and electrocardiogram done, which will assess the working condition of the heart. You might also be given few blood-thinning medicine and bring certain changes in lifestyle and medicine.
There are certain phases of recovery which will take time eventually. The first phase is the lengthy one that can last for around 6-8 weeks. Once you get a discharge from the hospital, you will be given instructions that you must follow with good care. This will pace up the healing process and make the process better. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.