Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Soumya Lakshmi T.VYour feedback matters!
I am 25 years old I had a d&c done after missed pregnancy in April 2015 since after that I have been trying to conceive but no luck. Kindly suggest me something to get pregnant fast.
A girl becomes a virgin after she gets her periods or before she gets her periods for the first time tht is at the age of maturity? Another question is do we loose virginity if we do fingering for the first time before we girls gets our periods for the first time i.e. maturity age? Please give me a proper and a clear answer doctor.
Hi sir/man i'm 21 yrs old . my fiance periods started on 21 and ended at 24 we had un protected sex on 31, yesterday is there is any possible of pregnancy?
During sex with my wife when I discharge the semen comes out of her vagina. Why it is happing so. Please help.
Hi. Every month 14 days before period I get breast tenderness a lot. It's really very uncomfortable for me. And also I get depression and angry as well. Breast tenderness more than worse for me. We are trying to get pregnant since three months. But I did not get pregnancy. Is this hormonal imbalance or not? I have regular periods.
I am 45 year old lady l.from last 3 month no periods and having lot of uneasiness feeling irritated and having pain of lower part of body.
Indian traditions are more like the first lessons which are taught by the elders of the house. These traditions are often followed without any doubts and questions. These traditions are not just being followed for the sake of religious rituals, but have deep rooted scientific reasons associated with the same.
Some of the interpretations of these rituals are as follows:
- Namaste: When we greet someone or meet someone for the first time we join both our hands for Namaste. This is done out of sheer respect for the person. Doing Namaste activates the acupuncture points of the fingertips and helps us to remember the person.
- Ushapan: This is the practice of drinking water from a copper utensil. This helps in absorbing the extra heat of the body, thereby, maintaining the body temperature. The water should be kept overnight in the copper pot before drinking. It is believed that drinking water from a copper pot helps in bowel movement, cleaning of the stomach and creating digestive juices.
- Sukhasan: When one sits on the floor with crossed leg is referred to as sukhasan. For having food in this position a person has to bend while eating and has to move up and down while eating. When this happens, the stomach is pushed while bending and the back is straight before taking the next bite. This movement leads to muscular movements thereby, helping to produce digestive juices and aids in swallowing as well.
- Vamakukshi and Shatapawali: Vamakukshi is referred to as the afternoon nap post lunch. Sleeping on the left side helps in the digestion of the food. Though prolonged sleep can make a person lazy, a quick 10 minute nap is recommended as it allows a person to be fresh. Shatapwali means taking 100 steps, to be more appropriate it is the walk after dinner. This helps in the digestion of food as the gas created after consuming food is moved and the pressure in the chest is reduced. The above terms literally explain the famous phrase, "After lunch sleep a while, after dinner walk a mile."
- Ear Piercing: Though ear piercings are looked at as a fashion ornament, but as per the Hindu traditions, these help in decision making, thinking abilities and intellectual development and also to some extent an acupressure point. It is ideal to get a baby"s ear pierced by the 12th day of her birth, as it is believed that getting ears pierced early leads to acquiring the quality of minimal speech.
- Touching Feet of Elders: This is known as one of the best exercises as it aids in blood circulation, helps in stretching and pushing the organs, improves excretion and digestion and strengthens the physique. It is also believed to transfer an aura and positive energy from the person whose feet are being touched.
Hi. Am under fertility treatment for past two n half years. Doctors have advised to use melmet thrice a day. and gives meprate. Novelon for hormone imbalances. and sometimes siphene. My follicles are growing well sometimes. and sometimes not. Could you please suggest alternative solutions for pregnancy.
Plz give a advice ,my mother had underwent surgery of endoscopic discetomy before 20 days ,crp levels are 49 mg , is there any risk ,please say.
My sister got her periods in just 15 days after her last periods. She had a contraceptive medicine once in between these 15 days. Is this early periods because of that or other reason? Anything to worry?
I am Dr Rita Bakshi, the consultant physician in Gynaecologist and IVF specialist at International Fertility Centre. Today, let us talk about Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which is commonly heard by every single person. Every young girl now has a diagnosis of PCOS.
Now, what is PCOS?
This is a syndrome in which the girls have abnormal cycles. Abnormal cycles mean prolonged cycles, they bleed frequently and also they have symptoms of excessive androgens i.e, an excessive male hormone. So may see these girls have lot of hormones on their chin, neck, on their breast, on their arms. And also they have Acanthosis nigricans that mean they have darkness in their neck and they have small cysts in the ovary. This is just due to the hormonal pattern disturbance in girls and instead of having one egg every month, they have a number of eggs start developing but not even one good egg. So these girls not only have abnormal cycles, hair growth, loss of hair from the head, but also they may have some difficulty in getting pregnant.
Now, if I speak about the long term problems of PCOS is that there are most chances of Diabetes. And not only in them, but the chances of Diabetes in their siblings are also higher. Also, if you go in even longer term then the chances of endometrial cancer is also higher. So it is important to recognize this when it exists and how to treat it.
Now these girls are taking a lot of stress. So you have to teach them to stay stress-free by doing yoga, change their lifestyle, getting rid of junk food and do some exercises every day. 45 minutes of exercise every single day is going to work a long way to help them normalise the hormonal patterns. Besides that, these girls sometimes put on over contraceptive pills to regularise their cycles. There are some drugs like metformin and myo inositol which have come in a big way, which are changing the pattern. So there are some girls which are in slim PCOS and there are some under obese PCOS. So in obese PCOS, we have alfacalcidol and comunicacion which help these girls to lose weight and also develop the normal hormonal pattern. So we have to treat two patterns differently, a lean PCOS and an obese PCOS.
The girls should understand that this is not something for which they should be worried about. Yet it is a known entity so they should keep it under control and take help whenever required. It is important when we are trying to become fertile or trying to become pregnant that they can go to a specialist who is dealing with this problem and take some help. Because some help may be required to develop their eggs and help try to conceive.
One should know that their sister or mother or anyone is suffering from the same pattern. It is not something to worry much. My only emphasize is please do not get tensed, just change your lifestyle, do some exercise, take some help from doctors. And that is all you require to get overcome from PCOS.
If you require any help, you can consult me through Lybrate or can directly visit International Fertility Centre.
Dear Sir/Mam, I got my period on 23rd jan 2016 and we had unprotected intercourse on first and second week (alternate days). Now from yesterday I am feeling dull and food smell like my nose is more active. Please suggest what is happening with me. If I am pregnant then how can I detect.
She is got marriage and she abortion in 2 months pregnancy. Is there any chance to get pregnancy again.
A panic attack can start suddenly and may be caused due a variety of reasons. A patient of depression and anxiety usually goes through such attacks. The symptoms of these attacks include sudden and persistent fear, the feeling of losing control, the feeling of having a heart attack, palpitations problem, sweating, dizzy spells and more. It has been medically proven that most adults go through at least one or more panic attacks in their lifetime.
Here are a few ways in which one can stop a panic attack:
- Recognise the Signs: Take note of the symptoms. From a feeling of choking to detachment, losing control, surreal experiences, dizzy spells, nausea, pain in the abdomen and chills, to tremors, and a fear of facing death, there are many symptoms that can put your body in a fight or flight response where things may suddenly seem terrifying, and without any reason at that.
- Breath Control: Learn to control your breathing as soon as you begin to experience the symptoms. This will help in distraction even as it soothes and calms you down, thus forcing you to think rationally about the fear and helplessness that you are suddenly experiencing. Sit down with your knees bent and let your shoulders relax.
- Relaxation Techniques: Learn and practice a few relaxation techniques during times like these. This may include simple things like rubbing your neck and more focused activities like talking to yourself and meditating.
- Continuation: Remember to hold your breath, let it out, and then carry on with the activity that you had set out to do. If you stop what you were doing, then the message going to your brain is loud and clear and you will panic even further. But if you relax and zone out before letting yourself go about the chore, however robotically, then it will have a positive effect on the messages that are sent to your brain.
- Medication: In the event that you are not able to fully control and relax yourself and your thoughts, then you may want to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe specific medication that will help in relaxing you. Sedatives and antidepressants may also be prescribed for patients who are going through severe episodes of panic with debilitating symptoms.
- Differentiate between Stress and Panic: Many times, we may feel like we are panicking, yet this may simply be a way of going through stress. It is important to focus on recognising events and reactions as stress or panic.
Not allowing yourself run away from a situation is a sure shot way of dealing with panic as this condition the brain to be more accepting and resilient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi. I missed my menses. My date was on 4th july. Im nt sure dat im pregnant. before I hd pcod prob. N im nt sure dat im still having it. Can you suggest me wat 2 do.
My daughter is 21 years old. She suffers from lower abdominal pain during periods. Also I have complains of itching and burning sensation around my vagina. I am using C & D to wash.
Pcos is a syndrome disease defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms of pcos that one patient experiences can be very different from the symptoms of another patient. If you have two or more of the following symptoms, you need to have a thorough checkup to determine if you need pcos treatment:
Irregular or missing menstrual periods, infertility, excess or unwanted body or facial hair growth, thinning hair on the scalp, weight problems, often including weight gain around the waist, skin problems, including skin tags, darkening skin and acne
Complications of pcos
The common pcos symptoms are difficult enough for most women, but some will experience further complications, including:
Diabetes, elevated insulin levels or insulin resistance, heart and blood vessel problems, uterine cancer, sleep apnea
Each of these problems can be life threatening, which is why treatment for pcos is so important.
Lifestyle and prevention
One of the best treatments for pcos is a healthy lifestyle. A healthy diet low in refined carbohydrates is important, as this can help regulate blood sugar levels. Exercise can also help the body regulate insulin and keep excess weight off. Losing weight is challenging with pcos, but doing so can help reduce the male hormone levels in the body, and some women will begin to ovulate naturally. With a proper diagnosis, lifestyle changes and pcos treatment, women can get relief from this condition and the overwhelming health problems it can cause.
Homoeopathy offers permanent solution for this syndrome, the medicine is selected based on symptom totality and individualisation, some of the medicines for pcod are graphites, lachesis, calcarea carb, lycopodium, nux vomica, sepia, ignatia, staphysagria.