Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soumya Lakshmi T V
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Soumya Lakshmi T VYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am Dr YV Rao, a plastic and cosmetic surgeon. In this video, I will briefly mention about the various types of Trauma and their reconstruction.
Starting from the Fingertip injury to various severe injuries of different parts. This can be divided into 4-5 categories. We deal with the reconstruction, be it whatever it causes. The common cause is the birth defects, that is, congenital.
As I mentioned, some people are born with some defects, starting from nose, face, limbs or anywhere in the body. All these led to a problem if not corrected. These correctable deformities need to be corrected at certain stages. This is the Congenital birth defects.
Now comes the Traumatic defects. Deformities are caused due to trauma which may be accidental, may be operative, or may be a cancer surgery or any other deformation related to surgical. For example, reconstruction following a breast removal. Breast is considered as one of the feminine sign in females. If one breast is removed and another breast is there, so definitely she likes to have another breast. Now the time has gone in which people could live with one breast or apply padding on the defected one. Now, people are getting forward and when the possibility is there then why not get it done. Yes, it is possible. So the reconstruction of the breast is possible because of the plastic surgery. Likewise, in trauma, be it a fingertip injury or a major crush injury by road traffic accidents
Respected Doctor It has been about six long months that my Mom is suffering from swelling in her feet which reduces in her feet when she keeps them elevated in the night time but then the condition of swelling gets worst during the day when she has to keep her feet on the ground. Also now there are cracks seen in between the fingers of the feet because of which she is always in pain. Hence please do suggest the best medicine to cure the disease so that she may be relieved of the problem that is persistent since long. Please Do answer at your earliest Yours sincerely.
Monthly menstrual cycles become a part of woman’s life after a certain stage. They get accustomed to it and adapt their lifestyle too. However, there could be abnormal vaginal bleeding, which is defined as:
Bleeding that is outside of the menstrual cycle (bleeding outside of the expected dates). This is also known as intermenstrual bleeding or metrorrhagia.
- Menstrual bleeding that is abnormally low or high as compared to your regular flow
- Before menarche (before 9 years of age), during pregnancy, or after menopause
Causes: It is important to realise that abnormal vaginal bleeding is only a symptom and not the disease per se. In most women, there are underlying reasons that lead to abnormal bleeding, some of them are listed below.
In some women, ovulation can cause a mid-cycle bleeding, which becomes a pattern for most women, and they know it is nothing to worry about.
- Miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy: Vaginal bleeding is the most common symptom of miscarriage and requires immediate medical attention.
- Hormonal imbalances: This can be caused due to starting and stopping of birth control pills, thyroid abnormalities, or ovarian malfunctions. This requires investigation and management based on the underlying cause.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS): This presence of multiple cysts in the ovaries also has hormonal changes and can cause bleeding in affected women.
- Infections: Infections along the gynecologic tract including the vagina, cervix, uterus, fallopian tubes, and ovaries can cause bleeding. Sexually transmitted infections including gonorrhoea and chlamydia are also causes for bleeding
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID): It can cause inflammation of the entire gynecologic tract and induce bleeding
- An abnormally placed intrauterine device (IUD): It can also alter the regular menstrual flow.
- Other reasons: Fibroids, endometriosis, cancers of the uterine cavity are other reasons for abnormal vaginal bleeding.
Prevention/Management of vaginal bleeding: Abnormal bleeding requires investigation to find out the underlying cause and needs to be treated accordingly.
- Birth control: When using birth control measures, be it pills or patches, expect some bleeding during the first 3 months before things settle down. Similarly, intrauterine devices can cause some bleeding (foreign body effect).
- Pregnancy complications: Bleeding during pregnancy requires immediate medical attention. In most cases, it indicates a miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy (where the embryo is planted in the fallopian tubes and not the uterus).
- Infections: While STDs can be prevented, once acquired, like other infections, they also require antibiotics and supportive care.
- Medical conditions: Be it polycystic ovaries, fibroids, endometriosis, cancer, or PID, all these require detailed investigation and management on a case-to-case basis.
If you experience abnormal vaginal bleeding, do not ignore it and reach out for medical help.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!