Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Soumya Lakshmi T VYour feedback matters!
I am 19. I am not at all having periods regular since 9-10 mnths or approx. A yr. I have periods in d period os 2-3-4 months. What would be the reaon behing that? why is that happening? n yeah. I do sex with d protection regularly from last 3 months as my bf is very passionate in the case of sex. Please suggest me something!
Hii sir/mam. My age is 26. Married 2 years ago. We are planning for children since 6months. There is no dyspareunia bt im unable to tolerate tvs and cervical examination.. My right ovary volume is 11cc they told rtpcod and tight introitus. Im worrying about my health nd about pregnancy please help me please.
I had got a problem of syphilis in 2001 & I had taken treatment at that time everything was fine. Just I went for a VDRL routine test it shows reactive in the report Titre 1: 4 & significant Titre is 1: 8 Please guide me for the treatment to cure it!
I have been tested as Positive for HSV. And got a genital herpes a few days ago. Doctor has prescribed medicine and advised me too have that again if same occurs again. As for now I am okay. I am going to marry soon, can not I able to have unprotected sex in my life? How it can be cured? How can I get my kids if I can not have sex.
I am 24 years old. I wanted to know can unprotected sex lead to pregnancy if no ejaculation happens inside vagina? I was into this for around 7 days, about for 10 minutes each day. I am not having my periods. It is 5 days late now and still counting. I am having severe vaginal irritation also for which Lybrate doctors prescribed with metrogyl 400 and Clingen vaginal insertion tablets. I am under these medication now. Can there be any pregnancy related issue? Please respond. I am very worried.
The best dietician in India says that a proper and healthy diet goes a long way in keeping your body as well as mind healthy and fresh. Without a balanced diet, you can never have a healthy lifestyle. Lucknow dietician, the best dietician in India says thathaving a proper diet has many benefits such as- a healthy and happy life, can provide you protection from various diseases, boost your immunity, keep your weight in control, boost energy, improve your mood etc. Everybody should incorporate a healthy diet in their life. Here are some diet options to incorporate for a healthy lifestyle:
Breakfast: Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It should never be skipped. A hearty breakfast keeps you fuelled through the day. The best dietician in India says that the first meal of your day should be rich in proteins. It should also include fruits.
- Various options for breakfast:
- Eggs- boiled/ scrambled/ omelette or any way you like.
- Oatmeal or cereal
- Brown/ multigrain bread with peanut butter or a sandwich
- IdliSambar/ Upma
- Oats dosa/ oats idli
- Moong dal dhoka
- Breakfast Smoothies
- Green Tea
- Add a portion of fruits (any fruit you like or combination) to your breakfast.
- The best dietician in India also suggests adding a few dry fruits to your breakfast. Include about 4 to 5 soaked almonds, 2 to 3 dates, 2 walnuts, 1 anjeer or dried fig in your breakfast.
The best dietician in India, Lucknowdieticiansuggests you to have your lunch lighter than your breakfast.
Lunch should include:
- Chutneys/ Pickles
- 2 chapatis
- A vegetable and dal
- A little portion of rice
Snacks:The tea-time snacks should also be light. The best dietician in India says that it is best to have snacks between 4-5 pm.
- Mixed Nuts
- Moong Pakoda
- Steamed Corn
Dinner: Dinner should be the lightest meal of the day. Lucknow dietician, the best dietician in India says that you should go by the proverb that says- ‘Have breakfast like a king and dinner like a beggar’.
- Dinner Options:
- Brown Rice
- 1 chapati with vegetable and dal
- Oats and include a salad/ soup in your dinner.
The best dietician in India says incorporating the above diet options will also aid you in weight loss if you follow it properly. It will provide you with the necessary food nutrition.
I took i-pill on 11th August within 7 hours. Now on 30th August I started to bleed from morning but not continuously. It's light bleeding. Sometimes dark black. So it's implantation bleed or my periods. This happened before 4 days of my expected date because I took turmeric in boiled water for 2 days 1 teaspoon to induce early periods but I am confused it with implantation bleeding .2 weeks over of my intercourse happened.
Mere shadi 25 Nov me Hui hai or mujhe 2 bar period hua hai ek bar 16 Dec. Or ek bar 16 Jan. Jabki Nov. SE Abhi tak mere pati or mere bich daily sex hota hai sirf period me nahi hota 5 din lekin ishke bawjud hum pregnant nahi huye jab ki humne condom v use nahi kiye the or pahle jab mera period hota tha tab blood ke santh ek egg jaisa niklta tha period ke 3 or 4 din lekin pichle 6 SE 7 mahine SE egg nahi aata sirf period hota hai or bahot blood aata hai bahot pain hota hai hum pregnant hona chahte hai lekin nahi ho rahe hum pregnant mujhe Janna hai ki kya mai ma ban Sakti hua ya nahi.
I am 26 years female. I got married one year before. My mensturation period is delayed for 6 days and I am having sharping pain in my lower abdomen. May I know that is it a sign of pregnancy? please help me.
Cucumbers are scientifically known as Cucumis sativus and belong to the same botanical family as melons. Cucumbers have not received as much press as other vegetables in terms of health benefits, but this widely cultivated food provides us with a unique combination of nutrients. At the top of the phytonutrient list for cucumbers are its cucurbitacins, lignans, and flavonoids. These three types of phytonutrients found in cucumbers provide us with valuable antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer benefits.
Health Benefits of Cucumber
1. Protect Your Brain
Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that appears to play an important role in brain health. In addition to improving your memory and protecting your nerve cells from age-related decline, fisetin has been found to prevent progressive memory and learning impairments in mice with Alzheimer's disease.
2. Reduce Your Risk of Cancer
Cucumbers contain polyphenols called lignans (pinoresinol, lariciresinol, and Seco iso lariciresinol), which may help to lower your risk of breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancers. They also contain phytonutrients called cucurbitacins, which also have anti-cancer properties.
3. Fight Inflammation
Cucumbers may help to 'cool' the inflammatory response in your body.
4. Antioxidant Properties
Cucumbers contain numerous antioxidants, including the well-known vitamin C and beta-carotene. They also contain antioxidant flavonoids, such as quercetin, apigenin, luteolin, and kaempferol, which provide additional benefits.
5. Freshen Your Breath
Placing a cucumber slice on the roof of your mouth may help to rid your mouth of odor-causing bacteria.
6. Manage Stress
Cucumbers contain multiple B vitamins, including vitamin B1, vitamin B5, and vitamin B7 (biotin). B vitamins are known to help ease feelings of anxiety and buffer some of the damaging effects of stress.
7. Support Your Digestive Health
Cucumbers are rich in two of the most basic elements needed for healthy digestion: water and fiber. If you struggle with acid reflux, you should know that drinking water can help suppress acute symptoms of acid reflux by temporarily raising stomach pH; it's possible that water-rich cucumbers may have a similar effect.
Cucumber skins contain insoluble fiber, which helps add bulk to your stool. This helps food to move through your digestive tract more quickly for healthy elimination.
8. Maintain a Healthy Weight
Cucumbers are very low in calories, yet they make a filling snack (one cup of sliced cucumber contains just 16 calories)
9. Support Heart Health
Cucumbers contain potassium, which is associated with lower blood pressure levels. A proper balance of potassium both inside and outside your cells is crucial for your body to function properly.
Hi. Doctor I m 23 yrs old unmarried girl. I have problem during my periods. I have too much pain in my stomach and back during my periods and sonetimes the pain is increase much and I m using hot botle. But it not giving me relaxation. And some big blood cloth or pieces is also coming. So please help me and give me suggestions please
My gf had ipill on 13th Dec, on 19th at 11 am she started bleeding, with abdominals pain, nothing, please tell me what to do.
Hi doctor, I am 7 months pregnant. Please suggest a detail diet plan for last 2 months of my pregnancy. Please write a daily diet plan to be followed. Thanks in advance. I am looking forward to a detail daily diet schedule.
Many men claim to get by on 4 to 5 hours of sleep a day, but robbing the body of its required sleep has a number of side effects. The human body requires a minimum of 8 hours of sleep a day. There are two main reasons men don't get enough sleep: intentionally staying awake late at night and sleep disorders, such as insomnia, sleep apnea etc.
Here's how depriving your body of sleep can harm your sexual health:
- Less testosterone: The male body produces testosterone while he sleeps. When the body does not get adequate sleep and rest, it produces less testosterone. As the insomnia continues, this situation worsens. This leads to a low sex drive and poor libido.
- Low self esteem: Testosterone also influences the way the body stores fat and hence less testosterone can also lead to gynecomastia. This is condition where male bodies develop breasts as a result of an increase in body fat. Lowered testosterone levels in a male body also lead to reduced muscle strength and hence an overall lower sense of well-being.
- Erectile dysfunction: Inadequate sleep can result in obstructive sleep apnea. This is linked to the lowered levels of testosterone in the body as patients with sleep apnea do not reach the stage of REM sleep when testosterone is produced. Thus, sleep apnea can lead to erectile dysfunction where a man is unable to get or maintain an erection while having sex.
- Low sperm count: Testosterone plays an important role in sperm production. The relation between the two is simple: the higher the testosterone levels; the more the body produces sperm. Thus, if you do not get adequate sleep, your sperm count can be affected leading to infertility.
- Sexual misunderstanding: Sleep deprivation can affect your decision making and understanding of the other person's intentions. Thus, if you haven't slept properly, you are more likely to make uncalled for sexual advances and misunderstand your partner's sexual expectations.
- Accelerates aging: The body sheds dead cells and grows new cells while it sleeps. Thus, if the body is deprived of adequate sleep, the gaining process is accelerated. Not only does this bring on an early onset of wrinkles but it also lowers your sexual drive. Lowered testosterone may also lead to early balding.
- Fatigue: If the body doesn't get its required rest, you start the day feeling tired instead of refreshed. As the day goes on, this tiredness increases and is accompanied by irritability and aggression. When you're in such a bad moon and constantly tired the chances of wanting to be physically intimate with another person decrease.
Hi I am 33 years old and I married 1 year ago. Me and my husband are planning for child since last 4 months and I am not being able to conceive. I have subserosa fibroids of about 31 mm and bulky uterus. Can it be a problem. please suggest me the solution.
The inability to conceive for a prolonged duration after trying to do so is usually termed as infertility. This is usually diagnosed when a couple is unable to conceive even after trying regularly, without any kind of contraceptives. There may be many causes and factors for this and it may occur in either or both partners. So, you all need to know the causes and treatment of infertility.
- Age: Age is a major factor that can lead to infertility for either partner. Usually, the trend now is to delay having a baby until a woman is in her thirties or even forties, in some cases. This has an adverse effect, particularly on the age of the maternal egg which may or may not be effective as far as fertilisation goes. With the advancement of age, one loses the guarantee of genetic normalcy of the egg as well.
- Disorders in ovulation in females: Ovulation is an essential function that helps in releasing the egg that needs to be fertilised when it comes together with the sperm at the time of ovulation. This usually occurs at a certain time every month. But disorders like PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome can lead to an inability on the part of the ovaries to release these eggs. The treatment for this includes medication that will help in maintaining more regular cycles for the release of eggs.
- Male factor causing Infertility: In many cases, it has been seen that anomalies in the semen analysis reveal problems of infertility with males as of low sperm count, low motility of sperm, low quantity of alive and active sperm when it comes to natural conception. In such cases, a sexologist can prescribe you medicines that will increase the semen production for better quantity and quality of the sperm. The doctor can also ask the patient to go through a number of lifestyle changes too includes abstinence from smoking and excessive drinking, as well as the cultivation of a less stressful environment. Hormonal treatment or even surgery may also required to help in some severe cases.
- Endometrial polyps: In such cases, the female partner may develop finger like growths that can protrude in the form of tissue and come out of the uterine layer or the uterus. The removal of these polyps with the help of surgical procedures usually helps in such cases.
In many cases where mediation fails, the patients may have to go through IVF (In Vitro Fertilisation) or other such procedures to conceive a child with artificial methods. One must explore all options and find out the best one in terms of the infertility causes that the couple may be facing. You will also need to ensure that you have a well trained and experienced sexologist doctor who can help you with the process and guide you completely about the cause of problem and prescribe you best treatment to manage infertility at the right point of time.