Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Soujanya PrashanthYour feedback matters!
I have problem of mouth ulcers from past 25 years nd I have also constipation problem. I take medicine from many doctors but nothing work. Gender: male, age: 47 yrs.
I am a 22 years old male. I am suffering from severe bad breath problem. I also consulted dentist twice. Please prescribe me some medicines for it.
I have swollen gums, had done rct but it failed, can a re rct help? or I have to remove tooth? as of now its painless but it will pain soon. Suggest.?
I have tiny black spots of cavity in my back tooth. It is in very early stage. I want ask how i can stop or remove them.
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: it may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem.
I am 24 years old and having health related issue. I frequently get ulcers in mouth when I eat heavy food or banana shake etc. My diet is very low making me unhealthy. What medicines or precautions should I take to be healthy. My friend suggest me to take cobadex tablet but I am not sure about it.
I am getting my lower wisdom teeth and facing too much pain as well as swell. I have pain in my tonsils too. One side of my face is paining including nose ,ears, cheeks :(what to do sir.
Hi, I had severe teeth pain and have undergone root canal treatment. After cleaning the teeth I got rid of the pain and I didn't go for next visit to complete the treatment. Now its root is open and again the pain started. What should I do now, if I start treatment will it get cured or its more serious?
Sir/ma'am I have problem in my teeth All above teeth is in front (straight) and All below teeth is in back (straight) And when I eat there is half cm gap in between the above all teeth and below all teeth But my all above teeth is good looking and 100% straight but I have the gap problem only. So I want to ask that is there any solution from dentist to overcome this solution. And also when I am in rest then my all teeth don't meet each other (ie the all above teeth is in front and all below teeth in back so there is gap) I want my front above teeth to meet front below teeth even I am in rest (not talking) And also I want to spend 1 lakh rs. To dentist when I will 28 years old so please help from the science point of view. Is this possible?
Hi, I am suffering from bad breathing. Earlier I was using colgate but when bad breathing started I shifted to patanjali product 'Dantkanti' but still no progress is seen . Kindly get me out from this embarrassment.
I really have a bad breath in the morning and sometimes even after the long hours like 4 or five hours after i do brush. What should be done? Please advise?
She is 2.5 years old, she has a cavities in her teeth, wat we do, we are very scared, is there any treatment for the same.
I am75 years old. My question is related to dental.I never had any tooth ache so far and my tooth is visibly alright. My problem is little bits of teeth are are losing but the damage is only peripheral. Can I do any precautions to prevent further breaking and damage?
What is a root canal?
Root canal is a layman's term to describe a dental procedure that is performed to preserve a tooth that is at risk of being lost due to deep decay, infection, or other forms of trauma. Endodontic therapy or root canal treatment are the dental terms to describe this procedure. Root canal treatment is the removal of the infection-prone contents within the tooth and its roots. Subsequently, the resulting space is filled with an inert material to prevent infection. This treatment thoroughly disinfects the tooth's inner space. Root canal treatment enables a tooth to remain intact to function and serve its purpose in the mouth despite losing its vitality. Vitality is the tooth's ability to sense pain, pressure, or temperature. Prior to the implementation of root canal treatment, if a tooth had a large cavity or was abscessed, the only option was extraction of the bad tooth. All in all with Root Canal Treatment, we get to preserve a natural tooth and restore good dental health.