Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Soujanya Prashanth
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Soujanya PrashanthYour feedback matters!
Though it may be very common, spitting out blood while brushing, however little, is not normal. Bleeding gums can be an early sign of gum diseases like gingivitis and periodontal disease and hence should never be ignored. It can also be a symptom of scurvy. Plaque, when accumulated over time can lead to the inflammation of gums. Vigorous brushing or flossing over these inflamed gums can make them bleed.
Other causes for bleeding gums can include:
- Vitamin deficiency
- Blood thinners
- Mouth sores
- Bleeding disorders
- Hormonal changes
- And, health conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and leukemia
Regular dental checkups are essential to maintain healthy gums. A tooth clean up will rid your mouth of plaque and tartar that cause gum infections. Apart from that, here are a few things you can do at home.
- Eat a healthy diet: Avoiding excessive sugar can help keep your gums and teeth healthier. Replace this sugar with a diet rich in vegetables and fruits. This gives your gums the necessary nutrients. Chewing raw vegetables can also improve blood circulation in your gums and can help treat bleeding gums. Boosting your intake of vitamin A, C, calcium and magnesium can also keep your gums healthy.
- Dental routine: Brushing and flossing regularly are crucial to good dental health. This removes harmful bacteria that trigger dental infections. Make it a habit to brush and floss at least twice a day. The way you brush also makes a difference. Brush both sides of your teeth in an upwards and downwards movement instead of going from side to side. Also pay attention to the condition of your toothbrush. Change your toothbrush every six months and pick a soft or medium bristled toothbrush instead of firm bristled toothbrushes. Hard brushes can damage the soft tissues inside your mouth. Also, make it a habit to rinse your mouth with mouthwash after every meal. Alternatively, you could use a weak saline solution or hydrogen peroxide.
- Manage stress: Even your gums are affected by stress. Stress increases inflammation that causes bleeding and reduces the immune system's capability to fight infections. Studies have also shown a direct relationship between stress and the build up of plaque. Stress can also make it harder for you to maintain a healthy lifestyle and good dental habits.
- Stop sharing: Bleeding gums is a communicable infection. To protect yourself from bleeding gums, do not share things like glasses, cutlery etc. sharing toothbrushes should always be considered as a taboo.
My teeth are not white. They are like lite yellow. I brush my teeth 10-20 minutes but no result. I used many tooth pastes but no better result. What should I do for making my teeth whitening?
Hello sir. I have a serious problem. Since last 6 years I press my teeth on the table because my height of teeth. And last 6 months I'm getting full headache then I will stop pressing of my teeth. Now my mind is not working in some times and I forgot easily when my sir handover some works I forgot it. It is very problem to me what I do sir And which doctor can I consult.
HelloDoctor I am facing very painful in my mouth due to swelling in my gums. I think It is because I am doing tooth brush at least 15 minute in 2 times a day. So please help me and recommended me some medicine and prevention.
There is problem in my teeth. And between my teeth is a cavity that's why sometimes it pain a lot and food is also filled into it so how am I solve this.
I am 14 years old male. Due to my wisdom tooth my gum is paining. This is happening from the last week. please tell me the home relief.
I am facing problem due to mouth ulcers from past 1 week. Because of this, I am not able to eat properly. I applied Zytee Gel and took medicines also (becosules Z, Folvite, Sporlac ds). No positive results after taking medicines also.
My mouth smells very bad even after brushing twice a day and using mouth wash. How can I get rid of this smell?
What I have to do? I have bad smel from my mouth. I regularly brush, one time daily. Is it the sign for some kind of dangerous deasese? Pls suggest me to do what is good to be done.
My tongue is little bit larger. I can not talk well. Please give me some suggestions to become smaller.
I have gap on my front teeth looking for a best durable treatment please help me out and suggest which treatment option would be better. Thank you.
- Pericoronitis is a type of impaction. This condition is most commonly found in mandibular 3rd molar tooth. It is a painful condition.
- Treatment:- pericoronitis can be treated by either flap removal or extractions of the affected tooth.