Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SoubhagyaYour feedback matters!
The body is in a constant state of metabolism, which produces toxins or waste substances that need to be removed. Not removing them can affect the efficiency of the whole body system and result in various diseases.
Ayurveda believes that an individual’s well-being and overall health are the results of balance maintained between the three body fluids (pitta, Vata, and Kapha). Regular detoxification helps in restoring balance and thereby preventing diseases.
Read on to know some of the most effective detox methods from Ayurveda.
- Fasting: One of the best ways to clear the body of accumulated toxins is fasting. Fasting for shorter periods at regular intervals (like a chosen day of the week every week) is preferred. The overall benefits are reduced gas, fresher breath, mental clarity, overall well-being, and detoxification. You can choose to fast with only fruits, only water, only light foods, or complete fast depending on your body.
- Panchakarma massage: There are structured massage programs using essential oils and last for 4 days. There is a simple dietary regimen to be followed which washes the digestive system thoroughly and flushes out toxins through the colon.
- Detox programs: Ayurveda has detox programs of varying periods from daily to 4 days to 45 days. The salient features of these detox programs would be the same. There is a reference to ama which is the undigested residue from food that is present in the colon. During any of the detox program, the objective is to remove the ama, which is believed to be the causative factor for all digestive diseases.
- Eat at the same time every day, with complete attention on the food
- Do not fast or skip meals
- Eat only if you are hungry, after the previous meal has completely digested
- Do not eat to your full capacity
- When at your table, give 2 minutes before eating and 2 minutes after finishing the meal
- The lunch should be the main meal, with lighter meals at breakfast and dinner
- Eat warm, fresh, light vegetarian foods like roti, daal, whole grains, and vegetables.
- Sleep well, as your body requires more sleep during this process
- Hydrate yourself with warm water and/or teas to help flush out toxins
- Develop a regular light exercise regimen, which will improve digestion and eliminate wastes
- Try massage like Abhyanga followed by a warm shower
With these simple steps, see yourself detoxed and healthy with renewed vitality and energy. These are preferred to be done at the change of season to a colder one so that the body is rid of the toxins and fresh to take on the season. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am eight week pregnant. In 6th week bleeding started but when we met doctor .they asked for scanning after scanning .we know baby 's heartbeat is ok. So she recommend bed rest for a week. Aftr that I was ohk but on 9th day again bleeding started and its a lot. Again she scanned and baby's heartbeat normal .she admitted for two days in hospital. Now bleeding was still going on but small like spotting again she scanned heartbeat normal. She recommend 15 days bed rest. But I do not knw now what is the problem.
Hi, Doc I think my estrogen levels are low. Asfrom last few months blood flow in periods is very less. And periods use to stop after 3 days. I am always in low mood, anxiety. Please suggest something doctor.
With changing lifestyles, the small household chores have become the workouts for most of us. When not done properly, however, these cause more harm than good. The spine often bears the brunt of this damage. Read on to know if you are damaging your spine on a daily basis. If yes, time to change the way you do these activities.
- Carrying shopping bags: While two bags might look more expensive, carrying one bag tilts the weight to one side and causes the spine to bend. Instead, opt for two small bags, and this weight distribution is friendly on the spine.
- Cleaning the floor: Either sit down completely or stand and use a mop. Never bend down and try to clean the floor with a cloth. The spine posture created during this is very unhealthy and puts pressure on the spine.
- Tying up shoe laces: While it is difficult to sit down and tie the shoe laces, it is definitely worth the effort. Bending down and tying is harmful to the spine posture, and when repeatedly done, can be damaging in the long run.
- Washing vessels: Bending and washing vessels is a strict no-no. It puts too much pressure on the back and the disk wears out faster. Try standing and keep a stool at knee level, on which you can rest the knee. Take turns to do this on the right and left knee.
- At the washbasin: Bending down to brush the teeth or wash face is bad on the spine. Over a long period, this can put lot of strain on the spine. Try to rest your hand on the wall or the sink and see the pressure on the spine reduce.
- Office/school bags: It is very easy to sling a bag onto the shoulder and go on. The bag could contain books of a school kid or laptop of an office goer, whatever may be the situation, this puts uneven pressure on the back and can cause shoulder and spine issues. Always try to put the bag on both your shoulders. This distributes the weight and makes it easy on your shoulders and spine. Especially for people who are going to do some walking with the bag, it is definitely not advisable to carry it on one side.
- Sitting: For those who end up sitting for long hours, there is too much stress on the back and so support is advisable. Take short breaks and avoid sitting for more than an hour at a stretch.
- Bad mattress: While a soft mattress is very inviting, it does not support the spine and does not leave you fresh in the morning. Choose a mattress that supports the spine and see the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Dear sir meri wife ka last period time 10 july tha and wo ab august me period nhi hua h aur prega test se test karne ke bad report positive aya h abhi next kya krna h doctor ki advise leni h kya.
My chums got delayed by around thirteen days. She recommended blood hcg, thyroid and ultrasound of internal reproductive organs vaginally which I am scared of. If chums have happened I can skip blood hcg I believe.
I am 28 year old a married woman. We are planning for baby from last 2 years but could not conceive. So my doctor prescribed me to go for hsg test to check to fallopian tubes whether they are blocked or not. So I just want to know are there any symptoms to check whether fallopian tubes are blocked or not??
I m married and I had ipill a month back. I goty periods on due date but continued for 20 days. What is the matter?
I want to know what can be the best protein source for vegetarians. I am suffering from pcod and thyroid. Thank you.
Hi, I am diabetic for 5 yrs. And mother of 5 month old baby and my delivery was c-section. Do I need any supplement like calcium or vitamins? If yes then which?
I am 23 year married women. I have burning sensation around vagina and pain in the right side of vagina. doctor gave me. Flagyl 400 and doxy 1 and candizole tablet. Why dese med r given?
Dear Dr. I am 25 years old girl. I want to know whether there is a permanent treatment for pcos. Can a girl with pcos become a mother. Is this problem common these days in girl. Is this a very big problem and will there be any problem in conceiving.
I am taking medicine thyrox50 mg. I am worried about that white discharge all the time like whiteegg type. And mam from when I will feel the baby movement now its 18 week.
I had sex with my gf bt. She missed he period on 16. Now its 20. What medicine should be taken to stop pregnancy please suggest some medicine and how to take it. Is there is no any type of side effect for it.
I am 23 year. I have sex with my boyfriend. And I got period after a month but now I am not getting my periods. So can you tell me it' s possible I am pergent. Please answer my question.
Sir, my girlfriend period was on 8/7/2017 and we have done unprotected sex on 12/7/2017 but I hope sperm will not fall inside can we safe from pregnancy, she is irregular period of 35 days and now she got loose motion on 19/7/2017 and stomach pain on 20/7/2017 is it symptom of pregnancy? please suggest me sir.
Sir/mam, am thyroid patient on February my weight was 76 kg I reduce my weight to 68 kg on july August and September my periods are 2 times a month my doctor said to take scan and told my that I have pcod. He said that to reduce weight to 60 kg then there will be alright .am getting marriage on November there is any problem with my pregnancy.
Great sex tips
1. Talk about sex. As time passes in a relationship, it's easy to get into a rut and just go through the motions, rather than express what you really want (and need) in bed. Sex therapist Williams Lucena, fmd, says it's time to break this cycle with some frank talk. 'ask each other, 'what do I need in bed from you?'' he suggests. 'get back to the communication you used to have.'
2. Eat healthy. This doesn't sound like a sex tip, but treating your body right with good nutrition helps the whole body, including your libido, says Debbie Mandel, a stress management expert and author of addicted to stress. 'eat healthy foods to reduce cholesterol and keep your cardiovascular system humming,' she adds. 'this will ensure that circulation is at peak performance for the 'southern hemisphere.'