Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SoubhagyaYour feedback matters!
I am an engineering student in VIT university. My basic problem is I am on more weight than it has to be for my height. I can reduce it by doing exercises or anything but the problem is I am thin on the upper part and fatty on the bottom. I hope you got me. Also my hip was somewhat wide but that was from my mother genes. So with this I looked like very thin feature from face, neck,hands, abdomen and from there it looks like an unmatched one. Is there any solution that I could get out of this because it does not look good when I wear series for any functions. Please do tell me.
I have problem in vagina from 2-3 months. Its problem is rising when my periods is coming I don't know its due to padding. Problem is my vagina swelled, itching and irritation too. and its irritation when I had done sex. Please tell me the whats the problem and suggest me some precautions.?
I am 20 years old girl n having irregular menses with nymphomania. I have a aken allopathic treatment. But I don't have any relief. What should I do.
1. Green Tea Contains Various Bioactive Compounds That Can Improve Health
It is loaded with polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins, which function as powerful antioxidants (1).
These substances can reduce the formation of free radicals in the body, protecting cells and molecules from damage. These free radicals are known to play a role in aging and all sorts of diseases.
One of the more powerful compounds in green tea is the antioxidant Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCG), which has been studied to treat various diseases and may be one of the main reasons green tea has such powerful medicinal properties.
2. Compounds in Green Tea Can Improve Brain Function and Make You Smarter
The key active ingredient is caffeine, which is a known stimulant.
What caffeine does in the brain is to block an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine. This way, it actually increases the firing of neurons and the concentration of neurotransmitters like dopamine and norepinephrine (3, 4).
L-theanine increases the activity of the inhibitory neurotransmitter GABA, which has anti-anxiety effects. It also increases dopamine and the production of alpha waves in the brain (7, 8, 9).
Studies show that caffeine and L-theanine can have synergistic effects. Thecombination of the two is particularly potent at improving brain function (10).
3. Green Tea Increases Fat Burning and Improves Physical Performance
This is because green tea has been shown to increase fat burning and boost the metabolic rate, in human controlled trials (11, 12).
In one study in 10 healthy men, green tea increased energy expenditure by 4% (13).
4. Antioxidants in Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Various Types of Cancer
Cancer is caused by uncontrolled growth of cells. It is one of the world’s leading causes of death.
It is well known that oxidative damage contributes to the development of cancer and that antioxidants can have a protective effect (20).
Green tea is an excellent source of powerful antioxidants, so it makes perfect sense that it could reduce your risk of cancer, which it appears to do:
• Breast cancer: A meta-analysis of observational studies found that whomen who drank the most green tea had a 22% lower risk of developing breast cancer, the most common cancer in women (21).
• Prostate cancer: One study found that men drinking green tea had a 48% lower risk of developing prostate cancer, which is the most common cancer in men (22).
• Colorectal cancer: A study of 69,710 Chinese women found that green tea drinkers had a 57% lower risk of colorectal cancer (23).
5. Green Tea May Protect Your Brain in Old Age, Lowering Your Risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s
Not only can green tea improve brain function in the short term, it may also protect your brain in old age.
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common neurodegenerative disease in humans and a leading cause of dementia.
Parkinson’s disease is the second most common neurodegenerative disease and involves the death of dopamine producing neurons in the brain.
6. Green Tea Can Kill Bacteria, Which Improves Dental Health and Lowers Your Risk of Infection
The catechins in green tea have other biological effects as well.
Streptococcus mutans is the primary harmful bacteria in the mouth. It causes plaque formation and is a leading contributor to cavities and tooth decay.
Studies show that the catechins in green tea can inhibit the growth of streptococcus mutans. Green tea consumption is associated with improved dental health and a lower risk of caries (35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40).
7. Green Tea May Lower Your Risk of Type II Diabetes
Type II diabetes is a disease that has reached epidemic proportions in the past few decades and now afflicts about 300 million people worldwide.
This disease involves having elevated blood sugar levels in the context of insulin resistance or an inability to produce insulin.
Studies show that green tea can improve insulin sensitivity and reduce blood sugar levels (43).
8. Green Tea May Reduce Your Risk of Cardiovascular Disease
Cardiovascular diseases, including heart disease and stroke, are the biggest causes of death in the world (46).
Studies show that green tea can improve some of the main risk factors for these diseases.
This includes total cholesterol, LDL cholesterol and triglycerides (47).
Green tea also dramatically increases the antioxidant capability of the blood, which protects the LDL cholesterol particles from oxidation, which is one part of the pathway towards heart disease (48, 49, 50).
9. Green Tea Can Help You Lose Weight and Lower Your Risk of Becoming Obese
Given that green tea can boost the metabolic rate in the short term, it makes sense that it could help you lose weight.
Several studies show that green tea leads to decreases in body fat, especially in the abdominal area (54, 55).
One of these studies was a randomized controlled trial in 240 men and women that went on for 12 weeks. In this study, the green tea group had significant decreases in body fat percentage, body weight, waist circumference and abdominal fat (56).
10. Green Tea May Decrease Your Risk of Dying and Help You Live Longer
Of course, we all have to die eventually. That is inevitable.
However, given that green tea drinkers are at a lower risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, it makes sense that it could help you live longer.
In a study of 40,530 Japanese adults, those who drank the most green tea (5 or more cups per day) were significantly less likely to die during an 11 year period (58):
• Death of all causes: 23% lower in women, 12% lower in men.
• Death from heart disease: 31% lower in women, 22% lower in men.
• Death from stroke: 42% lower in women, 35% lower in men.
While making love is much more than getting a climax, it is one of the most pleasurable moments a man or a woman can feel. However, for many women, climaxing or achieving orgasms isn’t as easy as for men. In fact a significant number of women haven’t been able to achieve orgasm even once due to a variety of factors. Even women who want to orgasm face difficulty in achieving orgasms on a regular basis.
Here are some tips to help if you are one of these women.
- Attentiveness towards one’s own body: Women are often raised to be very conscious about their bodies and sexuality in general. This affects their view of sexuality even when they are in a committed loving relationship. Hence, many women are unable to communicate with their partners openly about their needs. It is important that you indulge in masturbation or some forms of self pleasure to understand what your body responds to and then be able to communicate it to your partner.
- Foreplay is king: This is a major part often missed by the partners of women who are unable to orgasm. Foreplay helps the woman get aroused; longer the foreplay, longer the arousal. A longer arousal will help you in being lubricated better, which will decrease painful sensations and will help achieve orgasms. It is also important that you talk to your partner and ensure that you have enough foreplay.
- Stimulation of the clitoris: While there is debate within the medical circles about the efficacy of various types of orgasms such as vaginal or pelvic orgasms; most women do feel clitoral orgasms as it is one of the most easily stimulated areas with thousands of nerve endings. Thus, you should ask your partner to rub, touch, or lick your clitoral region as this is one area where achieving orgasms would be easier than other parts of the genitals as well as a whole body orgasm.
- Variety is the essence of love making: Women tend to be able to orgasm with a variety of activities rather than one type of sexual act. It is thus, important for you to tell your partner the various things that you may be interested in trying out. If you can try out multiple positions and techniques, it will increase your chances of being able to orgasm.
- Take the help of toys and lube: Lubrication in the form of commercially available lubes as well as sex toys can help you achieve orgasm much quicker and it would be a good idea to include them in while making love. You can also go solo with these sex toys to achieve orgasm during masturbation as this would help in achieving orgasms even during sex with a partner.
Trichomonas Vaginalis, a virus, which affects almost 7.4 million men and women each year. This virus can cause a sexually transmitted disease upon contact with a person who may be carrying the same. This condition is more common in women than it is in men and causes a variety of symptoms. Let us learn more about this infection.
- Symptoms: This disease does not have any obvious symptoms until the problem becomes pretty severe. The symptoms for men include irritation inside the penis, discharge, and a burning sensation upon urination and ejaculation. The symptoms for women include a strong odour filled discharge that may also be greenish yellow in colour, pain in the lower abdomen in case the infection is extremely severe, itching and irritation in the vagina, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Diagnosis: The gynaecologist or the general physician will usually carry out the diagnosis with the help of blood and urine samples that will be sent to the lab for testing. These tests will help in determining the spread and severity of the infection. The doctor will also use vaginal or urethral fluid in order to diagnose the issue with the help of further lab tests. Most doctors will tell you that it is harder to detect the presence of the virus in women, than it is in men.
- Treatment: The treatment of this disease is done with the help of metronidazole, which can be used to treat trichomoniasis in case the patient is pregnant. It is usually recommended that the sexual partner of the patient should also be treated for the infection so as to stem its spread. Also, the doctors will recommend abstinence from sex for the duration of the treatment. Antibiotics will also be prescribed for both partners. Usually, one will be asked to wait for all the symptoms to disappear before becoming sexually active again.
- Complications: There is a risk of contracting the HIV virus in case pregnant women do not get treated for this disease on time. It can also cause premature rupture of the various membranes that protect the foetus, which can in turn, lead to premature delivery of the baby. Further, women who are suffering from this disease are at higher risk of passing on the HIV virus to their partners. This happens when the woman is also infected with the HIV virus.
- Prevention: There are various ways to prevent this disease including the proper use of condoms and limiting the number of sexual partners. Genital inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of this STD. Also, one must take the necessary precautions to avoid catching and spreading this disease and getting a full body check up done is an important part of prevention.
I had sex without condom but it was just 2 inches in and he took it off so I do not think any sperm entered in vagina. After that day I had 4 bottles of breast (alcohol) day after that I felt chest burning and headache and it was from 3-4 days. Is drinking alcohol causes heartburn and headache or is this a symptom of pregnancy. My muscles are also paining and stomach feels heavy. Please help.
I think I'm pregnant, I'm not sure about it but I'm actually having these symptoms, like pelvic pain, nausea, headaches , fatigues, frequent urination, it has been 22 days since my last periods , is there any chance if abortion medically and if there is how can it be done.
Hi sir My wife is 28 yrs. She is having pus in urine with rythmic fever and vomiting She is also taking medicines for conceiving please Suggest how can this problem overcome of pus.
With the endless choices on the store shelves it?s hard to know which to choose. Butter vs. Margarine, extra virgin olive oils, refined oils like vegetable and canola.
There is evidence pointing in the direction that it isn?t animal fats causing our epidemic levels of heart disease, but vegetable oils. Research is showing that butter consumption at the turn of the century was about 18 lbs per person per year and the use of vegetable oils was non existent. Cancer and heart disease were rare. Today butter consumption is just above 4 lbs per person per year while the use of vegetable oils and refined oils has soared.
What are refined oils and which ones should you avoid?
Definition: An oil has been refined by using chemicals that are harmful to us. In short it means to ?purify?. But the meaning of purify has many definitions. It may mean the oil was treated with acid, or purified with an alkali, or bleached. It can also be neutralized, filtered or deodorized. All of which require chemicals like Hexane!
Click here for a look into HOW oil gets refined.
In the process of making and refining these types of oils, it leads to PUFas (rancid polyunsaturated fatty acids) which DO NOT hold up well to high heats. In the process of being extracted from the seed these oils oxidize and turn into trans fats. The smell is so rancid that a cleaning process has to take place using bleach to deodorize it.
But most of all AVOID Hydrogenated oils (Crisco and margarine) ~ This is one of the most dangerous products on the market today! It has actually been BANNED in 2 European countries, but not ours.
Hydrogenated oil is made by forcing hydrogen gas into oil as high pressure. The more solid the oil is the more hydrogenated, such as margarine and Crisco or lard. When hydrogenated oils are made the healthy fats are converted into a new type of fat, known as trans fat. This is the one subject that you will find an overwhelming agreement from Doctors, scholars, and scientists alike. Trans fats should be avoided while healthy fats (found in olive oil, nuts and avocados) should be eaten.
Trans fats are so bad for you, the FDA estimated approximately 95% of prepared cookies, 100% of crackers and 80% of frozen breakfast products contained trans fats [Govt Publishing Office] Now that trans fats have to be labeled on products, most companies have removed them from their products. Sneaky, huh?
The problem now isn?t our own kitchens, but what if we dine out? How do we know what restaurants are using? Well California?s governor recently signed legislation to phase out trans fats from restaurants and baked goods in bakeries [Natl Conference of State Legislatures]. (Too bad I don?t live in CA) and New York city became the largest city in the nation to demand restaurants, cafeterias and schools go trans free.
The best advice I can give is to ASK. I ask everytime we go out now if the dressing coming with the salad is homemade or store bought. I ask what types of oils they use when they cook. I ask where they get their vegetables. Don?t turn a deaf ear. Most restaurants will put the bottom line (their profits) over your health. I hate to say that, but it?s true.
So which oils are safe then?
Hello doctor, I am 22 year old female my period. Not occur till today about one month 5 days last period date is 26/5/2015, home pregnancy test is negative, thyroid test is negative, some pregnancy symptoms is there why this is going on. Worried about this, Shall wait for few days or give any solution.
I am 26 I would like my wife get pregnant and we have try twice but no result now we are going for third time what will problem?
I have a fibroid in uterus. It is a hypoechoic mass of 38x40 mm in size. Any treatment of it except surgery.
Eating with freedom this diwali and look fabulous
Yes, you read it right. It's the time of the year again when our phone beeps every few minutes, the message is the same, it's a happy diwali message; and images of sweets and savoury which tempt us. But the irony is that now we want to look skinny and not healthy and also we teach our children not to eat them and instead buy them cakes, pastries and chocolates.
We need to understand the secret behind our traditional foods prepared specially on some occasions like chikki and wheat pongal during sankranti festival, thandai during shivratri and ladus during ganesh festival which teaches us what to eat and when to eat and how to eat. So here's where I simplify things for you
The five ground rules
Rule no. 1: go local
Going local will automatically mean that you are eating seasonal produce. The benefits of what you eat seasonal are manifold for example you are eating kiwis which are not produced in india and by the time you eat that fruit, it is dead. Instead eat local guava or oranges which would have some nutrient value. Fresh foods are living foods they have energy and in turns give us energy. So, when you eat good, feel good and look good.
Rule no. 2: go traditional
Earlier most of our meals were home cooked and reserved for special occasions. So, I suggest to eat all the home-made mithai, namkeen and goodies during diwali. I suggest, pick the best ingredients, involve the entire family in preparations, cook with laughter, share what you have prepared with dear ones and relish every bite as it melts in your mouth rather than buying them from
When you eat good, feel good and look good.
Rule no. 3: eating correctly
Our lives are more hectic and in this process we lose our balance, and our body react to it by throwing up ailments such as minor cough and colds, migraines, pains etc. The way you eat reflects things about you as person. You want to make sure you eat with freedom and no restrictions. So there is no denying yourself, be mindful of your food. So set aside your meal time and eat in peace.
Eating with freedom this diwali
Rule no 4: vary your food
Make sure your food has different textures and colours and taste for example our very own indian thali. Stay away from processed foods. Say no to colored foods and artificial flavours and sweeteners. Eat home cooked food.
Rule no. 5: stay hydrated
With so much going on during diwali, most of us forget to drink enough water. Low fluid intake can make you feel weak. Many a time's people replace water with sugary beverages or aerated drinks. I advise to include healthy beverages such as nimbu pani with less sugar, iced green tea, buttermilk, and infused water.
M female 19 and my menstrual cycle comes within in 24 dayz with severe pain. What should be done in this case?
I am here to address to the first doctor of the family that is mothers. Dear mothers you are the first person whom everyone in the family be it your child, husband, parents or in laws want to see first when in trouble or illness.
As it is said that men's work is from son to son but a lady's work ia never done, means men do work for a limited time period say from 9 to 5 for eg, but a women's work is never ending.
Doing all work and taking care of your family you keep your health at the bottom of your priority list dear mothers you need to understand that your health is the key to family health. You cannot avoid yourself.
If you want to keep your family happy and health then first you need to stay happy and healthy.
I am Dr. Komal puri giving some reminder to be followed by moms to keep themselves healthy.
1. Take a glass of water in the morning as soon as you wake up, it will help to flush toxins from your body that is generated overnight.
2. Don't skip breakfast-breakfast is the first meal of the day that keep you energise the whole day. I know an energetic women performs household as well as physical activities much better. Just because your routine is not regular or normal doesn't mean that you should skip your breakfast. Make sure you take healthy well balanced meal in the morning including proteins, fruits, veggies, milk etc.
3. Stay hydrated-water intake makes your skin glowing. Dear mothers, we know you are the most beautiful lady for your child on this earth but you will love to hear from your child when he or she will say oh mom you are so pretty, your skin is glowing. Drink 10 to 12 glasses of water daily. This point is especially recommended for mothers who choose to breastfeed their babies because the quantity as well as quality of your milk supply totally depends on your hydration.
4. 3 nutrients that is iron, calcium and protein-giving birth to a child changes you body drastically. If you want to get recover from it, make sure that you will take enough amount of proteins, iron and calcium in your diet. Deficiency of this will make you feel tired very easily, you will irritated. You are the person in the family who will not depend on anybody even in your old age. So for proteins focus on beans, lentils, nuts, soya, these are the good source of iron as well. Dark green vegetables, cheese, yoghurt, curd,
Milk are good source of calcium.
5. Take time for yourself-being working mother is a tedious job, preparing breakfast, lunch and dinner and then taking care of kids and weekends planned for pending jobs make you stressed ultimately. So take time for yourself, do yoga, meditation or power walk in the morning.
On the other hand, homemakers are under eaten, their job is thankless, no pay, no weekend off, 24 by 7 continuous job and house is there working place. It is very imperative to take time for yourself.
You can join hobby classes like dancing, singing etc, hangout with your friends when your kids are at school or so shopping to make you feel fresh.
On this mothers day I wish you dream, enjoy, relax and lead a happy and healthy life.