Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SoniaYour feedback matters!
I am 18 year old male I have asthma from my childhood but it is not that severe. To completely get rid of it what should I do. I stopped using medicine for asthma I use them only when it is required. Can you please tell me the general measures and food items that I should take so that I can get rid of asthma completely.
Sir. I am losing my hair quickly. I tried all types of shampoo. But they are unaffected. So please tell me. What I do? Help me.
I am 42 years old and suffering from 8-9 mm kidney stone in upper right ureter approx. 6 cm away from pelvis ureteric junction. Stone is not visible in X-ray films. Kidney functions well. I do not have much problems other than some mild abdomen pain occasionally, indigestion and constipation issues. I am taking 4 to 5 lit fluids daily and urine is clear always.
My pack will be ending the day after tomorrow. If I got withdrawal bleed after that. Does it mean I am safe. I was on pills from june. And I missed the last pill of june which I took next day along with the last pill. Then I was out of town for 6 days on which I had menses from 5-8 july. On july 8 at 11 pm I started with the new pack. 9th july had protected intercourse with same condom for three rounds. Do not know if he ejaculated or not Since then I have not missed a pill. Since I have taken that 6 days break after missing the pill and was not sure about the condom I got nervous. Took a test yesterday and few days earlier both were negative. M I safe. When should I take home pregnancy test to get accurate results?
I am male 57 years old. Please advise any safe medicine for good and peaceful sleep in the night, as I take allopathy medicines, which makes me in awful condition next morning.
I have got evidence of 5.2mms calculus at mid pole calyx of left kidney in USG compare to 5mms size in last report 4 months back. It started with 4.5 mm in 9 months back. Is it advisable to tale himalaya cystone to cure my stone problem.
How do I decrease my stomach size it's very much bigger and I have to decrease it. I started before 4 months to have lesser food and walking for 15 min daily but then too I may not be able to decrease its size. Please help me in any way to make it slimmer.
Sir I'm 20 years old and I am suffering from week digestion from last 7-8 months. Some doctors told me that it is IBS and gave me medicines of no use. Please help me to get out of this.
Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is referred to as a group of disorders that are characterized by a high blood sugar level. Diabetes mellitus occurs when the secretion of insulin (a pancreatic hormone responsible for converting the sugar from consumed foods into energy) is insufficient or the body cells do not properly respond to insulin. Insufficient secretion of insulin causes glucose formation in the bloodstream and mixes with the urine.
The psychological factors responsible for Diabetes Mellitus. In majority (not all), this disease originates with some recent stress in life. This disease is an epidemic in late thirties till fifties. In this age, a person is productive in his profession and most of the time there are job or financial issues that play a very vital role in generating stress and hence Diabetes.
Mostly, in my practice patients reported, before developing Diabetes, a recent financial loss or strain, love disappointment, a betrayal, or fear of loosing a job etc., sedentary habits, diet and genetic factors are secondary. Homeopathy keep such things in account before prescribing and in many cases Diabetes is irreversible. Thers is a vast field of diabetic complications where Homeopathy has a lot to offer. One of them is diabetic neuropathy. For example pain in soles, nerves, lack of energy, sexual dysfunction, mood disorders, diabetic ulcer etc.
Homeopathy For Diabetes
In homeopathy, the main focus is on functioning of the pancreas in efficient insulin production. There are specific medicines which are used effectively in the treatment of all the stages of the diseases.
Homeopathic treatment can help improve the general health of a person with diabetes:
If a person with diabetes is in good health, his or her insulin requirements will be steady and the blood glucose well controlled at the same time. Homeopaths resort to different approaches towards diabetes Management of Blood Sugar. First is when the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it and there are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar.
Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force. Whatever treatment is taken it’s always advisable to be in regular touch with the doctor and keep sharing the health status with the doctor. The homeopathic preparations useful for diabetes are as follows:
Phosphoric acid: Useful remedy for diabetes with the symptoms of recurrent physical or mental exhaustion, loss of memory and numbness in the feet.
Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic preparation is useful for diabetics who show the symptoms of polyuria, an increased sensation of hunger and weakness in the muscles.
Syzygium Jambolanum: Useful in reducing the blood sugar level quickly and effectively. This homeopathic preparation is also useful to cure diabetics with the symptoms of polyuria, increased sensation of thirst and long-term ulcers.
Gymnema Sylvestre: This Homeopathic preparation acts as a useful remedy for diabetics who are experiencing the symptoms of weight loss with a severe lack in energy levels.
Uranium Nitricum: This homeopathic preparation is a useful cure for diabetes with the symptoms of depression, nausea, irregular urination, severe pain in the back, delayed menstrual periods in women, significant pain in the head and dry skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hello sir I am suffering form blood pressure in last 2-3 month I am taking some medicine but not I am satisfy pls prescribe me.
I haven't been able to sleep since 2 days and I am having a severe headache, tried multiple home remedies, but didn't work, what to do? Please help me!
Hepatitis is a medical condition in which the liver gets inflamed due to the action of a virus mostly. The type of treatment for this condition is decided according to the type and the root cause behind the condition. There are 5 types of viral hepatitis as described below:
- Hepatitis A- This type of viral hepatitis develops due to an infection from Hepatitis A virus. Consumption of contaminated food and water can result in this condition. Hepatitis A cannot be treated but vaccination helps in preventing its development.
- Hepatitis B- Infection due to Hepatitis B virus results in this condition. Contact with infected body fluids like saliva, blood or semen, sharing razors with infected people, having sexual contact with an infected person etc. increases the chances of suffering from this condition in a person.
- Hepatitis C- It is a type of viral hepatitis which develops due to an infection from Hepatitis C virus. Direct contact with infected body fluids, sexual contact, and drug use through injection may result in the development of this condition.
- Hepatitis D- Infection from the Hepatitis D virus may result in this severe liver disease known as Hepatitis D or Delta hepatitis. Direct contact with infected blood or a puncture would result in the development of such a condition.
- Hepatitis E- Spread of Hepatitis E virus, due to poor sanitation (leading to ingestion of fecal matter) may result in this waterborne disease known as Hepatitis E.
Here are some things you can do in order to prevent viral hepatitis
1. Avoid consuming contaminated food and water - Maintaining proper hygiene is very important in order to prevent viral hepatitis. Especially if you are living in or travelling to a developing country, you must avoid drinking local water, eating raw fruits and vegetables without washing them, having seafood or having ice.
2. Avert contamination of blood - In order to prevent viral hepatitis due to blood contamination, sharing of razors, sharing of drug needles must be avoided. Using somebody else's toothbrush must also be avoided. Spilled blood should not be touched by anyone. It can become a cause of viral hepatitis in him/her due to blood contamination.
3. Vaccinate yourself - For Hepatitis A and B, vaccines have been developed. You can safeguard yourself from these forms of hepatitis by vaccinating yourself. However for Hepatitis C, D, and E, vaccines are yet to be developed.
I have nothing much hair in chin,(neck, is any medicines or ailment to grown hair in this place doctor? Can yoy please help me?
How to control cholesterol by natural way? What are the impacts of cholesterol having (value >200). Pl suggest Thanks
I have so many pimples. I applied too many costly product but I doesn't show any good result. Now I tell me what to do.
When a person has a medical condition called alopecia areata, the hair falls out in round patches. The hair can fall out on the scalp and elsewhere on the body.
Alopecia areata can cause different types of hair loss. Each of these types has a different name:
- Alopecia areata (hair loss in patches).
- Alopecia totalis (lose all hair on the scalp).
- Alopecia universalis (lose all hair on the body).
Not everyone loses all of the hair on the scalp or body. This happens to about 5 percent of people.
Hair often grows back but may fall out again. Sometimes the hair loss lasts for many years.
Alopecia is not contagious. It is not due to nerves. What happens is that the immune system attacks the hair follicles (structures that contain the roots of the hair), causing hair loss. This disease most often occurs in otherwise healthy people.
- Patchy hair loss: The problem often begins with 1 or more coin-sized, round, smooth, bare patches where hair once was. You may first notice the problem when you see clumps of hair on your pillow or in the shower.
Hair loss occurs mostly on the scalp. But it can involve eyebrows, eyelashes, beards — any hair-bearing site. Patches vary in size.
- “Exclamation mark” hairs: Often, a few short hairs occur in or at the edges of the bare spots. These hairs get narrower at the bottom, like an exclamation mark.
- Widespread hair loss: With time, some patients go bald. Some lose all their body hair, too. This is not common. Also uncommon is a band of hair loss at the back of the scalp.
- Nail problems: Alopecia areata also can affect your fingernails and toenails. Nails can have tiny pinpoint dents (pitting). They also can have white spots or lines, be rough, lose their shine, or become thin and split. Rarely nails change shape or fall off.
Sometimes nail changes are the first sign of alopecia areata.
Who gets alopecia areata?
People can have this type of hair loss at any age. It often begins in childhood. Some patients with alopecia areata have a family member who also has the disease.
What causes alopecia areata?
Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disease. Autoimmune means that the body's immune system attacks the body. When alopecia areata develops, the body attacks its own hair follicles. A person's genetic makeup, combined with other factors, triggers this form of hair loss.
Alopecia areata: Diagnosis and treatment
How do dermatologists diagnose alopecia areata?
Sometimes a dermatologist can diagnose alopecia areata by looking at the hair loss.
If the patch of hair loss is expanding, the doctor may pull out a few hairs. These hairs will be looked at under a microscope.
Sometimes the dermatologist will perform a skin biopsy to confirm that the disease is alopecia areata. To perform a skin biopsy, the dermatologist removes a small piece of skin so that it can be studied under a microscope.
Blood tests may be necessary if the dermatologist thinks the patient might have another autoimmune disease.
How dermatologists treat alopecia areata?
There is no cure for alopecia areata. Hair often re-grows on its own. Treatment can help the hair re-grow more quickly. A dermatologist may prescribe one or more of the following to help the hair re-grow more quickly:
- Minoxidil: A hair re-growth medicine, minoxidil 5%, may help some patients re-grow their hair.
- Anthralin: This medicine alters the skin’s immune function.