Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Soni NaveenYour feedback matters!
I am suffering with nightmares and can't sleep in the night due to this nightmare so I want to get rid of this nightmares and I don't want them to come again.
Dear doc. I masturbate once in two days and now I wm feelings bad as my eyes got days and feeling blind like and I don't were the feeling come from. I am on internet and suddenly I finished my work and want to see some porn videos and masturbate. Later I realise I feel exhausted. Please help me come out of my masturbating habit.
Dear all Doctors , Please advice me on following question. 1. My wife is pregnant since 3 month and still blooding I consulted a Doctor regarding this problem she given some medicine but still its not stopping what should I do right now 2. When I suffered from cold (sardi, jukam ) cough not coming out from my nose It should be come out after three four days and generally while spitting its coming out what is the reason 3.How I can Grow up a child height what supplement should provide to child so his height can grow up up to 6 feet after 18 age.
I have fungus pimple on the top of my penis. Underwear n all stuff touch it then I feel so much. Pain. Tell whats the solution.
I am feeling sleepy all the time and tired. And pain in hand and leg I can't sleep properly at night please sugest me what happen? And its cure?
Hiii doctor im a urine infection patient but in testing report there is no infections. Many times my urine burn heavily how can I recove from this disease and which medicine I will use.
Varicose veins are enlarged and gnarly veins and they commonly appear in the feet and legs. They occur when veins get filled with blood and they are often red or bluish purple in color.
The main cause of varicose veins is the when the vein dysfunctions. Veins have valves in them that are supposed to keep the blood flowing forward, but if they fail to do so, blood in the vein starts to collect rather than continue towards the heart. Since the legs are furthest from the heart, varicose veins mostly affect the legs. Gravity, too, is a contributing factor as it makes it hard for the blood to flow up the vein.
Out of all the treatments available for varicose veins, sclerotherapy is the most effective.
What is sclerotherapy:
Sclerotherapy is a form of injection therapy that is designed to improve the way the varicose veins appear on your legs.
The Procedure: During the procedure, a solution called sclerosant is injected in the veins that scars and destroys the vein's internal lining which causes the blood to clot. After the solution is injected, pressure over the veins is applied to prevent the return of the blood as you stand up. Compression stockings are worn for maintaining the pressure.
After the Procedure: There is no prolonged recovery time for sclerotherapy. You can move around immediately after the procedure, but do not strain yourself too much. However, bed rest is not recommended as it might stress the vein. You probably have to keep wearing the compression stockings for a few days more.
Reasons for Choosing Sclerotherapy:
Sclerotherapy is best for treating the following problems-
- Small veins and spider veins that do not cause severe damages
- Smaller varicose veins that might return even after vein stripping surgery (the surgical removal of the superficial saphenous vein with minimal incisions to treat varicose veins).
- Larger varicose veins
- Follow up to any other surgery to treat varicose veins
Sclerotherapy, like any other treatment, has certain risks. The risks include-
- Skin discoloration
- The varicose veins can still return after the treatment
- Bruising, itching, blistering and pain in the treated area
- Mild or severe allergic reaction to the solution (sclerosant) used
- Blood clots in the deep vein system. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
I have suffering from acute gastritis since 2006 what is the root cause n how much time will it take to get cured?
Flax seeds are one of the world’s oldest super foods. They can improve your skin and hair health, keep your heart healthy, fight cancer, lower cholesterol and help you lose weight. Yet, they hardly look impressive. Small and brown with no smell, nobody can guess that they are such reservoirs of nutrients invaluable for our health and well-being.
- Flax seeds are the richest sources of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids in the world!
- They are the number one source of lignans in our diets.
- They are also storehouses of minerals like manganese, magnesium as well as fibre, protein and vitamin B1.
Health benefits of flax seeds
- Heart healthy: Omega-3 essential fatty acids are known as 'good' fats that have been shown to have a number of heart healthy effects. Flax seeds can naturally reduce cholesterol levels. This happens because the high fibre content in flax traps cholesterol in the digestive tract so it doesn’t get absorbed. They also prevent hardening of arteries due to deposition of plaque and treat heart arrhythmias.
- Super digestive aids: Fibre in flax seeds helps delay the passage of food through the GI tract. This increases nutrient absorption in the small intestine. Fibre also supports colon detoxification, fat loss and reduces sugar cravings.
- Natural hormones: Lignans are very important plant hormones as well as antioxidants. The lignans in flax have estrogenic properties. After menopause, estrogen levels in women drop to abysmal levels. Use of flax seeds can shore–up estrogen levels and provide protection for bones, heart and other organs. These provide benefits like anti-ageing, hormone balancing and health of body cells. Studies also show that flax can reduce hot flashes experienced during menopause by half. Lignans are also known for their anti-viral and antibacterial properties,
- Flaxseeds are Gluten-free: Most grains we consume are gluten rich like wheat. Flax, on the other hand, is low in gluten. This means that flax is anti- inflammatory and reduces inflammation in any part of our bodies. People suffering from celiac disease and auto-immune diseases can thus include flax in their diet without a problem.
- Most Magnesium-rich food in the world: Magnesium helps in keeping our muscles healthy and its deficiency is the biggest reason for sore muscles, fatigue and cramps.
- Cancer fighter extraordinaire: In animal studies, the plant Omega-3 fatty acid found in flaxseed, called ALA, has been shown to inhibit tumour incidence and growth. Flax seeds is also very effective against breast cancer.
Flaxseed is by no means a magic bullet against every disease known to man, but it comes close to being one. If you are thinking of reaping its benefits, use flax seeds as much possible and add them in your curries, soups, smoothies or just roast and eat to experience the flax miracle.