Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Speech Therapists in India. You will find Speech Therapists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Speech Therapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Ravindar Varakala
Submit a review for Mr. Ravindar VarakalaYour feedback matters!
Hi, I want to ask that is there any pills or drugs treatment for stammering. My brother try many suggestion but he has no change in stammering. Please suggest some. Thanks.
Hi I'm 16 . . In My Previous Years I Should Sing Loudly And I Used To Love That . . . But Now In The Last Two Years My Voice Has Been Cracked Matlab Ki Aawaaz Ka Phattna .please Suggest me any Simple Remedies So That I Can Get My Voice Back To Normal .
Hello ma'am/sir my question is that I have a speech problem due to which I am not able to spell some word correctly, please advice me some steps so that I can improve my this problem as soon as possible, I am 20 year old male person. Please tell me some remedial steps ti improve my speech problem.
1 yr. Ago, I had a very soft voice because of which most of the times people think that it's a girl on a phone although I am a boy. So, I strained my voice by Hardening it, Because of which my voice is very harsh & broken now. And I keep stuttering when I sing a song specially a rap song which was not at all a issue for me at that time. So, I just wanna know how can I improve my voice quality and Speak fluently, clearly and fast.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lycopodium (club moss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.