Find numerous Cardiologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somshankar
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. SomshankarYour feedback matters!
I am 69 years old male. My bp as on 15/4/15 130/80 and glucose fasting is 80 and pp is 132. Hb1ac average blood glucose 108. Creatinine is 1.6. Whether my health is ok.
My grandfather have around 95%blockages. Their age is around 70+ should they go with angioplasty or bypass surgery thank you please reply as early as possible.
I have a high blood pressure. My doc has advised me to take amlokind at and I am taking it. Now my blood pressure 128/95. I need a advice that should I continue with tablets or can I stop. And what all precautions should I take.
Sir/madem main ye jana chahati hu ki mere garbhavata ko 39 hafte aur 3 din huye hai aur mera 150/90 aa raha hai aur 9 din pahale 140/85 aa rahatha aur urin test kiya to usme albumin ki matra ++ aayee hai aur doctor ne mujhe blood pressur ki goli di hai labetalol hydrochlorid 100 mg tablet di hai 2 time khane ke liye to please muje bataye ki meri delivery normel hogi ya is sthiti me koi comlication ho sakta hai kripaya mujhe bataye.
I am suffering from severe gastric problem. My throat is burning and pain in the chest and suffocation. Please help.
Hello sir, my mom is suffering from high cholesterol and also lacking of vitamin d so tell what we have do to recover.
I have cough congestion and chest pain since last 3 days. Kindly suggest me home remedy and tablets.
I hav problem like something is crawling under skin and hav little with pain some time in heart. What type of disease I hav and to which doctor I hav to take appointment to cure.
I am feeling pain on the muscles on the right side of my chest. What could be the possible cause for it?
I sometimes get a pointed pain in the upper chest slightly to the left . Stress echogram suggested by a Sr Dr at Artemis 3 years back was all fine. Complete heart health checkup at Vedanta 6 months back was all fine like wall thickness good, cavities good, muscle movements good etc etc. I'm a 64 year Male retired with slightly sedentary habits. But I've generally avoided medication since 1993 & am healthy otherwise, in the sense No Diabetes, No BP, No cholesterol No stress etc. Pl suggest possible cause or this "sometimes" chest pain.
Hi, My age is 23. I am perfectly alright. Recently I have gone through a body checkup. And in the report the LDL value is very high. It is 292. Where the undesirable value is >240. Then after a week I have Shaun gone through the lipid profile test in different diagnostic centre LDL cholesterol is 156 mg/DL (in report mentioned normal upto 100 mg/DL) My Question's 1. What is my health condition. Is it in dangerous condition? 2. How to decrease it naturally. 3. To which specialist doctor do I need to consult. 4. Is this condition normal for many people or it happens rarely. Note: I am slim person. Recently got little fat. Not very much fat.
Your heart gives you warning signs before the onset of a major problem. You may not even know that you are at risk of one or more heart diseases if you fail to notice these small signs that your heart sends out. Even a minor symptom, like chest pain, can indicate that your heart may be in trouble. While there could be many causal factors for a heart condition, here some symptoms, which are possible indications of a heart disease and should not be ignored in any case.
1. Chest pain or discomfort - This symptom is the most common one, which indicates that your heart is not healthy. It usually comes in the form of a pain, pressure or tightness in the chest and may happen due to a blocked artery. This may be an early warning sign of a heart attack and you should seek professional advice before it turns into a major problem.
2. Excessive sweating - If you often sweat without any valid reason, it might be a sign to be concerned for. The sweating experienced will feel more like the one that arises due to stress rather than common perspiration experienced due to any vigorous physical activity.
3. Difficulty in breathing - Shortness of breath is an indication that you are at high risk of getting a heart attack. The symptom includes having difficulty in breathing and feels similar to the panting experienced after a long run.
4. Nausea and frequent stomach problems - If you experience nausea, heartburn, indigestion or abdominal pain frequently, it may be the result of an unhealthy heart. Of course, these signs may be due to other diseases as well, but if you experience any of the other symptoms of heart problems too, it's highly probable that your heart is in trouble.
5. Exhaustion - If you fall into the high-risk zone of being a potential heart patient, you may feel exhausted after doing some simple chores, which didn't tire you earlier. Common examples may be climbing the stairs or carrying something from your doorstep inside the house to name a few.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!