Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SomsekharYour feedback matters!
I'm 28 years old, mother of a 3 yr old and having knee pain and irregular period like once in 3 months, i'm trying to conceive, pleas help
I am 25 years old and I'm married. I have knee pain when I fold my leg even I can't pray by kneel down.
Hey :) I had same disease couple o years back and I had pain in legs, feet,throat kaput. M gonna take medrol, azee, ebast, ok! :D cheers! it was prescribed by a doc.
I am 18 year old mate I am suffering from knee pain from last 1 year and cold and cough from 6 months so what should I do.
I am a 20 years old male and I have a problem of right knee pain during sitting time in chair. What is the problem and it's solution?
I am suffering from gout pain. My uric acid levels never got up more than 6. But sometimes acute pains harasses me. Only both ankles get pain. I regularly take zyloric 100 mg one a day.
I am suffering from knee pain, when I get up from bed it hurts a lot for one mint after moving little then it's hurt less please clarify the same.
I am female, 55 years old. I have severe pain in my left toe for the last six months and of late I started having pain in the knee of the same leg and I find it difficult to walk. Am I suffering from gout? kindly advice me any medicine and other precautions to take as prevention. Thank you.
I had a knee injury 5 years before but again its start paining if I am sitting or giving stress on my knee please suggest.
I am 42 yrs old and have a both sides leg pain mainly tibia bone since last 8 yrs. Due to this pain, its associated muscles below gastrocnemius muscles are continuously getting pain. I was referred to higher center for the treatment. As treatment, I had taken continuously medicines for two months tendofit, nurokind-lc, d3v, vitcofol, nexpro and 1 calcium tab. But I didn't get relief. I am getting harrashed due to this severe pain. Please do the needful treatment.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health. Both influence each other. Insomnia, a common sleeping disorder, is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression, and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.