Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
My mother is having pain in knees n joints. From last 2 years medicine are being given to her as prescribed from the doctor. Now some one told me its due to lack of calcium. Give her some amway product. Should I give her or not? And yes then what should I give her.
I am 20 years old I am having a serious pain in my knee from last 2 weeks what should I do please help me.
I have a got hurt on my left leg knee two years before and got ayurvedictreatment it got cured but now its more painful when I bend my leg. Is this problem serious. Please help.
I am 34 years with 120 kgs weight. I have bp and osteo arthritis problem. I am very much weak now that I am unable to do my teaching job. Suggest me treatment for reducing weight and my other problems.
My right side knee joint pain while after standing in toilet. After 3 or 4 step I feel relax. What should I do?
I am 30 years old my knee are voice in the walking time and some time seating then one knee are very painful.
Is there a prescription for worn out cartilage of knee? I am 79 years old and have a pain in my left knee. I have been taking Conchiolinum and Apis Mel which have reduced water retention. Please advise.
Hi sir I want to ask that I am suffering from both knee and in my both knee I feel like a pain and my both knee is not straight and you have seen to many doctors what should I do.
This query is for my wife who is 55 years old, weighting 77 kg and having height of 5.5 feet. She has problem with her knees. We are residing at 3rd floor and it becomes very difficult for her to ascend or descend stairs. Even otherwise if she stands for some time, her legs becomes stiff and starts swelling. She can;t even fold her legs and there is pain while walking. Her sugar level, BP, Cholesterol level, uric acid, RH factor are OK. She is taking Calcium (Cadila Pouch) and B complex daily. Please advise.
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however, the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per Ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some Ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain. Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time.