Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SomsekharYour feedback matters!
Dear Sir, We are suffering muscle pain from Knee to Ankle along with bone. Please suggest us what we can do to get the pain relief.
I am facing knee pain since last 10 months. MRI report shows ACL sprain in my left knee. please suggest me any Ayurvedic treatment.
I am 52 years old. I am a contractor and buy with my construction work. Unfortunately from last 1 year I am suffering from osteoarthritis. I am having pain below my right knee. I can't walk for long distances because I get pain below my knee. Six months before I started to take parijata devotion daily in the morning for 45 days. After that the pain reduced to some extent but not completely. Kindly advise what I have to do to get rid of the pain completely. Thank you.
Pain in the joints continues to bug mankind till this very day. There are different types of joint pains, which might occur all of a sudden, with no signs of receding. The most common of them all are arthritis, tennis elbow, frozen shoulder, back pain and repetitive muscular strain. These joint pains are sometimes impossible to diagnose properly by the regular modes of diagnosis. In those cases, resorting to the homeopathic mode of medication might be a good idea as it is a medication based on treating the actual cause of the disease and sustained use might result in complete remission of the pain.
Some commonly used homeopathic medications for pain in the joints are as follows:
- Rhus Tox: This is the most commonly used in homeopathic preparation for severe joint pains, the symptoms of which include severe pain after relaxation, pain triggered by slightly wet weather and pain after walking or running for a long time.
- Arnica Montana: When the symptoms are pain in every joint of the body resulting in body aches and pertaining injuries due to accidents, Arnica Montana serves as the perfect medication.
- Actea Spicata: This medicine is primarily used as a remedy for pains in the small joints of the hands. The symptoms for which the medication can be implemented are rheumatoid arthritis in the joints of the finger and swollen wrists after usage of the hand.
- Colchium: This medicine can be used in case of Rheumatoid Arthritis (inflammatory and chronic form of arthritis).
- Bryonia Alba: This medication can work wonders if the symptoms include severe pain in the knee joints while walking, severe swollen joints and osteoarthritis (affects the flexible tissues present at the bone ends).
However, it is always advisable to take medication as prescribed by your doctor, as the potency and frequency can only be decided by your doctor.
I got an injury in my leg a few days ago. After that I can not walk properly. The injury was in the ankle, but why am I having pain in the knee nowadays? Please say .
Hi, I am facing knee pain in my left leg since last two months. I am regular runner. MY MRI report has following findings. Please advise. Subtle increase signal in peroneus longs muscle near fibular head suggests grade I strain. Minimal edema is seen in the Hoffa's fat pad, poster-superiorly.
I am male of 62, I am having severe pain in both the knee joints(osteoarthritis). I am using Orecerine- GM. My uric acid is 8. 5 and using medicine Febucip 40. Please advise a good medicine that I should take ?
My grandmother (83 years) is having pain around the knee area which is moving downwards. Because of this she is feeling the pain in her entire leg. This is happening in the left leg. The severity of pain increases when she lies down, but reduces when she walks or sits. Is this because of some nerve problem? Have tried cold and water water massage too but there is no improvement. She has been operated on right leg for the hip fracture and her movement is with the help of stick support. This pain has started since last 3-4 days. Due to this she is unable to sleep and is impacting her overall health.
Knee injury prevention tips:
4 tips to minimize long-term knee damage and heal faster
- Correct muscular imbalance: Most overuse injuries of the knee develop gradually due to muscular imbalances and poor movement patterns. Your physiotherapist can show you corrective exercises to address the muscle imbalances and improve the way you move.
- Strengthen your hips: Strengthening your hips and improving core muscle strength will reduce the risk of adversely loading your knee joints. Stretching the muscles that attach into your hips/knees/ankles will also minimize compression of these joints. Your physiotherapist can show you how.
- Protect your joints: If you have any degenerative changes in your knees (e. G. Osteoarthritis) your physiotherapist can show you how to protect your joints during activities of daily living, prescribe exercises to improve the strength of supporting muscles, advise you on safe forms of exercise, and assess your footwear.
- Correct movement patterns: Poor movement patterns during sports (e. G. Incorrect landings during jumping) greatly increase the risk of traumatic knee injuries. Your physiotherapist can teach you how to move properly and minimize this risk.