Find numerous Rheumatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SomsekharYour feedback matters!
I have severe pain on back side of knee and I can see visible nerves red in colour. I am unable to walk and my pulse rate is above 110. Due to pain in leg I hv pain in lower back, buttocks and thigh. I feel weakness in knee. Please suggest me what to do as I see lots of red nerves behind my knee and it's very painful.
I am 64 years male with psvt for 6 years I weigh 106 kg with left knee problem. Please advise precautions to be taken. Medicine for psvt delzam sr90 metxl25 telma 20 and ecosprinav75.
I am of the age 69 years & I faces with osteoarthritis. LOWER BACK PAIN, I am USING A CREAM BLUE EMMO made in USA. please advice. I am diabetes patient, but that is under control.
I am 60 yrs male. I am having pain in right knee. Xray shows little less gap in middle and left side as compared to right side. What kind of medication and / or exercise will help.
I have osteo arthritis from last 3 years and I am an active badminton player should I keep on playing or stop playing?
I am 32 male suffering from plantar fasciitis since 2 years. I am not diabetic. RA and blood uric acid tests are normal. Kindly give advice for this problem. Suggest homoeo medicine.
Sir, I am Sasidhar, 42 years old. I have knee problem from past one week, its become tight, hard to fold. I cannot sit on hips. Please suggest me. Thank you sir Sasi.
I am 37 years old. Having right hand shoulder pain often. I feel its spreading towards backside and also to my hand knee. Feel uncomfortable.
Arthritis is a disquietingly painful condition that causes inflammation and stiffness in the joints. Arthritis usually occurs due to the wear and tear of cartilages and ligaments with the onset of age, but recent studies have concluded that many foods present in our daily diet may actually trigger or aggravate symptoms of the condition. Yet also there are some superfoods that help combat and prevent arthritis. Avoiding the former and including the latter in your meals can reap surprising benefits.
Some of these ailing superfoods for arthritis are:
- Leafy greens: Green, leafy vegetables like spinach, broccoli, cabbage and lettuce have a high content of antioxidants, calcium and magnesium which help in neutralizing the negative charges in the body. In case of arthritis, it prevents the further progression of the disease. 5 servings of steamed vegetables per day can work wonders for your joint pain.
- Fishes: Fish, especially oily fish goes a long way in reducing joint pain and stiffness. They are highly rich in Omega-3 fatty acids which contain anti - inflammatory properties. 2 to 4 portions of oily fish per week can have an impact on you for many years to come.
- Olive oil: Olive oil contains mono - saturated fats and antioxidants, which have anti - inflammatory properties. Increase in the intake of olive oil can reduce risks of rheumatoid arthritis and prevent associated conditions. It can be used as both raw oil in preparing salads and also as cooking oil.
- Apples: An apple a day keeps the doctor away. As true as it may be, among many other nutrients, apples are a rich source of antioxidants and magnesium which are beneficial for the bones. A daily intake of 100g of apples eaten as a sole snack, or mixed with salads would in the long run prevent the risks of arthritis.
- Onions: Onions apart from fostering good digestion is also loaded with quercetin which is a bioflavonoid antioxidant that suppresses inflammation. It effectively removes the free radicals within arthritis joints and also reduces the release of protein- destroying enzymes. It can be consumed raw, can be served as a sauce and can also be used for cooking.Arthritis is a disquietingly painful condition that causes inflammation and stiffness in the joints.
Arthritis usually occurs due to the wear and tear of cartilages and ligaments with the onset of age, but recent studies have concluded that many foods present in our daily diet may actually trigger or aggravate symptoms of the condition. Yet also there are some superfoods that help combat and prevent arthritis. Avoiding the former and including the latter in your meals can reap surprising benefits. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Honey - 1 part
Warm water - 2 parts
Cinnamon powder - 1 teaspoon
Mix the above to a smooth mixture.
Apply it over the knees and the pain will fade off within minutes.