Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can view profiles of all Pediatricians online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somi Solomon
Treatment of Lactation problems
Management of Restless Child Disorder
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Treatment of Neurofibromatosis
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Submit a review for Dr. Somi SolomonYour feedback matters!
The baby is 4 months old and drinks very less milk, during feeding she drinks for only 2-3 minutes and after that for many hours she doesn't drink. Just keep on licking her finger the whole day. And doesn't feel hungry.
My nephew is 4 year old, since one month he is suffering tonsillitis, few days ago doctor said the his adenoids are enlarged and surgery is needed. Today we have seen white patches in both tonsils, what it can be, is there something serious. What should we do?
Praise your child for not sucking.
Children often suck their thumbs when feeling insecure or needing comfort. Focus on correcting the cause of the anxiety and provide comfort to your child.
For an older child, involve him or her in choosing the method of stopping.
Your dentist can offer encouragement to your child and explain what could happen to their teeth if they do not stop sucking.
Mera son 6+ hai unko ehsaase kamtari hai aur wo jo bhi yaad karta hai seconds me bhool jata hai please kuch suggestions dijiye.
I'm 14 years old and I was at a volleyball training yesterday and we did a lot of fitness and body workouts and we were dehydrated and I started to see black and green noise in my vision and it spread more by time and I felt heavy and my ears began to not hear properly with a whistle kind of noise and I felt like vomiting and fainting but it was gone after 2-5 minutes, I feel like it is a mini-stroke but I wanted a clear answer from an expert, also my identical twin experienced that too at the same time. Note: it happened to me before too from 2 years in my karate training.
For the last one month my 5 years old daughter has been complaining of stomach ache but nothing serious or acute. Buy last 3 days she is having fever and refusing to eat. Though fever has reduced today but she is not eating and complaining of stomach ache n legs pain. Doctor has advised to give drotin ds suspension if she had acute pain in stomach but she says it not too much but refuses to eat or drink as she says her stomach pain. Should I giv the medicine. Pls help. She is restless for 3 nights. Crying and waking up.
Sports injuries are very common in children because in this age they are most likely to involve themselves in a lot of outdoor activities. A sports injury can be minor cuts and bruises or can be a major fracture or broken bones. The bones of children are more porous than children, therefore injuries can happen more easily. Dehydration, not wearing proper sports equipment and not warming up before makes a child more vulnerable to a sports injury.
The common types of sports injury in children are as follows:
- Contusion- It is a portion of tissue or skin in which blood capillaries have been damaged. The effects may vary from a hematoma to compartment syndrome.
- Lacerations- A laceration is a deeply cut wound, that is, a tear in the skin or flesh. In case of a laceration try to wash the wound as soon as possible.
- Sprains- A sprain is a stretch or a tear in the ligament. A ligament is a fibrous tissue that joins the bones and joints. Bracing and proper rest can cure sprains. However severe cases may require surgery.
- Strain- The cure for a strain is similar to that of sprain. Rest, icing, compression and elevation are the initial steps to cure a strain. It mostly occurs in the muscles and myotendinous joints.
- Rotator cuff tendonitis- Repeating overhead activities or dislocation or contusion of the shoulder causes rotator cuff tendonitis. Shoulder pain that doesn't cease or pain that occurs when a person tries to do a certain overhead activity are the common symptoms.
- Thrower’s shoulder/elbow- When a child practices throwing, an excessive number of times they are likely to get thrower's shoulder or thrower’s elbow.
- Osgood Schlatter disease- This disease arises when a child is in their growth phase. Irritation and inflammation at the growth surface of the shin bone give rise to Osgood Schlatter disease. This can be cured by stretching and strengthening exercises.
- Jumper’s knee- When there is inflammation or irritation of the growth plate at the bottom of the patella. This disease is similar to Osgood Schlatter disease and usually observed in children in their growing phase.
- Shoulder dislocation- In this type of injury, the upper arm bone comes out of the shoulder socket. It is an extremely painful condition generally caused by an extremely hard collision.
- Patella dislocation- It is a kind of knee injury in which the patella or the kneecap comes out of its original position.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!