Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
What are the different symptoms of cancers? How does we cure it? List some more suggestions about it!
What are the symptoms of cancer that could be easily noticed? And what are the precautions to be taken for a cancer patient?
Ovarian cancer is a broad term used to describe cluster of different types of cancers occurring in a single organ i.e. ovary. It can occur at any age- from infancy till old age , even though ovarian carcinoma in younger/childhood comprises only 20% of all ovarian cancers. Majority of ovarian cancers are epithelial - arising from the covering from ovary or from the fallopian tube or the lining of the peritoneum of the abdominal cavity.
The Silent Killer:
Ovarian cancer is called a silent killer as majority of patients report any symptoms when the disease is in the advance stage. Hardly 2-3% of all ovarian cancers cause bleeding or hirsutism, thereby seeking prompt treatment. Majority of ovarian cancer occurs in peri/postmenopausal women which reflect change in interior milieu in terms of hormones.
Since the symptoms are non-specific, women tend to ignore them due to growing age/menopause. Also, mostly women normally don't consult physicians for such non-gynecological complaints, thereby further delaying the diagnosis. It is recommended that women remain involved in their overall health and keep themselves updated to report any abnormality immediately to a specialist.
The main symptoms associated with Ovarian Cancer are:
Bloating sensation especially after heavy meals.
Increasing abdominal girth (especially if no change in diet or if regularly exercising).
Increasing heaviness (fullness) in lower abdomen.
Persistent Gastritis, if previously absent.
Inability to eat proper meal.
Increased frequency of urination.
Further, if there is family history of breast/uterine/ovarian cancer in first and second degree relatives, this increases the risk of developing ovarian and breast cancer. Such females should remain vigilant for above-mentioned symptoms and should report promptly.
Sir, my mother have a lump in her Brest. We examine it and the result is fibro adenoma, sir is it became Brest cancer?
My Mother is 45 years old. She has Breast Cancer. Now she is under Chemotherapy. What will do to prevent from it in future.
What are the symptoms of cancer? And how can they get out of this problem is it a very dangerous disease whether there is a satisfactory treatment or not.
Hi I doctor I'm meraj can I know how cancer diseases can get cure what are its precaution and how can it help me.
Sir, I have a family history of cancer patients and so fear and want to be alert. Want to know what is the simplest and cheapest method / tests that can detect any budding problem in my body. Thanks.
I have cyst in both breast and it is painful . mammography done previous year . Radiologist says go for prolactin test . I took cabergoline and belong tablets from last 1 year. Getting relief during treatment of cabergoline . But what about cyst . How can it be removed . How long cabergoline should be taken . I have tested prolactin 3 to 4 times it level is below 5 now now. 15 days before menses breasts gets bulky with pain and it regularly increases and during menses it increase in size and increased pain. After menses breast relax and pain also decreases. Please help doctor. Abdominal and pelvic region increased now . Cabergoline helps in everything. Now how to cure it completely.
Hi My wife have ovarian cancer grade 3 c and spread in abdomen >operated well still chemo is pending ? please advice to have alternate medicine along with chemo
Hello I am sagar of 19 I usually smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes a day . I did smoking from past 2 months . All I want to know is I am feeling a little pain in my chest , in the middle of the chest . The pain is felt in the bone ,in the middle of the chest from where ribs starts. Please suggest me any measure or is that is any symptoms of any health related problem ! And another question is . Is there any risk of developing lungs cancer ? And also tell me the exercise to neglect the effects of smoking without giving it up. thanks Sagar Srivastav.
I am 20 years old girl, suffering from leukemia is there any cure/ treatment/ medicine for improving my health?
Hi, I am planning to study in Australia in few more months, but, according to reports. Australia has the highest chances of getting skin cancer due to UV rays, what are the precautions 1 can take to be safe from skin cancer & what are the symptoms of skin cancer?
I am 30 years male, I would like to ask about my aunt who is suffering from colon cancer is there any way cure this diseases without operation.
Breast cancer is one of the most feared diagnoses in women. When cancerous cells develop in a woman's breast, irregular lumps, changes in the shape or size of the breast and discharge of blood from the nipples may be experienced. There are lots of preventive measures that you can take to avoid breast cancer. It is important to live a healthy life with as less exposure to toxins as possible. Here are some tips and strategies that can lower your risk of breast cancer
- Plant based diet - Studies have shown that a high plant based diet, full of vegetables and fruits, is packed with antioxidants, minerals, and nutrients that lower the risk of breast cancer. Eat light, and avoid refined sugar and processed meat. Try to construct a healthy Mediterranean diet plan rich in olive oil and nuts.
- Maintain an appropriate weight - Do not gain extra weight as obesity and excessive weight gain are related to breast cancer. Cut down on fat and exercise regularly to lead an active life.
- Breastfeeding - If you are a new mom, breastfeed your baby as it has numerous health benefits for both you and your child, including lowering the chances of breast cancer in the mother.
- Sleep - It is important to get 8 hours of sleep every night to live a healthy life. Many studies have shown that a short duration of sleep and exposure to light at night that disrupts the circadian rhythm increases the risk of breast cancer.
- Avoid tobacco and alcohol - Do not smoke as it increases the chances of cancer in other organs and also leads to toxin inclusion in the body. Also, be sure to drink in moderation as excess alcohol consumption is cancer causing offender.
- Artificial hormones - Women during menopause often resort to hormone replacement therapy, and the extended use of this therapy can heighten the risk of breast cancer. Therefore, it is recommended to look for other options to smoothen your transition to the menopausal phase.
Related Tip: Homeopathic treatments for cancer