Find numerous Oncologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Oncologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. SomashekharYour feedback matters!
My mother is suffering from esophagus cancer locally advanced. Three cycles of chemotherapy given. As cancer is not spread I want to know can radiation help her and if yes then how quickly we should give them?
M suffering frm cancer. Is chemotherapy effective for cancer treatment. And what r d side effect of chemo. please help.
I am having Enlarged Prostate since last 15 years. At present my Doctor has prescribed Sildura 8 Medicine. I want to know as whether, is there any other better Medicine for Enlarged Prostate ?
What is cancer? How can anyone avoid it? What are precautions have to be taken? Refer few doctor in Delhi and Mumbai?
Want to know the symptoms of breast cancer my age is 37 have 2 kids one is 8 years & second one 1 years still feeding.
I am 59. Taking 750ml lukewarm water along with lemon juice and a tablespoon of honey early in the morning regularly. Is it alright at this age even in summer days? Furthermore, I have long been suffering from prostatic for last about 4-5 years. For the last one month, according to the advice of a good Doctor of Ayurveda, I have been taking (1) Himplasia-2tabs-twice daily, (2) Kachnar guggulu-3tabs-twice daily and (3) Guksharadi guggulu-3tabs-twice daily and feeling unique benefits so far. Are these Ayurvedic medicines dependable to be totally cured of the prostatic? How long am I to continue with these medicines. Please suggest.
I am 43 year old woman. have swelling in my left armpit. It is painless. It is soft and tender I took a mammogram yesterday. In the result it is given as no abnormality detected. But in breast composition it is given as heterogeneouslydense which may obscure small masses. Is it breast cancer? i am having this swelling for the past two months. Please help me to know what is my problem.
My frnd is facing skin disease I think it is skin cancer can you please tell me the symptoms of skin cancer?
My wife age 40 yrs. Suffering from endometrial cancer 1b G3. Surgery and Radiation has been done. Now chemo is necessary or not.
Brain cancer is a disease of the brain in which cancer cells (malignant cells) arise in the brain tissue. Cancer cells grow to form a mass of cancer tissue (tumor) that interferes with brain functions such as muscle control, sensation, memory, and other normal body functions. Tumors composed of cancer cells are called malignant tumors, and those composed of mainly non-cancerous cells are called benign tumors. Cancer cells that develop from brain tissue are called primary brain tumors while tumors that spread from other body sites to the brain are termed metastatic or secondary brain tumors.
Brain cancer is actually the abnormal growth and uncontrolled growth of the cancer cells in the brain that forms a tumor in the brain.Tumours can be either benign or malignant.
Benign brain tumours are abnormal collections of cells that reproduce slowly and usually remain separate from the surrounding normal brain.
Malignant tumours reproduce and grow quickly. Their borders are hard to distinguish from the normal brain around them.
There are few early symptoms of brain cancer, but as the tumour grows within the confines of the skull, it causes increased intracranial pressure and exerts pressure on the brain, causing signs to develop.
Brain cancer symptoms and signs are varied and depend on the area of the brain involved, but can include:
Nausea and vomiting, which, CANSA reports, may be worse in the morning or after a sudden position change.
Difficulty walking or clumsiness.
Changes in alertness.
Brain cancer occurs when there is an uncontrolled growth of cancer cells in the brain that form a malignant brain tumor. The underlying cause of primary brain cancer, cancer that begins in the brain, is not known. Secondary brain cancer is caused by a cancer of another organ in the body, such as the breast, prostate, kidney, skin, or bone, that has spread to the brain.
What are the risk factors for brain cancer?
Certain inherited conditions, including neurofibromatosis, Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome, Li-Fraumeni syndrome, and Turcot syndrome
Personal history of cancer or family history of brain cancer
Impaired immune system
Radiation therapy of the head
Surgery is the main form of treatment for brain tumors that lie within the membranes covering the brain or in parts of the brain that can be removed without damaging critical neurological functions. The goal is to remove the entire tumor, whenever possible, as a tumor may recur if any tumor cells are left behind. Radiation therapy and chemotherapy are generally used as secondary treatment for tumors that cannot be cured through surgery alone.
Stereotactic radiosurgery is a treatment option that delivers a high concentration of radiation directly to the tumor in order to stop its growth, while delivering only a minimal dose of radiation to the surrounding tissue. Unlike conventional surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery does not require making an incision to remove the tumor. It can be especially effective in patients with many small metastatic brain tumors. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am a cancer patient (breast, Stage II). I have completed all treatments for the last 2 1/2 years ago. Doctors operated by only partially (only affected area). The whole part are not remove. Cancer cells are again formed? Or not formed?
I was diagnosed with SLE in 1994. I am on omnacortil 10 mg. I have now been diagnosed with meniers disease and have vertigo. I have small cysts in my left breast and they bleed once in 10 days. I have a poor vision now and am dizzy. please help.
I am 18 years old and have very large & heavy breast. I feel very irritated sometimes and have to face many problems! Kindly help me!
My friend is an undescended testis old 32 adult man, he wish to marry a girl but how he can satisfied after marriage, if married his partner life is spoiled, please suggest, he fear about got cancer these undescended people after age of 30, now he was 32 years please suggest a solution,
Renal cancer is also known as hypernephroma, renal cell carcinoma (RCC), kidney cancer or renal adenocarcinoma. The kidneys are organs in your body that dispose off waste, while additionally regulating fluid balance. There are small tubes in the kidneys called tubules. These filter the blood, help in discharging waste, and make urine. RCC happens when cancer cells start to grow out of control in the lining of the tubules of the kidney. Renal cancer is a progressive disease that spreads to the lungs and the organs around it.
Medical experts do not know the exact cause behind renal cancer. It is most commonly found in men between the ages of 50 and 70. There are some risk factors and signs that indicate one’s possibility of having renal cancer and these are as follows:
- Family history of renal cancer
- Dialysis treatment
- Hypertension or high blood pressure
- Smoking cigarettes
- Polycystic kidney disease (a condition that causes cyst formation in the kidneys)
At a point when renal cancer is in its initial stages, patients might not see any symptoms. The symptoms are mainly seen in the later stages. Some of the most common symptoms are as follows:
- Blood in urine: Blood in urine is called hematuria. As indicated by the Renal Cancer Association, hematuria is the most widely recognized indication of kidney cancer. In case you have blood in your urine, you may see pink, rust or even a red staining.
- Lower back pain: The vast majority does not encounter pain until cancer is in later stages. Pain from renal cancer is felt on one side of the flank, the region over the pelvis, and beneath the ribs in the abdomen. This pain can go from a dull yearn to a sharp wound, frequently leaving the area blue. In case you have any sudden pain that continues for more than a couple of days, you need to see a specialist.
- A mass or lump: A mass or protuberance in the abdomen can be an indication of renal cancer. Kidney knots might be hard to feel since they are somewhere down in the abdomen. Once a bump is found, your specialist may arrange symptomatic tests such as an ultrasound or a CT scan. These tests may diagnose what your knot might be.
- Iron deficiency and fatigue: Weakness and a fall in your iron levels are the most common symptoms of any type of cancer. Cancer exhaustion is not quite the same as simply feeling tired.
- Weight reduction, loss of appetite and fever: Another normal side effect of cancer is sudden and startling weight reduction. This happens quickly without any excessive workouts or dieting. A person diagnosed with cancer can also face a loss of appetite. In fact, even their most loved food items can get to be unappealing. Frequent fever is yet another common symptoms among most cancer patients.
In case your specialist suspects that you may have renal cancer, they will take some information about your and family’s medical history. They will then do a physical exam. Discoveries that can show renal cancer include swelling or irregularities in the stomach area. In case of men, augmented veins in the scrotal sac (varicocele) may be found. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Nephrologist.
My fiance breast is paining badly when I press her breast at our time of intercourse is it a big problem or I need to consult a doctor we are having sex since last 5 months and from first she was not having the problem but after some time it started paining and at the time I cannot fondle because of the fear of her pain. Is it some of major disease kindly help so that I can help her with this.
How to avoid prostrate cancer and what are the major preventing steps to overcome from such disease.
I have extreme pain in my left side breast due to clots (ganth- in Hindi. What should I do, pls give a solution?
1. CARROT - beta carotene found in carrots are known to lower risk of breast cancer.
2. BROCCOLI - broccoli is great because of its sulforaphane content, this is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
3. CABBAGE - cabbage contains myrosinase enzymes and glucosinolates. This is a compound that fights off breast cancer cells.
4. TOMATO - The best antioxidants in tomatoes are lycopene. This will helps in preventing cancer.
5. GARLIC - garlic contains ajoene that is known to fight off breast cancer cells.
6. WALNUT - walnuts contains omega 3 fatty acids and can slow down or stop the growth of breast cancer cells and tumors.
7. PEACH - Antioxidants found in peach can destroy breast cancer cells.