Find numerous Psychiatrists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Somashekhar BijjalYour feedback matters!
I am 23 I smoke heavily now I can not even run 100m I want to quit smoking and also want to better way to get my lungs smoke free naturally and speedily please help.
Dear sir, My brother is about 28 year old and resides in Agra. His pronunciation in not clear. (भरी भरी आवाज़ हे |) he sounds high and unclear words. Sometimes he mixes the words,(means speaks with high speed / frequency). In childhood he suffered with thyroid. We have given him full treatment for that. What should we do to make his voice clear, sharp and like a normal person? Is there are any clinics or doctors in AGRA who help him in practice speaking? Please advice.
How to make him leave him drinking means he is 48 years and drinking daily. What's your advice? what should I do?
I am 30 years old men I have lost 6 kg weight in the two months, I feel like all fat I have been lost. I consult the dr, they said due to sever anxiety. I have gastric and diabetes, I have done all diseases like thyroid, hiv,all came normal, how can recover for this problem. please help me, daily I am thinking about this weight loss.
Hello doctor I am 20 year old man sir my memory is low and all body weakness and paining my body please help me.
There is a distinct relationship between sleeping disorders and your emotional health, both influence each other. Insomnia is a common sleeping disorder, which is generally caused due to stress and tension. Depression and anxiety also account for insomnia. It has been proven by research that people who experience sleeplessness or cases of insomnia are at a higher risk of depression and similar psychiatric disorders.
Insomnia is an important factor which causes depression and many people affected by it commit suicide. Researchers have found dysfunctional activity in the area of the brain where emotions are processed and regulated, among people with insomnia. Their study explains the mechanism by which insomnia affects and influences emotions in people, which leads to depression and other disorders.
The ways in which insomnia affects your emotions
- There is a clear difference in the brain activities of people with insomnia when compared with normal people who get good sleep. There is usually a great difference between the activities of the amygdala, which are neurons in the temporal lobe of the brain. The amygdala is very important in regulation and processing of emotions.
- Insomnia disrupts the ability of the brain to process negative emotions.
- Neural change and problems with regulating emotions are also caused because of insomnia.
- Insomnia disables the ability of judging or sensing any kind of emotion by looking at the face of a person. It is difficult to judge emotions such as anger and sadness in people suffering from insomnia. This impairment occurs more in women.
- Insomnia and similar sleeping disorders affect our inhibition and disrupt our impulse control mechanism. An insomniac person is likely to develop increased impulsiveness to negative stimulus.
- People suffering from insomnia develop a perception towards negative stuff and perceive most things in a negative way, rather than looking at the bright side which a normal person tends to do. People affected by insomnia are characterized by a negative mood and are pessimists in nature.
- A sleep deprived or insomniac patient shows greater activity around the limbic area of the brain. This is the area where major emotional regulation and processing are undertaken.
- A person suffering from insomnia develops a cranky personality. The patient is in an irritable mood and is triggered by the slightest and pettiest of circumstances. An insomniac patient is also characterized by swinging moods, high temper and general fatigue, which result due to lack of sleep.
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder which directly affects a person's emotions and the processing and regulation of emotions. There is a direct and important link between insomnia and emotional disorders. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Why does a test taker need to be reevaluated if a disability (such as a learning disability, ADHD or autism spectrum disorder) is lifelong?
I am 67 years old and was working after retirement also till a few months ago. Immediately after retirement I started feeling some sort of anxiety and depression for which I consulted a psychologist who suggested to do blood test and after that prescribed thyronorm50 tablet for sometime and some sleeping tablets since I was having sleep disturbance also at that time. Since there was no relief after 3 months ,I contacted him again and he referred me to a psychiatrist who prescribed Nitravet 10 and Symbal20 which I started taking and the things improved and as per the Doctors advice I withdrew it slowly. For next 6 months I was O.K but again started having the same symptoms. So I consulted the Doctor who advised me to start taking the medicine again which I did. This process is going on for the last 7 years and kindly advise me a permanent solution for withdrawing the medicines and live a normal life. I was having sleep disorders and I am continuing it for the last 7 years eventhough in between we stopped the other medicine except Thyronorm which is now increased to 75 mg after seeing the 6 monthly blood tests. Kindly advice.
I've a doubt that my father is suffering from schizophrenia. He's more self-centered then before. Got hyper, panic, and aggressive in any little argument.
I am a frequent chain smoker so I am not able to stop it too I ahve tried it but still not possible so after taking these medicines will it be helpful.
Hi my friend age is 22 year and he is suffering from bad thinking bad thoughts and he told me when he meet more people then his gas are started from his hole and when he is alone then he feel better and it also become his habit please doctor advice him any drug or medicine.
Hi! I feel very tired all day. I feel sleepy. While I am taking regular diet and all. Is there any possibility that I am depressed? Should I consult to a psychiatrist?
I am 20 yrs old and I have a problem of not remembering any thing. Pleas give me the details of proper diet to be taken to avoid my problem. Have to improve my thinking power. Please suggest me.
Know your strengths and weaknesses.
Accept compliments and compliment yourself.
Use criticism as a learning experience.
Try to stay generally cheerful and have a positive outlook on life.