Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Somashekara Reddy K SYour feedback matters!
Sir 2 months before I consulted with doctor (MD General Medicine) for vitamin D deficiency which was "14 ng/ml" He advised me DHUP tablets (60000 IU) 1 per week for 8 weeks. Now after completing above course I again get it checked and now the value is "90 ng/ml" Is it possible? Kindly guide. The range described by diagnostic is: Deficiency: less than 20 Insufficient: 20-29 Sufficient: 30-100 Toxicity: Greater than 100.
I was previously diagnosed as patient of blood sugar and was given Gluconorm SR 1000 and Gluconorm SR 500 in morning and evening. Then for two consecutive periods, my three months average sugar test shows the results at 5.9 and 5.8 both at three months interval. Now I discontinue the above medicines and my sugar levels are coming at from 110-120 fasting and 140-150 PP and 100-120 random. Please advise whether I should take any medicine or it may be controlled by exercise, diet and morning walk. In the morning, I daily brisk walk about 3.5 Kms. And do exercises for half an hour with pranayam.
I have no history of diabetes. Last year I had a kidney stone removed. I weigh 78 kgs. The infection on my scrotum has been there for more than a week also the skin infection on the shaft of the penis is more than a month. Awaiting a positive response from your end.
I am a diabetic patient for last 16 years and I have been under medical treatment with alopathic medicines and insulin. Would you recommend me to take Ayurvedic formulations (e. G. Baidyanath's MADHUMEHARI and those advertised in TV chhanels) available in market?
I'm 18 years old suffering from hypothyroidism ky immune system is not very strong my palm sweat alot I feel very cold I feel very weak at the end of day my joints pain alot I have very weak eyes my head pain alot I can't work continuously.
Hi I'm diabetic since 20 yrs, it is seems to be under control, please diagnose my main problem asper Doctors advice I have GEOGRAPHY CAL TONGUE it was from last 15 yrs, All home, allopathy, ayurved.
Sir i am 23 female. And i am having thyroid. I am doing exercise as jogging every morning. And also i am taking tablets every day 50mcg. And i am also eating some vegetables and carbohydrate foods. When i am going to recover from this thyroid? Please help me some suggestion with quick recover from this thyroid? Please help me.
Hlo sir. My qustn to you is that my mother has thyroid problem n surgical problem also. She feels very lazy n sleepy. She is a teacher n has to travel long distance 50 km per days. So please suggest some ways that she can recover from her ill ness.
Hi Doctors, One of my friend is suffering from diabetes. We consulted lot of doctors but no luck. Before fasting Sugar level is around 160 and after fasting its going around 300. Please suggest some remedies. 1) Can she take walnuts? 2) what and all can be done to control? Please advice.
26years marage Im 46 age Wife 42 age No child Iwant ask about (ivf-icsi &pgd )cost From me and my wife no donor And success rate Thanks
What is the cause for the thyroid. I am taking thyrox 75 daily I really want a baby what should I do for it. Is any thing which I have to be avoided. Kya thyroid patients ko baby conceiving nhi hoti h. Agr ho v gya to baby ko koi problem to nhi hoti h na.
Hello Doctor, I'm 25. My father has diabetes and his father had too. What should I do to avoid getting diabetes? Please advice.
It's normal to be concerned with your fertility after early miscarriage. Many couples want to try to conceive again right away, while others need time to heal. Ultimately, though, fertility following a miscarriage is an issue of concern for most couples.
Once you are ready to start trying for a child again, there are a number of things you can do to increase your chances of having a successful pregnancy.
- Rest and Recuperate- Many women want to hurry and start trying to get pregnant again right away after their miscarriage. This is a perfectly normal response, but may not be the best way to guarantee a healthy pregnancy. Give your body a chance to rest so your menstrual cycle can get back to normal. You also want to give yourself plenty of time for your mental balance to return so you are ready to take on the trials of trying to become pregnant. Be gentle and give yourself time to rest and focus on taking care of your physical and emotional needs until you are ready to try again.
- Change Lifestyle- Eliminating unhealthy habits can help increase your chances of conceiving later. Eliminate alcohol or drug use and quit smoking before you start trying for pregnancy. Cutting down or eliminating caffeine can also help you conceive a healthy pregnancy.
- Eliminate Stress- Eliminating stress can also make conceiving easier. Stress can reduce fertility levels, making it harder to get pregnant. Practicing meditation, yoga or taking time to relax after dealing with tough issues in your life can make it much easier to conceive.
- Eat Healthy- Eating a healthy diet is also essential to having a healthy pregnancy. This can also help women manage the depression caused by their miscarriage. Getting a variety of vitamins and minerals and cutting down on saturated fats and processed foods can help you get pregnant and maintain a healthy pregnancy.
- Take Fertility Drugs or Therapies- There are various fertility drugs and therapies on the market today. Your doctor will prescribe different medications based on your overall health and age.
- Use an Ovulation Predictor- An ovulation predictor can help you map out your cycle. This will allow you to determine which days in your cycle will be the most likely for you to conceive.
- Support the Uterus and Liver- Performing a fertility cleanse after your period has stopped can help support the uterus and liver, promoting overall fertility health. Sometimes stagnant blood can get left behind after your period which can cause discomfort or health issues. Following a fertility diet to help rid your body of the excess blood and hormones in your system can help your conceive more easily.
- Massage the Uterus- When you have stopped bleeding after your miscarriage, performing a uterus massage can help your body relax. This massage will help bring fresh blood to the area and soothe the body so you can relax.
If you have been having trouble conceiving it may be time to talk to a fertility expert. Your doctor can perform fertility tests on you and your partner to determine if there are any underlying issues present. Then you can work together to determine if any additional medical treatment is necessary to help you get pregnant.
1. Foods Belonging To Brassica Family
Consume Foods like cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, peanuts, cabbage, broccoli, kale, mustard greens, turnips, rutabagas, soybeans, spinach etc which contains goitrogens.
• Goitrogens helps to block the ability of thyroid to use iodine and hence slows down the activity of the thyroid.
• Eat raw cruciferous vegetables to get maximum benefit as goitrogens are active in the raw state.
2. Include More Berries
Add at least one serving of berries in your diet plan to control hyperthyroidism.
• Blueberries, raspberries, strawberries contain anti-oxidants which improves your immune system.
3. Omega -3- Fatty Acid And Proteins
Omega -3- fatty acid helps to control the hyper stimulated thyroid gland. Proteins are necessary for the building of muscles and to provide energy for the body. Protein sources also contain L-glutamine which helps in rebuilding the gut and de-inflaming the body.
• Eat cold water fish, flax seed oil and nuts to get the omega-3-fatty acid necessary for the body.
• Include soy, turkey, walnuts, salmon, tuna and trout in your hyperthyroidism diet.
4. Dairy Products
Hyperactivity of the thyroid gland can remove the calcium from your blood. The body compensates this loss by leaching calcium from the bones. This can cause osteoporosis.
• Include three servings of yoghurt, cheese, milk or cottage cheese in your daily diet.
5. Spinach And Collard Greens
If you are allergic to dairy products, you can get your daily supply of calcium from vegetable sources like spinach collard greens etc.
• Figs, prunes and sesame seeds are also excellent hyperthyroidism foods.
This is another vital component of hyperthyroidism diet. The hyperactive thyroid gland can deplete the zinc.
• Include almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, peanuts which are rich in Zinc in your diet.
7. Fiber Rich Foods And Anti Inflammatory Foods
Fiber rich foods are beneficial for the proper working of the thyroid gland. Anti inflammatory herbs help to reduce the inflammation of the thyroid which is the reason for hyperthyroidism.
• Include whole grain foods, like oatmeal, whole grain breads, brown rice etc in your food.
• The anti inflammatory herbs to be included in your diet are turmeric, ginger, rosemary, cinnamon and oregano.
8. Antioxidant Rich Foods And Vitamin D
It is also necessary to consume antioxidants and vitamin D rich foods in the diet. This will reduce the oxidative stress caused by hyperthyroidism. Vitamin D can reduce the inflammation and auto- immune reactions of the body.
• Avocados, olive oil broccoli etc contain antioxidants.
• Salmon is a good source of vitamin D. You can get your daily dose of vitamin D from eggs, mushrooms etc.
• Spend 20- 30 minutes in the sun to get the necessary vitamin D for the body.
9. Cassava, Sorghum, And Millet
These food items contain cyanogenic glucosides which blocks the iodine availability of the gland.
• These foods increase the immune function and gives protection from osteoporosis
10. Vitamin C And Vitamin E
These vitamins are helpful in reducing the oxidative stress caused by the hyperactivity of thyroid glands.
• All the citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C.
• Bell peppers, olive oil, wheat etc are a good source of vitamin E.
What is diabetic retinopathy, I am getting some different sensation on my left foot, this occurs after sitting on the floor and or after getting up from a chair. Is there is any exercise to minimize this effect or natural/Ayurveda remedies.
"While many women have no problem getting pregnant in their late 30s and even into their early 40s, a woman's fertility may start to decline as early as 32. So if you want to have kids, talk to your doctor about options, like freezing your eggs."
With sedentary lifestyle, refined and processed food habits, obesity and diabetes is the new age epidemic. India, in fact, is being termed as the diabetes capital of the world given the huge rise in the number of cases over the last couple of decades.
There are well established risk factors for diabetes and if these can be managed, then the chance of delaying onset, controlling progress and containing complications are highly possible. Read on to know how simple things can be effective in preventing and managing diabetes.
Weight control: Obesity is the most important risk factor for developing diabetes. A person with normal BMI is 20 to 40 times less likely to develop diabetes than an overweight person. Losing about 10% of the excess weight can help prevent diabetes by more than 50%. Check with your doctor what should be the ideal recommended weight for you and draw up a routine (diet, exercise, etc.) that will help you achieve and stay around that weight range.
Exercise: All methods of exercise help in moving the muscles, which is drastically reduced given our sedentary lifestyle. Moving the muscle (as much and as often as possible) ensures they absorb more glucose and reduce the stress on insulin production. Something as simple as brisk walking for 30 minutes is good enough to reduce the chances of developing diabetes by 50%.
Don’t be a couch potato: If watching television is your favourite pastime, it is time to change it. This puts people at risk of developing obesity, heart disease and diabetes. Also, watching television is usually associated with overeating, further adding to the risk of diabetes.
Fibrous foods: Eating fibrous fruits and vegetables as compared to refined and fried foods helps prevent diabetes.
Whole grains vs processed foods: When you have to choose between a pizza and a bowl of brown rice, go for the latter.
Good fats vs bad fats: Polyunsaturated fatty acids are found in vegetable oils, nuts, and seeds and help control diabetes. Trans fats present in margarine and baked foods are best avoided.
Non-vegetarian foods: If you have a choice, pick fish and poultry versus red meat (processed or otherwise). The fish is rich in Omega-3 fatty acids and helps control inflammation.
Leave the whites: Get off white rice, white refined sugar and white flours. Include brown rice, brown or demerara sugar and wheat flour instead.
Smoking: Quit smoking and you will note how beneficial it is in preventing diabetes.
Alcohol: Moderate amount helps in effective functioning of the insulin.
If you have a family history or have risk factors, follow the above to prevent diabetes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.