Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Somashekara Reddy K SYour feedback matters!
Patient AGE :- 51 YEARS, WEIGHT :- 140 KGS HEIGHT :- 5'4' DIABETIC TYPE 2 B.P & OBESITY PATIENT. He has allot of swelling in the left leg, below the knee. His left knee is weaned off (I mean 'haddi ghis gayi')feeling uncomfortable to walk. The two legs skin, stomach skin, shoulders & back has become dark thick black portions & some black spots here& there.
How can I control sugar legal 284. Any medicine? Or ayurvedic medicine? at now I walk every day 5km.
I am a suffering from diabetic from last 2 years and taking tab Vobose M twice a day. After physical activities and stop to take tab from last 1 week my BG is 85/135. Can I stop tab permanently.
Hello sir, my father is suffering from diabetes. He has lost weight, hands are trembling and can't be steady, don't talk usually, got fever in a weekly basis, doesn't want to take food. Please do suggest me what to do and which doctor or medication should I follow for him. He is in age of 65. Earlier in his past life, he was a drunker and smoker too, but he has abandoned all this now.
I have Thyroid from last 3 years & my weight is going up. M taking thyroid tab 100 power. Please help with proper Diet & please tell me the tablet which I am taking is effective or not? If not then help me with the permanent cure medicine & diet.
What is diabetic constipation and how can I treat it. I am diabetic from 2010 and I take metformin 500mg sr and glimepiride 2 mg with acarbose 25 mg twice a day before breakfast and dinner and from last six months my stool is more hard than normal.
Sir blood sugar test through lab is best or through accu check or onetouch is best because in lab last week shows 104/200 but today through onetouch meter shows 104/147 which is correct and accurate pls.
I am 40 years. I am suffer with sugar last 6 years, my fbs 125 ppbs145 I take glycomet gp1. Suggest me for my diet.
What is a full day balanced diet for a 50 year old male having type-2 sugar in control. Weight 62 height 5.5' please give me scientific diet plan.
What would be the best way to strictly control diabetes and what food should be followed for the diet? please advise.
I consume a small quantity of jaggery every day. Is it harmful for my health or is it is okay? Can it cause sugar problems?
I am 34 year, software engineer having diabetic type 2 for last 3 years. I have a question. Which bread is better for me, a brown bread or aata bread.
I am 18 and suddenly my small finger in my left hand has gone numb for about half an hour now, its a strange feeling. I have high blood sugar as well.
Hi. Recently my term policy declined as evaluating blood sugar fasting 213. Am recently married age 32. Will it be an end my life? And I can't lead a healthy life and safe !
Hello doctors. Can I take green tea two cups a day? Should I take 30 mins before n after eating nothing. Can green tea be taken by people having high BP, sugar,and gall stone? N please suggest me the right time for having green tea .n the way of having it. Thank you.
Respected Doctor, Health details for reference: Age: 78 years. 1) creatinine: 1.6 2) HBA1C: 9.5% (last Quarter) 3) fasting sugar: 159 (as on today) 4) post prandial: 281 (as on 25/12/2016) 5) lipid profile: Normal 6) calcification on the coronary arteries due to high calcium score. 7) Blood pressure: systolic - 141, Diastolic - 64.(as on today) 8) weight: 80.7 (earlier weight was constantly 82 since last many years), reduced in last two months suddenly) 9) CBC: Hypochromia 10) urine: pus cells 5 hpf 11) varicose veins: PVD 12) Haemoglobin: 10.7 Note: percentage of blockage cannot be ascertained through CT scan because of high calcification on coronary arteries. QUESTION: 1)Can homeopathy reverse and permanently cure kidney disorder. 2) can homeopathy treatment help in maintaining blood sugar level and other disease mentioned above if I switch from allopathy?
Can any source of insulin besides pancreas be developed inside human body? Or any other enzyme or juice to maintain sugar level?
In India 61 million people are victims of diabetes. Diabetes disease is related to metabolic, in which oxidation of carbohydrates and glucose is not fully detected. Diabetes mellitus is a chronic metabolic disorder in which the body fails to convert sugars, starches and other foods into energy. Many of the foods you eat are normally converted into a type of sugar called glucose during digestion. The bloodstream then carries glucose through the body. The hormone, insulin, then turns glucose into quick energy or is stored for futher use. In diabetic people, the body either does not make enough insulin or it cannot use the insulin correctly. This is why too much glucose builds up in the bloodstream.
The main reason is irregular meal, mental stress, lack of exercise. There are two major types of diabetes:
- This is popularly known as juvenile onset diabetes.
- Here, the body produces little or no insulin. It occurs most often in childhood or in the teens and could be inherited.
- People with this type of diabetes need daily injections of insulin. They must balance their daily intake of food and activities carefully with their insulin shots to stay alive.
- Also known as adult onset diabetes, this occurs around 35 to 40 years. The more common of the two types, it accounts for about 80 per cent of the diabetics.
- Here, though the pancreas produce adequate insulin, body cells show reduced sensitivity towards it.
- Type 2 diabetes is usually triggered by obesity. The best way to fight it is by weight loss, exercise and dietary control.
- Sometimes, oral medication or insulin injections are also needed.
- Extreme thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Sores or bruises that heal slowly
- Dry, itchy skin
- Unexplained weight loss
- Unusual tiredness or drowsiness
- Tingling or numbness in the hands or feetsymptoms of diabetes
The role of diet in diabetes
Meal of diabetic patient is depending on calories. Which decides on it s age, weight, gender, height, working etc. Depending on each person s different different dietary chart is created. We must take special care of time and amount of food in diabetes. Here we are giving diet chart for general diabetes patient.
Diabetes diet chart:
- Morning at 6: teaspoon fenugreek (methi) powder + water.
- Morning at 7: 1 cup sugar free tea + 1-2 mary biscuits.
- Morning at 8.30: 1 plate upma or oatmeal + half bowl sprouted grains + 100ml cream-free milk without sugar
- Morning at 10.30: 1 small fruit or 1 cup thin and sugar free buttermilk or lemon water
- Lunch at 1: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, 1 bowl yogurt, half cup soybean or cheese vegetable, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 4 pm: 1 cup tea without sugar + 1-2 less sugar biscuits or toast
- 6 pm: 1 cup soup
- 8.30 pm: 2 roti of mixed flour, 1 bowl rice, 1 bowl pulse, half bowl green vegetable, one plate salad
- 10.30 pm: take 1 cup cream free milk without sugar.
When you feel hungry intake raw vegetables, salad, black tea, soups, thin buttermilk, lemon water. Avoid it: molasses, sugar, honey, sweets, dry fruits. Foods you must avoid!
- Salt: salt is the greatest culprit for diabetics. You get enough salt from vegetables in inorganic form, so reduce the intake of inorganic salt.
- Sugar: sucrose, a table sugar, provides nothing but calories and carbohydrates. Also, you need calcium to digest sucrose. Insufficient sucrose intake might lead to calcium being leached off the bones. Substitute sucrose with natural sugar, like honey, jaggery (gur), etc.
- Fat: excessive fat intake is definitely not a good habit. Try and exclude fried items from your diet totally. But, remember, you must have a small quantity of oil to absorb fat-soluble vitamins, especially vitamin E.
- For non-vegetarians: Try and stop the intake of red meat completely. Try to go in for a vegetarian diet. If you cannot, decrease the consumption of eggs and poultry. You can, however, eat lean fish two to three times a week.
- Whole milk and products: Try to switch to low fat milk and its products like yogurt (curd). Replace high fat cheese with low fat cottage cheese.
- Tea and coffee: Do not have than two cups of the conventional tea or decaffeinated coffee every day. Try to switch to herbal teas.
- White flour and its products: Replace these with whole grains, wholewheat or soya breads and unpolished rice.
- Foods with a high glycemic index: Avoid white rice, potatoes, carrots, breads and banana -- they increase the blood-sugar levels.
Advice for diabetes patient:
- 35-40 minute faster walk every day.
- Diabetic person should eat food between times intervals like take breakfast in morning, lunch, some snakes and dinner.
- Avoid oily food.
- Intake more fiber foods in meals. It increases glucose level gradually in blood and keeps control.
- Do not take fast and also don t go much party.
- Diabetic person should eat food slowly.
- An obese middle aged or elderly patient with mild diabetes 1000 -1600 kcal.
- An elderly diabetic but not over weight 1400 -1800 kcal.
- A young active diabetic 1800 -3000 kcal.
- Daily intake of carbohydrate: 1/10th of total calories approximately 180gm.
- Daily intake of protein: 60gm to 110gm.
- Daily intake of fat: 50gm to 150gm.