Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Bangalore . View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somashekar. S. A
Submit a review for Dr. Somashekar. S. AYour feedback matters!
I have knee pain what should I do and what are the precautions. I have this since long and I am not getting relaxed by any Dr. Medicine.
I have an complete ACL tear on my left leg. Is it surgery is the way to go or else rehabilitation will be the best since just now I am 26 years old. Even I am not interested in surgery.
I have been taking one smallglass of warm water with half slice of medium size lemon and one full tea spoon of honey right in the morning. I have developed pain in knees, pain and edema in fees which are severely impeding my walking. There is pain in ankles also. Is this due to this drink?
Hi I am 37 yrs old. In early age while playing I got hurt into my left leg's knee and below area. I had used different types of oil, tablets but no result. I feel my leg tired 7 paining.
I am arthritis patient from last one year, and I want to plan baby so I just want to know is there any medicines that can be taken during pregnancy.
My name us manpreet Singh I have problem with my low knee pain when I was trying to run then pain is starting pls give me some solution.
I have recently getting pain in left knee inside it wen I get up from squatting position since 3 weeks ,no history of fall wat to do?
Hi, I'm 55 years female from kolkata. I'm a diabetic (take Glycomet GP1 FORTE (GLIMEPIRIDE 1 mg + METFORMIN 1000 mg) twice & 10 iu insulin overnight ,fasting 80, PP 254 measured yesterday) & pancreatic (taking Panlipase 25000 after food thrice every day for last 5 years) patient. For the last 1 year, I'm feeling pain in fingers of both hands and in shoulder joints. Pain is unbearable at times. In afternoon often we see middle fingers of the hands get deformed. Visited a doctor. And he told this is a rheumatic arthritis. He gave Wysolone 10 mg for 45 days followed by wysolone 5 mg for 30 days. HCQ (Hydroxychloroquine) 300 mg, ARAVA (Leflunomide) 20 mg, INJ. Folitrax 20 mg once on sundays. Folvite 5 mg mondays to saturdays. Wysolone is now completely stopped. When I take wysolone there is no pain in fingers. Here is the test reports at a glance, Uric Acid 3.69 (range 2.6-6.0), RF 7.15 (<14), CRP 3.02 (<5) vit D (25 oh D) 36.12 (30 -100. AntiCCP Anti Body 5.61 (<20). CBC, Haemoglobin 11.8 gm/dl (range 12.5 - 15.3), MCHC (Mean corpuscular Hemoglobin concentration) 32.9 (range 33.4-35.5),Total RBC 4.0 million cells/cu mm (range 4.5-5.1), lymphocytes 52% (range 20-40) basophil 00 (range 01-02), ESR 16 (range <30) SGPT 13.8 U/L (range <35, Lipase 32.5 U/L (range 30-300), CRP 1.20 (range <10), amylase 78.2 (range 30 -110) Test was done in SERUM, Kolkata in 15th june 2017. Many doctors are telling me that this is rheumatic arthritis, But after 6 months of taking medicines for the same pain the still there, only fingers does not get deformed in afternoon. Please tell me is the diagnosis is right? Am I on right treatment? Or there is any other problem? Is there any bad action for taking panlipase 25000 for last 5 years? One more question for RA CRP & RF should be positive, but for my case it is negative, so how can it be RA?
Sir meri sis 37 years ki hai. Uske dono knee mai nd dono pairo ki side ki bone mai pain hota hai. Medicine se pain band ho jata h and after sometime again it will start and usse chala bhi nahi jata. please suggest.
My aunty is 55 years of old and having a problem in leg knees. I consulted some doctors they prescribed for surgery. Is there any other solution. RegardsRohit keshri.
What are the symptoms of osteoarthritis in relation to the different affected areas?
An osteoarthritis is a form of arthritis which means unexpected inflammation of the joints/muscles, which is usually very painful. This form of arthritis is not curable, and the only thing that you can do is to take measures to reduce the painful effects of the condition. The symptoms of the medical condition often occur gradually and are chronic and long lasting in nature. Some of the body parts that get affected easily are:
- Hips- pain is felt in the groin area or buttocks at the hip joint.
- Fingers- bony growths at the edge of joints can cause fingers to become swollen, tender and red. There may be a pain at the base of the thumb.
- Knees- a 'grating' or 'scraping' sensation occurs when moving the knee.
- Feet- pain and tenderness are felt in the large joint at the base of the big toe. There may be swelling in ankles or toes.
Some of the most common symptoms which are more common to all body parts are as follows:
- Chronic pain - The arthritis related pain is very intense and chronic in nature, and it has an ever increasing trend if proper care is not taken. This pain can appear in any body joint of a person and it can cause visible inflammation or swelling in and around the muscles of that particular joint.
- Body stiffness - Another characteristic feature of this medical disorder is that there is stiffness in the normal movement of the joints and muscles. This symptom also results in a lack of flexibility of the concerned person.
- Inflammation and tenderness - Osteoarthritis is such a condition which is observable by the naked eye, as it shows signs like inflammation and tenderness. Inflammation can be noticed if a joint has a considerable amount of swelling.