Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Rheumatologists online in Bangalore . View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Somashekar. S. AYour feedback matters!
Hi, I am struggling with insomnia. I have worked in night shifts before. Last month I changed my job. From that moment, I am feeling depression. Anxiety. And other problems. How can I change my night life.
Sir, I have dryness on my knees and a very mild itching, when I used oil on it, itching gone for a day and then again the same from the next day. What to do?
Lack of appetite, loss of weight, taking only one meal a day, insomnia, pain in knees, noises in the head, lethargy, desire to sleep in the morning, extreme laziness in bed, impotence. Please advise.
My mri of left knee says there is diffuse patella femoral chondromalacia with full thickness cartilage loss over medial patellar facet and underlying articular irregularity my age is 44 years n I am female my knee hurt after I fell down from staircase I never had any problem before I n undergoing physio I want to know what is the proper line of treatment.
My right knee pains mildly only when I climb stairs. I jog, walk, long standing hours and run without any problem. I am 30years old male, should I be worried of the mild pain? If yes, any precautions I need to follow immediately to avoid bigger problems in future?
I'm suffering problem since 4 years of my left knee pain. After scan knew much & also fell like current type full my leg issue. I have all reports but No full cure. So please suggesting me.
She has a problem of knee joint pain since 2 years. Especially when there is a rain or takes bath with cold water. please help.
Which treatment - Ayurvedic or Homeopathy or Allopathy is considered to be the best giving permanent cure without side effects for Rheumatoid arthritis?
Leg area feels numb knee level down! I was given injection for tetanus and neurobion forte after which doc referred me to the neuro physicist who prescribed renerve, neurobion n liv52 on 10th feb n told to consult after 15 days. I can only feel little sensation when I pinch there. Should I be worried? He told that it was due to some nerve damage.
She has been diagnosed arthritis. I am not aware exact type of the same. Allopathic doctors say it's not curable but only manageable that too with steroids having side effects Any alternative?
While playing football my knee got banges with one of the player's knee, now I am not able to walk comfortably. When is press that region of knee I feel severe pain. Please help. Is this serious injury?
I had bilateral total knee replacement surgery 15 days back. My right knee is almost healed now, able to bend as physiotherapist suggests with very less pain now. But my left knee is still very stiff very painful, bends very less, Also I get fever spike of 100°after every physio session. I am not getting satisfactory answers from surgeon, who says that it will gradually bend. Should I be worried now? What may b the causes and remedies? Stiffness,pain and fever are the main issues. Pl help.
I had a slip inside the house and my left toe was fractured along with sprain in the whole left feet and heel just one and half years back. I am treated by ortho doctor at Jayanagar ortho. Hospital with plaster for five weeks. After removing the plaster, left feet remained black with swelling and for nearly one year same thing continued. I am having diabetic and hypertension and taking tablets regularly. I was in a teaching profession and used stand for long hours and as such I developed arthritis and added to it the diabetes and bp have caused numbness in my feet, but it is more in my left leg foot after the fracture and post treatment. Still I am having pain in my heel and find paining after standing for long, but subside while walking. The ortho doctor after treatment took xray and told me the fracture is cleared completely. Pl advice me what is the remedy for my ortho problems.
Dear sir/mam my mom have been suffering from knee pain since last 2 years. We consulted many doctors like orthopedics, nerve specialist, general physician. We also used homeopath, ayurvedic,and doctor ortho oil also but nothing is improve sir/mamplse suggest us what should we do we think that we are helpless now.
What is the diet to be maintained for an oral cancer patient? Surgery, radiation and chemo is over by end Feb. How do we try and maintain the,PH level?
Insomnia is the condition of acute sleeplessness, and it takes a heavy toll on your mood, your energy levels, and your ability to concentrate and work during the day. Some of the most common symptoms of the condition are:
- You find it difficult to fall asleep even if you are tired
- Once you wake up in the middle of the night, you cannot get back to sleep
- You cannot work or concentrate on anything during the day
- You stay mostly fatigued, or irritated throughout the day
- You have to depend on pills or alcohol to fall asleep.
- You wake up very early in the morning, no matter how late you sleep
What could be the causes for insomnia?
Insomnia might last just a few days if it is induced by some temporary cause, like stress at your workplace, or any other personal issue you can be facing. However, when the cause is a long rooted one, insomnia might persist for a long time. There can be a mix of many causes for that to happen:
- Psychological stress or other emotional discomforts - Common psychological problems like anxiety, depression, chronic work stress, grief, and also bipolar disorder can be the causes for insomnia.
- Illness or other medical problems - There can be many medical causes or other illnesses at the root of insomnia like allergies, acute asthma, hyperthyroidism, Parkinson's disease, kidney related diseases and cancer as well.
- Medications - There can be many drugs, which might be prescribed by your doctor, but still be responsible for insomnia. These include antidepressants, corticosteroids like thyroid hormone medicines, few blood pressure medications, certain contraceptives and stimulants for ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder).
- Sleep Disorders - Insomnia, though in itself is a sleep disorder, can also be the symptoms for other sleep disorders like sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome, and other disorders related to jet lag or if you are working on a late night shift.
In addition to these causes, some daily lifestyle habits might act as triggers to insomnia, which include: