Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Somashekar K S
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Somashekar K SYour feedback matters!
Hi I am taking 2 times a day exiten plus but today i am not feeling uneasy and breathing problem and low immune is this anxiety or I have to consult a neurologist or heart doctor.
This is general question and not for any one. Has research been done regarding cholesterol in ghee (clarified butter). The works outside India was only on butter but ghee is different.
I am deficient of calcium, B12 and Vitamin D with high Cholesterol. Is it because of my hypothyroidism? How can I get all these measures under reference range as I can not stop taking eltroxin.
Respected sir/madam, I have been experiencing slight pain in my chest and also in the back. Back pain is right behind chest pain. I have also observed clicking sound in my ribs while stretching my chest. I feel a bit anxious. When the pain increases pain in completely felt in the spine. What could be my condition. Is there any medication that can help me. I smoke cigarette. Also I feel I hav shortness of breath.
I am male 23 years old. I lift too heavy in the gym. Pichle 2 hafton se meri mid chest me boht pain ho rahi hai. Maine apna blood pressure check karvaya vo normal hai. Sbb kehh rahe hai ki thand lgg gaye hai but muje ye dard ek din gym se ghar aakr shuru hui hai. Please medicine and solution batayen I am in too much pain.
What are the dangers of having high colas Tirol? Can other problem develop? Are there things I can do at home or in my life to reduce cholesterol?
Love:It does make the world go round. With millions of songs and movies that have this emotion in its center, can it really be any other way? From early life, love acts as a security blanket from our parents, a growing up adventure with siblings and an out of the world experience with pets. When you learn to care and love, it becomes a life habit that helps you find happiness in all situations.
In several Harvard studies over the years on finding the 'secret of happiness'and the connection between happiness, health, and love, one common undisputed fact emerged that love and good relationships keep you healthier and happier. There really is no medicine like having someone to love and share a life with. Note that you need these reasons for being in love but it is great to know them any way.
- The heart and love connection: Our heart has been connected with the emotion of love for so many reasons. Historically, the heart was thought to be the seat to thinking, emotions and memories. It beating extra hard during excitement and love gave an automatic connection to the two. This popular notion continued to take center stage even after it was scientifically proven that the heart only pumped blood while the brain took up other functionalities. The association remains strong until date where the beating heart as a life source is associate with love - which makes life a happy place.
- Love can boost your immune system: A research by Ronald Glazer and Jan Kiecolt-Glaser suggested that couples who engaged in positive conflict resolution had a higher functioning immune system than those who didn't. Which means, if you get into an argument, you need to play fair and play nice. Couples who argued and stonewalled showed a larger decline in their immediate immune system functioning. Some connection!
- Love more, live longer: According to a 2004 study by the CDC, married couples had the lowest mortality rates. Generally speaking, people who are in committed, loving relationships experience less stress which translates to improved heart health. Happy and loving relationships also coax us into giving up risky behaviours like smoking, especially when you want to raise a family. This in turn propels a healthy lifestyle.
- It can reduce your pain: Pain is a feeling when we are physically harmed internally or externally and its intensity is controlled by our brain. But the heart plays an equally important role in its intensity - i.e. reducing it. If you hold the hand of the person you love, it can minimize your feelings of pain. No wonder then that women in labor hold their husband's hand to tide through the pain!
- Love can keep your heart happy: Love increases the feeling of bliss and elevates you into a different sphere of optimism, energy and sense of well being - all of which go into keeping your heart healthy.