Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Somashekar K SYour feedback matters!
Whats the difference between heartrate and blood pressure? As I can check heart rate in my phone but not blood pressure, whats the ideal heartrate should be for a normal person? Thank you.
I feel in and around my heart something like wound. When stretch hands and driving bike and other activities. 20 days before I had burning sensation around heart with high heart beat. Should I go for Troponin test. I go for morning walk 2 k. M and also ride bike 70 k. M per day.
I am feel so hungry and also very sleepy is a sign of hiv I have tested CBC test and thyroid and the report is normal.
I am having dry cough with a feverish pulse rate. Breathlessness in morning no appetite for food. I am diabetic with pp blood sugar level at 310. Taking gluconorm g2, seloken xl 50, ramistar 5, mononitrate. As per doctor' s advice I got an x-ray chest pa view done, which indicates pleural collection or pleural thickening on the left side. Also indicates marginal cardiac enlargement. Please suggest treatment.
I lost my girl friend. She was my heart and someone just took her away from me for the lifetime and I wanna suicide. Just give me a solution.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist.
Dr. I'm going through some serious pain mentally as the girl that I loved and cared for with all my heart has been playing with me for my childhood friend by dancing on his tune this is killing me inside and I can not keep my head right at all leading to heavy smoking and stress. I'm completely broken emotionally, please I need help!
After reducing glucose level to 84 and 100 my doctor ask me to continue medicine and increase food intake. My wish is no diet alterations and reduce dianorm30 mg to lower dose.
Hai I am smoker wat should I eat to maintain my breast and body fit and avoid heart prblm in future.
My mom is having a high blood pressure nearly 165+ since a week and also low hemoglobin level nearly 7 and heart rate is 91 please suggest some ways to bring these to normal level and please also suggest a diet plan I request you to please answer as soon as possible.
I am sixty years old male retired from government service but unfortunately without pension. I am taking BP tables morning and evening to control by BP as Glycomet thrice in a day for controlling my sugar which is on the higher side after food. I am not getting sleep in the night. What is the remedy for getting a good sleep?
I have high blood pressure problem forever last two or three years. What should I do for this. Please tell me anything about homeopathy.
My brother gets acute pain around his left ankle and some pain around his right ankle when he walks for about 15 minutes. The pain subsides on resting for 5-10 minutes. There is no pain when resting. Our doctor advised a blood circulation test to check if it's a case of peripheral artery disease. The test was carried out in his right leg only and blood circulation was found to be normal. Does this mean that blood circulation in his left leg would also be OK given that the test was carried only on his right leg?
Are you looking for effective and natural ways to prevent heart blockage and blood pressure management? You should consider taking Ayurvedic measures, which have been proven to be quite effective in dealing with various issues of the heart. Usually, heart blockages are difficult to deal with and a surgery has to be carried out for recovery. With Ayurvedic remedies, you can solve such issues without the concern of harmful side effects on your body.
Ayurvedic management of heart blockage
For effective prevention and management of heart blockages, you need to create a certain Ayurvedic medicine using basic ingredients.
- Mix lemon, ginger, apple vinegar and garlic together and boil on a light flame.
- After the quantity gets reduced, leave the mixture to cool.
- After this, add some honey in the solution, and store it in a bottle for use. You have to take this medicine every morning after waking up.
- Note all the ingredients are chosen for their unique and beneficial features.
- Lemon contains more than 19 qualities, and garlic and ginger are good for dealing with gastric issues. Apple cider vinegar is given great importance in Ayurveda, and honey is good for your blood. Hence, this medicine is ideal for treating heart blockages effectively.
Ayurvedic management of blood pressure
High blood pressure or Rakta Gata Vata refers to an elevation in the pressure of blood in your arteries. The increase in pressure is based upon your age, activities, diet, and medical history.
The Ayurvedic remedies for the prevention and control of blood pressure include the following:
- Avoid consuming eggs, meat, tea, coffee, pickles and table salt.
- Abstain from smoking.
- Increase your intake of food items such as lemon, garlic, parsley, grapefruit, cottage cheese, Indian gooseberry, and watermelon.
- Engage in regular exercise as it is important for lowering and preventing your chances of high blood pressure.
- Laugh a lot and keep away from anxiety and stress factors.
- Make a juice of garlic cloves, wheat grass and basil leaves. Have this regularly for reduced chances of high blood pressure.
- Mix onion juice with honey and have the mixture every day.
- Make a paste using garlic and buttermilk, and drink it regularly.
- Grind roasted watermelon seeds, add water to the powder, strain the liquid, and have it twice every day.
It is important for you to consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before starting to take Ayurvedic measures for heart blockage or high blood pressure on your own. This will ensure that you are prescribed the best measures by a qualified and experienced doctor.