Find numerous Urologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Urologists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Urologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of H.I.V
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Open Prostatectomy Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. SomannaYour feedback matters!
I m suffering from stomach ache for last few hours is it any kind of kidney problems or any kind of other urinary problems.
Many persons report to doctors complaining about weakness, backache, loss of energy and other vague symptoms attributing these all to the loss of calcium and sometime semen with urine. How do they get to this conclusion? They may have noticed ‘white discharge (particularly in morning sample) in urine, they leak few drops of white discharge while talking to women (talking over phone included) or thinking about them, their neighborhood ‘test wala’ (lab technician) report their urine containing a few calcium carbonate crystals (anyways its almost always same test wala or ‘medical wala’ (medical store owner) who orders their urinalysis in first instance), they suffer (as per them) from frequent night emissions associated with wet dreams or without wet dreams and so on (list is exhaustive).
This is precipitated and perpetuated by commonly held belief about extreme preciousness of semen in sub-continental cultures including ours. This is based on an old hindu belief that it takes forty drops of blood to create a drop of bone marrow and forty drops of bone marrow to create a drop of sperm (wikipedia). These persons usually spend good amount of resources for treatment of ‘calcium or semen loss’ without much success.
This is actually a neuro-asthenic syndrome first described by professor (dr) narendra wig as ‘dhat syndrome’.
Females also suffer from an equivalent syndrome characterized by excessive vaginal discharge or leucorrhea, which is again considered a" precicious fluid.
Reassurance and proper education is the mainstay of treatment. Many times counseling, anti-anxiety and anti-depressant medications are needed.
Overactive bladder, also known as OAB, is a condition where sudden involuntary contractions of the urinary bladder's muscular walls cause bladder storage dysfunction. It leads to sudden and frequent urges to urinate (urinary urgency), as well as unintentional leakage or urine (urinary incontinence).
This is a condition that affects both men and women and causes tremendous discomfort in nearly every aspect of daily life. The specific causes of OAB vary from case to case but it is generally attributed to infection of the urinary tract or dysfunction of the nervous system. The symptoms are intensified by unhealthy lifestyle choices such as overindulging in caffeinated drinks, spicy foods, and alcohol.
There are several ways in which you can deal with the problem of OAB, depending on the nature of the case. It is necessary for you to consult a urologist for a detailed diagnosis to formulate the best treatment option.
Following are the most effective remedies to treat an overactive bladder:
1. Lifestyle Modifications - Also known as behavioral therapy, this is the first step in the treatment of OAB. It involves inculcating simple changes into everyday habits such as avoiding food and drinks that irritate the bladder, scheduling (and in some cases, practice delaying) bathroom visits, exercising the pelvic floor and bladder muscles, keeping a record of urinating habits in a 'bladder diary' for better understanding the problem, etc. You can incorporate these habits into everyday activities for an easy alleviation of the problem with absolutely no side effects.
2. Medication and Surgery - There are several different kinds of medicines and drugs that can treat the problem of OAB. The most common types are muscle relaxants that loosen the muscles of the urinary bladder to prevent involuntary contractions, and antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs that treat urinary tract infections. Many types of implants are surgically set into the pelvic area to act as electrical nerve stimulators for neuromodulation therapy. Reconstructive bladder surgery is another remedial option.
3. Devices and Products - Urinary urgency and incontinence can be managed through the external use of various devices and products which collect and hold urine or absorb leakages. These include indwelling catheters, condom catheters (for men), urine drainage bags, absorbent pads and adult diapers, and toilet substitutes such as bedpans and bedside urinals.
Related tip: What Makes One Lose Control of the Urinary Bladder?
I am suffering from kidney stone for last 1 year and that stone is 7.1 mm how many take water per day and can you suggest what should be done.
I am 61 years old. I have enlarged prostate. PSA IS VERY NORMAL. I WAS ADVISED TAB. URIMAX-0.4 MG IN THE YEAR 2014. I TOOK THE MED DAILY (1 TAB DAILY) FOR A FEW MONTHS. I FEEL PRESSURE OF PASSING URINE FREQUENTLY IN WINTER OR RAINY AND COLD (IN AIRCONDITIONED ROOM ALSO. IN SUMMER I stopped TAKING THIS MED AS MY CONDITION WAS O.K.THIS YEAR ,A FEW MONTHS BACK I suffered FROM VIRAL FEVER. THIS AGGRAVATED MY PROBLEM AND I WAS UNABLE TO CONTROL MY URINE. AFTER AN ULTRA SOUND DOCTOR FOUND THE PROSTATE HAS ENLARGED A BIT MORE THAN 2014. THIS TIME ALSO MY PSA TEST WAS O.K. HE ADVISED ME TO CONTINUE THE SAME TAB. NOW I AM TAKING A TAB URIMAX 0.4 MG DAILY. I AM QUITE O.K NOW. EXCEPT WHEN I AM IN A VERY EFFECTIVE A.C. ROOM THERE I FEEL THE URGE TO PASS URINE FREQUENTLY. DOCTOR IS THIS MED O.K OR I NEED TO TAKE another MED. ALSO. AND IN FUTURE IS IT GOING TO GIVE ME MORE PROBLEM. CAN IT BE CURED completely. PLEASE ADVICE. THANKS A LOT.
I feel thirsty all the time and go for urinal frequently. I am just 30 years old, it is possible that I could be a patient of Diabetes.
I am suffering from kidney infection. I always have problems while doing toilet. I am also suffering from high blood sugar. Please advise what should I do.
What are allowed foods for kidney failure patients they are suffering from this condition around one year.
How to reduce black heads with home remedies please give me nice suggestions to remove them. Please help me. And what are the symptoms for kidney stones.
My 40 years old brother have both kidney problem. Dr. Told both kidneys are fail. They suggest to transplantation. Bt in ayurvedic medicine the kidneys are becoming to recover slowly. Even though brother suffering in some problem. Sometimes his feet swollen. At that position what should I do?
I had pain in my heel of right foot. Mostly after inactivity or after waking up. Pain used to go down with activity and some times after passing urine. Got my uric acid test done it was ok. This occuted an year ago as well but got ok after I changed my shoe. This time also it has started after I bought a new shoe. I shall change my shoe. But does it mean some other problem. Or is it only shoe.
I am 64yrs. Old. I am taking urimax-f for the last one year for enlarged prostrate. How long should I take it?
Mujhe 2 din se toilet jaldi jaldi aa rahe hai kuch burning jase lag raha hai 8 month phele bhi asa hua. Mane sabhi test karaye ultrasound karaya urien test karaya, blood test karaya par usme kuch nahi aaya phir mane urologist ko dikhya unhone anxiety ke problem bataye wahe problem phir se ho gye.
I am suffering from BP, SUGAR AND PROSTRATE PROBLEM ALONGWITH JOINT PROBLEMS IS THEREBINATION OF SIMPLE medicine SINCE IN allopathy I AM TAKING 10 TABLETS IN A DAY.
Causes and treatments of kidney failure
I am Dr D K Agarwal. I’m senior consultant nephrologists’ from the Indraprastha Hospital, New Delhi. I’m from Lybrate. Today, we will discuss kidney failure.
As you know the kidney failure is a very common problem nowadays. The cases are increasing day by day and treatment is very costly, you know the transplantation, dialysis or CLPD is very costly. So we should know about the kidney failure. Kidney failure is when we say the urea creatinine is high, urine is less in amount. There is swelling, loss of appetite. All these things are there then we say you are suffering from kidney failure.
There are few causes of kidney failure which are very important to know, for example,
- One is diabetes. One of the top most causes of kidney failure is if you are having diabetes then chances of kidney failure are there. So you will have to control it.
- The second is hypertension.
- Third is painkillers, the pain killers are also very important cause so we are having a habit of self-medication. We go the chemist and we take medicines, that is also an important cause of kidney failure.
- Other causes as we know there are stones, cysts and other obstructions in the passage of urine from the kidney to the urethra to the bladder and to outside.
So these are the few important causes of kidney failure.
Now, at last, I want to say that if you have any query you don’t worry at all. You can contact me 24 hours via lybrate. We are at your service.