Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Treatment of Shin Splints
Treatment of Shin Splits
Management of Smoking Cessation
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Skin Detoxification Treatment
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Submit a review for Dr. Somaling S TYour feedback matters!
Hi, My father had diabetes for many years and expired due to that but I do not have diabetes but have hyper tension for which I am taking nebicard h daily 5 mg will I or my kids get affected from my dad or from me as my kids are hyper active now at present who are aged 4 and 9 years kindly reply asap and precautions to take to avoid the future problems.
I do the masturbation from 8 years and I do 3 or 4 in a weak. I am very weak and slim. please tell me this habit will harmful for my future.
Hi doctor I m male 21 years old recently I have done sex with a girl who was married while doing sex my condom got bursted but immediately I wore another and continued the sex is there any chances of getting hiv infection.
I'm 28 years old boy. Before 2 months ago some disease in my nose and when I clear it bleeding and pain. And also have problem for taking breath. Kindly help me and giving the solution early. Thanking you.
Im diabetic just know 2 month b4. My sugar level is 120 f and 158 af. I chek many time a week and its below 200. Can I take medicine for that or its ok without medicine.
Peyronie's disease is a problem predominantly found in 3-9% of adult men, especially after 40 years of age. In the disease, a scar tissue is formed in the outer layer of the penis called Tunica Albuginea. Scar tissue is a just plaque inside the penis.
Peyronie's disease causes the penis to bend sideways or upwards and can make sex become difficult due to deformity and erection may be a painful process. It is usually associated with erectile dysfunctions, severe anxiety and reduced testosterone levels. It is worth noting that there are treatments for Peyronie's disease, however, the pain often goes away on its own, generally, in 6-18 months of onset, but the deformity stays.
Here is everything you need to know about this disease:
It is not known exactly what causes Peyronie's disease, however, there are some factors, which make it more likely than others. Here are those factors:
- Trauma: This is the most common factor which causes Peyronie's disease. It is believed that when someone suffers from tiny bleeding of the penis, which is very common in patients of Diabetes, the plaque starts to build up. The injury or trauma, which causes the bleeding may go unnoticed as well.
- Genes: Genes are also a possible cause of Peyronie's disease.
The symptoms of Peyronie's disease vary, such as:
- Pain on Erection: There is usually pain in erection during the initial phase.
- Bent penis: When the penis becomes hard before sex, it may bend downwards or sideways by more than 15 degree, so the vaginal entry becomes impossible or is painful for the partner.
- Scars: Tissue may form on other parts of the body, as well including the hand and feet. In fact, it has been said that men who have scarring in the hand, which affect the fingers are more likely to contract the disease as well.
One may see extensive scarring in hands in a disease called Dupuytren's Contracture.
- Wait & Watch: It is worth noting the acute phase with pain is treated by wait and watch, controlling contributory factors like diabetes, low testosterone and psychogenic factors. Antioxidants are useful. Large number of cases are relieved of the pain in 1 to 1.5 years.
- Intralesional injection: If the bend is significant enough to interfere in sexual functioning, It can be treated by injecting medicines in the plaque. The medicine, Xiaflex is currently not available in India and other medicines given are not very effective.
- Surgery: This is a last option when Peyronie's disease has not gone on it's own and medicines are not helping either. The two most common procedures performed are removing the plaque and putting a tissue graft in its place and also removing the tissue opposite the plaque to counter the bending effect. The results are fairly good.
Going for a Penile implant is the last option, which is a permanent solution and is commonly done in India. And, the success rate for Penile implant is also very high.