Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sohrab Kamdin
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Sohrab KamdinYour feedback matters!
According to recent study 20 to 30 percent of the males experience this disorder, wherein, they do not have any control over the ejaculation of the semen, such a situation is known as premature ejaculation. Premature ejaculation occurs because of increased sensitivity of the penis, might also be due to any psychological disturbance related to the act of sex. A man’s sexual act ends up or reaches climax with the ejaculation of the semen. Semen is a fluid that the reproductive gamete, spermatozoa. This spermatozoon passes the ejaculatory ducts and reaches the seminal vesicles. This seminal vesicles makes the 70 percent of the semen by producing a whitish fluid rich in proteolytic enzymes, phosphates, citric acid and lipids. Spermatozoa mixes with this fluid produced by the seminal vesicles and gets ready for ejaculation.
There are two phases in this ejaculation process emission phase and expulsion phase.
1. Emission phase: The spermatozoa and the seminal fluids travels through the reproductive structures and reaches the posterior urethra in this phase. This is also known as preparatory phase.
2. Expulsion phase: In this phase the contraction of the bladder neck causes the contraction of the urethra and rhythmic contraction of the external sphincters of the urethra which makes the semen to come out of the penis.
Most men ejaculate the semen two minutes after the penetration. If the ejaculation of semen occurs less than this time then it is called as premature ejaculation.
Few self help tips for male with premature ejaculation
Before trying or seeking help of a doctor you can practise few of these tips to overcome premature ejaculation.
- Masturbate one or two hours before attempting sex with your partner as this may increase the latency period during your actual sex with your partner.
- Use thick condoms to reduce the stimuli and increase the ejaculation period.
- Take deep breaths as this helps to withhold the ejaculation for a short period of time.
- Have sex with in some other positions like with your partner on the top and yourself below.
- Be conscious about the sensation or feel before ejaculation and come out of your partner and divert yourself with some sports or some of other favourite topics of you and your partner.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.