Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Sneha LathaYour feedback matters!
Me and my gf had sex before 2 weeks of her periods without any contraception. I had ejaculated before and then went for an intercourse with her. It was her first time and it pained so we stopped. But after 2 weeks (on the due date) she had a lighter period with almost no pain and it lasted only two days. We are very worried. Could she be pregnant?
While meditation can improve your overall well being considerably, it can take some time for you to master this art, especially if you're a beginner. Follow these simple do’s and don’ts, even if you’re a novice, you can be well on your way to finding inner peace, happiness, focus and the holistic health benefits that come with the daily practice of this art (and science).
The Don’ts of Meditation
1. Don’t do it with too many expectations
It can do more harm than good if you go into meditation with a baggage of expectations. You need to go into it with an open mind, while letting go of all your hopes, goals and expectations. Most importantly, to experience inner peace and stillness, you have to persevere, even if the results do not match your expectations.
2. Don’t worry about interruptions
Meditation is all about letting go and learning to go with the flow. So, don’t get flustered if you experience interruptions and have to get back to your meditative mindset several times.
3. Don’t look upon meditation as a quick-fix for your problems
Considered to be an effective treatment for stress and worries, meditation should not be taken up with the thinking that your problems would be resolved in no time. The effects of meditation may not show up for months to come. Patience is the key when it comes to meditation.
The Do’s of Meditation
4. Do meditate in a quiet spot
Whether you’re doing it alone, at home or in a group, it is always good to meditate in a place where you will not be distracted by your surroundings. Your meditation can break even at the slightest noise, so pick the quietest spot possible.
5. Do meditate in a group
For a beginner, meditating alone can be difficult and discouraging. You require a great deal of mental effort and determination to just sit still and not do anything. So, it’s good to go at it with the help of others who have been practicing it for sometime as their struggles and experiences may teach you a lot.
6. Do take the help of technology to improve your meditation
Apart from books, even technological tools like podcasts and apps can aid in improving your meditation knowledge and skills. While podcasts on meditation can be downloaded and viewed anytime, anywhere; apps can be used to time your meditation or even to divert any calls or messages that you may receive while you’re meditating, thus, preventing any form of distraction.
7. Do experiment and vary your practice
In order to stave off boredom that might arise from pursuing just one kind of meditation style, you could vary your practice with a myriad of meditation styles, ranging from a body targeted meditation to a breath focused one.
8. Always opt for the sitting position
It’s extremely important to get your body to differentiate between sleep and meditation. The body of a beginner can easily mistake meditation for sleep. For this reason, it is best to be always in a seated position when meditating. You could use blankets or pillows to increase your comfort level.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 47 years now I got my last period sometime in october 2014, few years since my periods have been irregular & sometimes scanty / heavy. Please let me know what exactly is the case? I want to be sure that I have no probs so I even did a papsmear last year in october all is normal. But why have my periods stopped so early?
I am suffering from herpes genitals last 19 years. Please, tell me that it's a totally curable disease? These disease can transfer one generation to his other generation? & please give further treatment tips.
I had unprotected sex with my husband on Nov 17th and I took postpone 72 on 18th. Then I got withdrawal bleeding Nov 24th to 26th. But my last periods date Nov 7th to 13th. Then I got periods on Dec 20th to 23th. This Jan I didn't get periods till now. When will I get my periods? Is any chance of pregnancy?
Hello doctor, Yesterday I had inter course with my female partner. I used precaution as condoms. But the problem the meanwhile the time of evacuation. I did not stop for like 2-3 mins while ejaculating. I wonder if semen doesn't hit inside her. please recommend asap.
I had an intercourse for 6 days and in between I even took I-pill aftr 7th day suddenly I got my periods tht to before the date and now it's not stopping. Today is 12th day. please help me out.
Sir. yesterday morning I just feel like gastric when I went to toilet it didn't come out completely then I try to make pressure then something like blood comes out and sometimes jelly type semi liquid. Please Suggest
Urinary infection is one widespread disorder that most of the human beings face in the later stages of their lives. The infection is experienced mostly by half of the women and according to statistical data, it has been noted that about 40% of women and 12% of men get infected with urinary infection. Women who are sexually active have more possibilities to get this infection. It is an infection suffered by many people and which is more vulnerable to children and women.
The symptoms that are identified for a person with urinary infection are frequent urination and burning sensation at the time of passing urine. In certain cases, women even experience leaking of urine while sleeping. It is advised not to take this condition casually as it can lead to further complications, and medications need to be taken to reduce the discomfort caused.
Main Causes of Urinary Infection:
- The main reason for urinary infection is the bacterium that moves from the urinary duct to the urinary bladder.
- The other main reasons for urinary tract infection are due to sexual intercourse, pregnancy and diabetes.
- There are chances to get urinary infection if a person has sex with many partners.
- In most women urinary infection is caused due to hormonal imbalance after menopause.
- Women should not hold back the urge for urinating frequently, as it can weaken the bladder and makes it prone to urinary infection.
Treatment for Urinary Infection:
There are simple and helpful home remedies that can be used for the treatment of urinary infection and these include
- It is very necessary to drink a lot of water, as it would help flush the bacteria from the bladder that causes the infection. It is advisable to drink at least 80 ounces of water on a daily basis.
- It is advisable to eat foods rich in Vitamin C as they are helpful in making the urine more acidic, and it inhibits further growth of the bacterium in the urinary tract.
- It is very important that spicy foods and bladder irritants like caffeine, carbonated drinks and artificial sweeteners be cut from the diet to reduce the irritation.
- It is very important to include healthy foods in your diet, and that are high on fiber carbohydrates and helpful in digestive health of your body.
- Herbal remedies can be opted for treatment of urinary tract infection, and the leaves of bearberry are used for this purpose.
- Most importantly, it is very necessary to adopt healthier habits and quit smoking. Women should wear loose clothing and make use of personal hygiene products that are free from any fragrance.