Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
I just started taking the mini pill as mu form of contraceptive 2 weeks ago. I have taken other contraceptives with no issues. I have had a headache for the past 5 days that is just getting worse. Could this be from the contraceptive, if so is it dangerous and why?
If it is very hard to penetrate a girl even after trying for hours does it mean she is virgin? Can a non virgin fake her virginity by blocking penis entry by compressing vaginal muscles?
Migraine vs. Headache: know the difference
How to differentiate between a migraine and headache?
When you feel pain or pressure in your head, it may become difficult for you to assess whether you are experiencing a common headache or a migraine. Let's understand how different they are from each other.
A typical headache usually affects both sides of your head and varies from a mild to moderate pain. It can last from 30 minutes to up to a period of one week.
Some specific areas which get affected by a headache are:
- Back of your neck
Factors that trigger this headache type are a muscle strain, stress or anxiety.
A migraine, on the other hand, is also a type of a headache which results in an acute throbbing sensation in one part of your head. Usually, migraine headaches are highly painful. Migraine pain makes it difficult for a person to carry out his/her daily tasks. Symptoms or signs associated with migraine attacks are:
- Sensitivity to sound or light
- Pain in the temples
- Temporary loss of vision
- Pain behind your ear or eye
What are the common causes of a migraine?
- Hormonal imbalances in women - fluctuations in oestrogen, especially during menopause or pregnancy seem to trigger a migraine
- Drinks like wine and extremely caffeinated beverages
- Foods such as salty foods, aged cheese as well as processed foods can trigger the migraine attack.
- Medications - vasodilators such as nitroglycerine and oral contraceptives can intensify migraine pain.
How to treat a headache?
Fortunately, you can get rid of stress-induced headaches through over-the-counter treatments, which include:
How to treat a migraine?
If you experience migraine attacks less frequently, these medicines may give you quick relief:
- Triptans, such as rizatriptan (Maxalt) or almotriptan (Axert)
- Antinausea medicines, such as chlorpromazine (Thorazine), promethazine (Phenergan) or prochlorperazine (Compazine)
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), such as acetaminophen, naproxen sodium, aspirin or ibuprofen
Some preventive tips:
- Make changes in your diet such as avoid such foods, including caffeine and alcohol which are believed to trigger headaches.
- You can also try muscle relaxation exercises, yoga or meditation to ease the migraine attack.
Related Tip: 8 Common Migraine Triggers You Must Stay Away From
Kidney stones could be a cause for worry by the time they are not removed causing incessant and regular pains and disrupting normal life. The task is not finished even if you get them removed because what follows is a rigorous and disciplined routine that you must follow to maintain your health after the surgery is done. Diet plays a crucial role in negating the possibility of yet another stone accumulation. Here are a few diet tips that would be handy if you have got a kidney stones removal surgery done.
- To stay hydrated is the golden rule that you must abide by at all costs. It is advisable to drink at least 2-3 litres of water on a daily basis. Water prevents the formation of stones and would also help to eliminate any remaining residues of kidney stones existing in the system.
- Dairy products could be included but in diluted form.
- A fixed dietary routine is mandatory above all. The patient should be given meals at proper time intervals in small proportions. Heavy meals should be avoided at all costs.
- Foods rich in high fibre should be included in the diet. They help in bowel movement also. These include whole grain breads and beans.
1. Foods rich in oxalates and calcium should be kept at bay for at least a period of two months after the stone removal procedure is complete. Oxalates can lead to the formation of yet another stone which is far from desirable. The foods that fall in this category include:
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, mustard and beet greens
- Cabbage, cauliflower, tomatoes
- Banana, mango, apricot, grapes
- Nuts like almond and cashew
- Soft drinks
- Caffeinated drinks like tea and coffee
2. Foods rich in sodium should be kept at bay for at least some time immediately after the surgery.
3. Reducing the food intake that is high on animal protein.
4. Do not eat stale food.
5. Junk food should not even cross your mind. It is something which should be avoided for best results.
These are generic guidelines that would help you to cope with post surgery care. However, there could be specific requirements depending from patient to patient. Therefore, it is advisable to get the guidelines by a doctor who will take into account the specificities of the case. Diet along with exercise is in most cases, the most effective combat to kidney stones. The trick however, is to not go overboard with either of them.
A girl aged 29 years having problem with white vaginal discharges since last two years, presently she feel a considerable weakness and discomfort and backache. I need your support and guideline to get treatment.
I am 25 years I got period last month may now this month not came. I was taking pills upto march novelon I stopped in march and from last fifteen days back pain is also very much what is the reason? Please help me.
Hello doc I have taken I pill n now it is more than 10 days to my period date I still do not get periods I tested for pregnancy bt it is negative what should I do, is it harmful I am worried my stomach is also increasing n getting hard I am felling some sort of problems related to s stomach as well.
2 steps to a pain free neck
Neck and back pain is the second biggest reason to visit a doctor, yet people ignore it.
most of this can be prevented and treated, that too, non-surgically and without involving any medication or exercises at home.
Orthocure clinic at gurgaon offers specialized neck and back pain treatments which have been globally acclaimed for many years and are being offered for the first time in india.
What causes neck pain and what are the symptoms?
weak muscles are the root cause of neck pain. When we move our neck, the large muscle group like upper back muscles shoulder muscles take most of the load leaving core neck muscles in a state of disuse. It can also come from spinal disorders involving tissues of the neck. Symptoms are: stiff neck making head turning difficult, soreness in neck or pain that radiates down into the shoulders, arms, or fingers; or radiates up into the head.
2. What are risk factors to develop neck pain?
Past neck injury.
Sedentary lifestyle due to a desk job or poor posture.
Bending the neck for a long time while cooking, using phone, holding a baby, writing, reading etc.
Cervical slipped disc or nerve compression disorders.
3. How is treatment at orthocure clinic different from others?
Orthocure offers a comprehensive neck back program with a 2 step protocol. We first reduce the pain by using the spinal decompression machine and, then, strengthen the muscles on the cervical medical exercise machine, thereby, treating the root cause of the pain.
4. What is the spinal decompression machine?
It is the first facility in gurgaon from the canadian decompression and pain centers, canada. Non-surgical spinal decompression therapy has computer controlled movements to decompress the spine in a graded manner causing a vacuum effect that helps in reducing the compression on the nerves.
5. How is strengthening done on medical exercise machine and are there any side effects?
In india orthocure is offering first and only facility of medical exercise machine from usa. It strengthens core muscles by isolating them and restraining the other stronger group of muscles. Computerized testing is another unique feature of this treatment which shows how weak your neck/back muscles are compared to a normal adult. Also, there are no side effects as both are non-invasive treatments with no medicines or injections. Patient is under close medical supervision throughout the treatment.
For consultation, contact orthocure clinics at:
Spo 214, 2nd floor, south point mall, golf course road, gurgaon.
Contact: 0124-4052277, 9599642277 | info@orthocure. Co. In | www. Orthocure. Co. In