Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SnehaYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor I have take menoreg syrup and ovral g as last 2 months ago miscarriage. So what is the use of menoreg syrup?
Last month on March 3 I had a pre-term delivery. I had a bleeding till yesterday. So can I have sex tomorrow or I should wait for sometime. And if I do sex tomorrow does the again vaginal bleeding will start? For how much time should I wait to have sex bcz it's almost 7 weeks.
Dear Doctor, I am 28 year Married woman. We got married two years back. I am under weight and my husband is over weight. We are planning a baby now since last two months. Even as discussed with doctor since last week I started to take folic acid 5mg. So, anything else I need to focus. We are waiting for good news very eagerly. Please guide.
Ideally, dinner should be the lightest meal of the entire day, so it is important to consider only healthy food items when you are deciding on your dinner plate. Eating a diet where the majority of food is healthy, helps in reducing the risk of various lifestyle disorders such as diabetes and obesity.
If you are unable to decide, worry not. Here are 10 healthy food choices for dinner:
- Whole wheat bread: If you are the type of person who prefers white bread, then it is time to rethink your choice. Refined grains do not have high nutritional content when compared to whole grains. Refined grains also cause blood sugar spikes which may lead to obesity and diabetes.
- Plain chicken soup: A very delicious treat for long nights in the winter season, chicken soup is one of the healthiest dinner choices you can come across. It is simple to prepare and is light on the digestive system. You may add seasoning such as coriander and parsley to add flavor.
- Stir fried vegetables: Stir fried vegetables are healthy as they involve very little oil and time. Stir frying helps the food to retain its nutrients and keeps it calorie free. You may pair it with whole wheat bread or brown rice to add some complex carbohydrates to your diet.
- Chicken pasta: Chicken pasta is another dish that is easy to prepare, it contains a healthy mix of protein and complex carbohydrates. Avoid adding butter or oil to keep it light, you may use herbs to add to the flavor.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes are a good source of carbohydrates that provide a steady stream of energy to the body. You may pair them with whole wheat pita bread and some scrambled eggs to make it more filling.
- Brown rice: If you like rice, make sure it is of the brown variety. Brown rice contains complex carbohydrates that do not spike your blood sugar levels. Add some stir fried vegetables and chicken for protein and vitamins. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
When a person is aroused there are a host of hormonal changes within the person's body. These changes do manifest on the surface in the form of certain physical variations. Sexual stimulation happens to alter the state of human genitalia and that too in obvious ways. The blood flow to the concerned area increases, there is enough of natural lubrication in and around the organ and for women, the vagina loosens up and the clitoris swells. Intercourse followed by a climactic release will make the clitoris regain its original size. However, worries crop up when that is not the case with every single female. This serious medical condition of a swollen clitoris should never be overlooked; it must be treated by seeking experienced medical assistance.
- Trauma: Any slight scratch or one wrong touch can cause a swollen clitoris. Even a scratch of your fingernail while you are masturbating or a rough sexual intercourse can and is enough to create trauma in your clitoris.
- Hair: Hair grows normally around your genital area. It is very common for a woman to have pubic hair. But sometimes small hair splinters lead to trouble and hair gets stuck into your clitoris and causes swelling. This is a very annoying process, sometimes you may have to use a magnifying glass to remove the hair from your clitoris.
- Clothing: Sometimes your tight clothes can result in a swollen clitoris. The friction from your rough clothing material can cause your clitoris to swell. Sometimes you may be using a detergent that is not suitable for you or you may be wearing a dress material, which you're allergic to. You should always wash your clothes in plain water and dry it before using.
- Infection: You may also have some bacterial and fungal infection in your clitoris, which can cause a swollen clitoris. This infection can also invite itchiness and redness and these can make it even worse. If it doesn't subside within some days then you should definitely see a doctor.
- Cysts: Small cysts known as Bartholomew's cysts can grow on the clitoris. This thing hampers the natural lubrication of the body. If you are having clitoris swelling because of cysts then you should seek medical attention immediately.
Your clitoris is naturally sensitive and if you are having a swollen clitoris after intercourse then you should pull back from sexual intercourse for a few days. At times the swelling goes away on its own. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hi, I am 15.4 weeks pregnant I still get abdomen pain, it's poky pain sometimes on left sometimes on right ,an its really disturbing for me when I am at work in office, it pains more when I walk ,well I did me sonography on my 13 week ,did dual marker test ,doctor said child is normal ,however my gynac does not have anything to say about my pain she says it will go ,but since I am pregnant from weeks now I am going through this pain ,can you please tell me if it is normal ,and how to avoid this pain.
My friend didn't had her menstrual cycle. And she is not pregnant also. She did her pregnancy test also. Her dates are to be 10th but nothing happened yet. Wat should we do?
My Friend, she has some swelling in her uterus and she has got this information after she did one test 2 years back she gets heavy bleeding in her periods and she is hardly able to walk when she is in periods. She tells me that she experience unbearable pain in her vagina. Pls can you suggest me any medication and how can this be cured. Thanks.
I had sex 3 times before 6-7 months with my boyfriend. Then we break up but now I can not control myself and get attracted to an another person. I am depressed. Please help me out.
Hi. I am suffering from loose motions since 2 days. It is completely watery. Since my 2 months baby is on breastfeeding I cannot get admitted full time. I have taken intravenous oflox metrogyl and dns twice. Orally I am on ornof 500 bd, meftal spas and spertgut sachet. The frequency has reduced but it is stillstill watery. Am I on correct medication and how much time will it take to improve. I am slated to fly out of country on Thursday.
Usg report says pcod with low volume ovary rest normal It also said post void residual urine 105MUL Prevoid residual urine 75MUL What is the. Reason behind this? Can STD be the cause? Can STD occur if both person does not have any sexual partner before and condom has been used while making out? If another person only had oral sex for 1-2 mins with a virgin girl before does it mean that person has std?
On Last saturday I intimated and from two days back feeling vomiting. please suggest any pills for unwanted pregnancy stoppage.
We are all looking for ways that will help us to lose weight quickly. But while trying to lose weight in a hurry, we should ensure that the various measures we are taking to lose weight are safe too. Best dietician in india says that,to lose weight quickly and safely, a proper plan is needed. Here are a few things that you can do that will ensure weight loss quickly as well as safely:
- Cut back on the junk
Junk food contains lots of empty calories that make us to put on weight. So, if you wish to lose weight quickly then you must totally cut back on the junk food. Eat healthy instead. Instead of having junk, eat a healthy home-cooked meal. This will help you a long way in losing weight.
2. Plan your meals
Make a plan of what you are going to eat. Planning your meals will help you in keeping track of all the food that you have had and all that you are going to have. The meal plans should be calorie controlled. You can make use of the internet for this purpose or you can also refer various books that will guide you in planning meals effectively.
3. Increase water consumption
Increase the amount of water that you are drinking daily. Drinking lots of water is associated with weight loss. Drinking a glass of water before your meal will make you fell satiated and hence you will consume fewer calories during the meal.
4. Consult a nutritionist/ dietician
A doctor or a dietician will guide you better on what to eat when you are trying to lose weight. They can help you make a better diet plan that suits your body.
Being productive physically is very important to lose weight. Make it a point to exercise at least 5-6 times a week. You can go for a walk or a jog. Or you can join a sport that you like. Or you can go cycling. Yoga and other exercises can also be performed. Work out for at least 45 minutes to an hour daily.
Best dietician in Lucknow says that, follow the above tips to lose weight quickly and safely. But most importantly, be a little patient.
I missed my period on this 10th May, did my pregnancy test on 13th may, it was showing negative. But I had pregnancy symptoms. 14th and 15th may. I realised there was a brown patches discharge for 2 days then the 3rd day heavy bleeding like a period days. What does it mean? Was I pregnant?
Hello I am 26 years old lady. I am married since 2 years. I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle problem. I have taken many medicines but no positive results. The gap between two cycles is almost 2 and half to 3 months. No abdomen pain as such but no monthly periods as well. This problem is disturbing my day to day activities. And not able to concentrate on anything. Can you help me to come out from this?
My wife is pregnant. Now 4th month is going on. Last mnp was 5th march 2016, edd is 12th dec 2016. From march 5th we are avoiding contact. When I can start contact.
So what can cause your hair to fall at an alarming rate?
The reasons behind hair loss could be many, but here are 6 major ones:
1. Lack of protein in your diet
When you exclude protein from your diet, your body starts to conserve the protein that it has by altering the growth cycle of your hair. In such cases, your hair enters into the resting stage, resulting in zero hair growth.
In India, 9 out of 10 people are said to suffer from low amounts of protein in their diet, with 91% vegetarians reporting protein deficiency.
2. Iron deficiency
Iron plays a very important role in the transportation of oxygen to the different organs of the body. Lack of iron in your diet (which is the principle reason behind anaemia) can give rise to several health problems including hair loss. Your body attempts to direct oxygen to important organs so as to support their functioning. As a result, your scalp witnesses a low supply of oxygen, which causes hair loss.
3. Vitamin D-3 deficiency
Deficiency of vitamin D-3 gives rise to a type of hair loss called Telogen Effluvium (TE). This is a temporary hair thinning phenomenon that takes place when the all the hair on your scalp enter the resting phase at the same time, subsequently causing you to shed a large amount of hair later on.
Smoking can also affect the health of your hair, especially the rate at which it falls and the number of strands lost in a day. A research carried out by the Harvard School of Public Health has revealed that smoking can cause a rise in a hormone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
An increase in DHT level prevents new hair cells from growing and causes hair follicles to reduce in size with each hair cycle. As a result, the area on your scalp that gets affected by DHT experiences a lack of hair growth.
5. Use of testosterone supplements in gym
Intake of testosterone in the form of supplements and injections to build muscle mass can trigger hair loss in men. This takes place when the testosterone in these supplements gets changed into DHT, thereby affecting your hair loss rate and amount.
6. Past illnesses (dengue, TB and typhoid)
Falling of hair can also be brought on by illnesses such as typhoid, TB and dengue as the hair growth cycle comes to a stop. Hormonal or metabolic stress that is experienced during the course of such diseases may cause hairfall.
What are the treatments available to cure hair loss?
1. Hair transplant
Hair transplant is a minimally invasive surgical technique that transfers hair follicles taken from other parts of your body to the balding area. Known by the name of Follicular Unit Transplantation, this hair loss treatment can help to bring back the natural appearance of a fuller head of hair. Hair follicles are harvested using two procedures- follicular unit extraction and strip harvesting. Procedure can vary from 4-8 hours or more depending on the case.
2. Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP)
Platelet- Rich Plasma (PRP) is another treatment alternative that can reverse hair loss. It’s a simple non-surgical procedure that lasts about 60-90 minutes. In this form of hair treatment, the patient’s own blood cells, more specifically blood platelets are injected into the scalp. Usually 8 sittings are required with each sitting being 2 weeks apart for better results.
3. Low Level Laser (Light) Therapy (LLLT)
This form of hair therapy utilises light energy of a specific wavelength and threshold to stimulate cellular activity, thereby promoting hair growth. Various controlled clinical tests have revealed its effectiveness in encouraging hair growth in both the genders.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult"