Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sneha
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SnehaYour feedback matters!
I applied this calamine lotion on my nose because there were some rashes on it. Since then only my nose has become completely black like I have applied ash . What should I do? Its been 2 days and does not seem to go off.
I am 15 years old but my hair is falling a lot from past 6 months. I am worried. My hair became half the quantity. Will I regain it? what shall I do?
With the constantly changing environment, too many people are sensitive to various things. Allergy is when the body produces what are known to as antibodies to substances that it is not able to consider as own. The substances which cause this reaction are known as allergens. A person can have allergies due to various substances, and the list is only growing. From food substances to metals used in jewelry to pollen to animal dander to medications, various things can cause allergies.
Ayurveda believes that good health is a result of a balance between the three doshas or elements – vata, pitta, and Kapha. According to it, allergies are caused by different items which can increase any of these. The type of allergy a person develops would depend on the person’s overall constitution, depending on what predominates in his system.
- Vaata-increasing allergens: These cause symptoms in the digestive and respiratory tract (related to gas) and include pollen allergy, uncooked meat allergy, etc.
- Pitta-increasing allergens which cause hives and rashes include citrus fruits, jewelry metal, eggplant, etc.
- Kapha-increasing allergens often affect the mucous membranes and include pollen and dairy products. These include asthma, hay fever, sinusitis, etc.
If the imbalance is what causes the problem, Ayurveda believes that restoring the balance is the key to restoring health to normalcy. This requires bringing back the balance between the three doshas.
Ayurveda believes that allergies should be treated in a multi-pronged manner, starting from avoiding the allergen to cleansing the body as a whole. Read on to know more.
- Avoid the allergen: Whether it is peanuts or pollen, nickel or milk, once the allergen is identified, the person should try to avoid exposure to the allergen. This is the most important step in preventing an allergic reaction.
- Balancing the diet: As diet imbalances lead to an imbalance in the doshas, the diet needs to ensure the dosha is not aggravated further. A person who has pitta-increasing allergies should avoid foods which increase the pitta further. The doctor will be able to help in guidance on this. This also talks about food combinations, both to avoid and to encourage.
- Cleansing the system: Periodically cleansing the body helps in improving immunity, which then can help in fighting the diseases on its own. Therefore, fasting, juice cleansing, and mono-diet are some preferred ways to cleanse the body. This again needs to be done under supervision.
- Stress management: It has been shown that allergies are aggravated by stress, so it is very important to manage stress. This could be through various techniques like pranayama (breathing exercises), music, meditation, exercise, etc.
- Ayurvedic products like Triphala, Ashwagandha, and Chyawanprash are known to improve immune and very useful in controlling allergies. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hello sir can you tell me about hair damage problem I am suffering from it please tell me how can I stop it.
I'm suffering from hair loss from past 2-3 years I took a lot of care but did not find any use please suggest any remedy.
I am suffering from acne on my body how can I can get cure of it plzzz give a suggestion or advice what medicine show I take.
Lybrate | Dr. Nitin Chaudhari speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
What is Botox?
Botox is nothing but a simple protein. It started many many years back as a medicine which was used for migraines. And per chance, it was discovered that the same medicine was easing out lines and wrinkles and making all the patients look younger. So, Botox cosmetic was born. Botil tox is used to wipe away lines and wrinkles from the face. It is a beautiful procedure. Why? Because it is short. It is effective. The results are developing in times. It is long lasting because for 4-6 times you will not see lines or wrinkles and you may not remember your age.
When it goes away it doesn’t go away completely?
It goes away very slowly so you can chop up your medicine dice at that point of time.
Is it addictive?
No it is not. You may just want to do it once say just before a special occasion and may not want to do it again. But I am sure you want to do it again because when we look younger, we feel better, we work better.
Where all can Botox be used?
Botox is a beautiful anti-ageing tool that can remove wrinkles at the forehead that is the frown lines. Those are the wrinkles around the eyes when we smile. It can be used to sculpt the jawline that makes the lower face more lifted and oval. To correct the gummy smile, that is when some people smile their lips open up to wide and their teeth show. It can be used to correct this. The folds on the neck which comes with ageing, called the neck folds are beautifully treated by botox. Botox is also used very effectively for sweaty underarms which is a very common problem in a warm/ hot country like ours.
Why do people like Botox?
Botox is safe. Yes. It is effective. The result kicks in a time. And it lasts long i.e. 4-6 months. It is an easy procedure. Within 15 minutes, you can take your botox shots and go back to work again. So nobody has to know that you have done something and you can natural, younger looking face. You can compete in your workplace and you can look beautiful at night with your friends socially and you can be happy with yourself.
So this is what botox is all about. In case you have further queries you can contact us at Lybrate.