Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. SmithawarrierYour feedback matters!
Seeing multiple strands of your hair leave your scalp with shampoo, on the floor while combing or on clothes later on is terrible. It gives a feeling of going bald if such a situation continues unabated, and that feeling is disturbing.
Hair fall has become a major problem for many nowadays. Often lack of proper care and knowledge about hair care products causes damage to hair and eventually hair fall. According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of mind-body structure. Hair is considered as a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall:
1. Dietary modifications: It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of excessive alcohol, meat, coffee, tea and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated by indulging in intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of pomegranate, carrot, spinach and kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
- Cow's Ghee is a trusted remedy to resolve all scalp problems.
- Green vegetables and fruits are rich in fiber and hence help in preventing hair fall.
- To make the roots of hair strong, foods rich in vitamin C, vitamin B-complex, sulphur and zinc must be consumed, which are found in whole grains, soybeans, buttermilk, nuts and milk.
2. Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil: bhringaraja, brahmi, amla, neem, ritha and ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful in hair fall.
3. Yoga and meditation: Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Due to bad company I had done a lots of Masturbation due to this my Private part bent one side. Becomes week, thin, wrinkled from root side. There is no erection it seems it becomes fractured but there is no pain in it.
I have a cut scar, from research it's heterotrophic scar on my arm. Mederma didn't help, any suggestions on getting rid of it, as I find it embarrassing.
I have some hair problem like my hare is so much rough and I can, t have hair growth I want some solution.
How to get rid of dark circles around eyes? I have them for 2 years since I started wearing glasses.
Sir, I am 22 and my hair starting to loose. It went from thick to thin all of a sudden. Are there any remedies to grow back the hair or stop the hair fall permanently?
I have acne spots how to get rid of it, I am very worried about it please tell me the solution of this problem.
I dont find growth in my hair for last 3 years even I take care well always thin, sometimes dandruff will come and go, heat body, irregular motion from childhood now age 24 for me. How to get rid of this and gain hair growth.
On my face many pimples are come and my height is not grow for 1 year. I am 16 year old. My blood group is A+.Height = 5.4 inch.
Sir, Any treatments for scars after plastic and reconstrucive surgery. Skin graft and free ld flap was done on right leg with ankle. Please suggest me treatment or some remedies for managing scars.
Sir, I have a hair fall problem. I tried many conditioners as consulted by dermatologist but my hairs are shading regularly. Please help me out or advice me.
Lybrate | Dr. Chinmay Halder speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY