Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Pregnancy and related Disorder
Treatment of Irregular Periods
Management of Pregnancy
Treatment of Ovarian Cysts
Management of Pregnancy Query
Management of Abortion
Treatment of Painful Periods
Avoiding Pregnancy Procedures
Treatment of Painful Sexual Intercourse
Treatment of Heavy Periods
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
Treatment of Breast Pain
Treatment of Vaginal Discharge
Treatment of Miscarriage
Treatment of Vaginal Itching
Treatment of Fertility
Treatment of Delayed Periods
Treatment of Vaginal Infection
Submit a review for Dr. Smitha SYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years female. My partner want to physical relationship with me. But I don't want physically attach to anyone what I do. Please solve my problem.
On 25 April I was with my boyfriend we didn't have sex only foreplay. But only for fraction of second he rubbed his penis over my vagina. After that immediately he removed it. I want to ask can I get pregnant thought this action. My period was on 11 April and till now it has not come. My exams are also going on.
I am female, 48, fair, diabetic since 2008, having periods regularly. My face is not clear, dark pigmentation on my cheeks, it looks am lost black, very little on whole face. I use sunscreens whenever go to work. I usually use gulabjal as toner then sunscreen then, term arif cream then face power of Lakme. Kindly suggest some remedy from clearer skin.
Hello doctor I had sex yesterday night we did unprotected sex but when his about to come he take it out his penis from vagina. Is there any chance of pregnancy?
Yesterday I had unprotected sex with my husband. I had 10 months old daughter and I doing best feeding for her. So I don't want pregnancy for next 2 years. I had Option 72 pill is it safe to take? And also I heard that option 72 pill Avoid pregnancy for up to three years? If it is the case could you please suggest which pill should I take to avoid pregnancy temporarily for next 2 years.
Hi , I am 36 5 weeks pregnant with my first baby having RH -ve and my husband RH ve . Gyne have given me anti D dose during 32nd week. Now Gyne is saying that I should not wait for delivery till 40th week. She wants me to deliver in 38th (/-) week by inducing. Please suggest whether I should go with her advice or wait for natural labor. Please help with your valuable advice. Thanks in advance.
Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex. She used to get her periods on 7 but till yet she doesn't get. Should we wait or do any pregnancy test, she is 20 years old. And is there any pill to avoid pregnancy if she doesn't get periods. Worried help please!
I am 29 years old (April 1988 born), my wife is 28 years old (Jan 1989 born). I was not thinking of starting a family for another 2-3 years as I want to be mentally prepared to raise a child, also want more settlement in my business. My wife thinks having baby after 30 years of age can result in problems like varicose veins (pain in lower part of leg), back pain and other things which are not fully cured and can remain lifelong affecting her health in case we plan for family planning after 30. My height is 5'7" Weight: 66 Kg Wife's height is 5'2.5" Weight: 49 Kg Just wanted to know what is a good age to have 1st child? Is there any complications of late pregnancy like at the age of 32-33 years old? What are the general things to be kept in mind before having a baby?
Hey I have serious issue that when me and my boyfriend having sex my vagina get swell so badly. This happens thrice What should I do please tell me.
Hi! My age is 23. I had unprotected sex on 19th June and took Unwanted 72 within 2 hrs. I was expecting my period on 23-25th June but now on 24th June I have got only one drop of blood (probably spotting) and extremely painful stomach cramps continuing till 26th June. During this entire week I had severe headache several times and vomiting once on 2nd day of taking pill. I am worried if the pill has worked or not? Are these early sign of pregnancy?
I had unprotected sex last night and it was my first day of period. The guy came inside me, so it is possible to get pregnant? Shall I take a contraceptive? But the thing is that if I take the pill I get the side effects of it and get my periods after 5 days and I took the contraceptive on 24th December 2016 What shall I do? And what are the chances of getting pregnant in a case like this?
Everybody is particular about how they look. Skin care has assumed great importance compared to a couple of decades ago. With skin care assuming so much, everybody talks of cleansing, scrubbing, toning, moisturising, what not! what we need to realise is that anything in excess is bad. Talking of scrubbing, it has been promoted as the perfect way to remove dead cells from the skin and keep the skin looking young and radiant. After scrubbing, the skin that is left behind is brand-new with fresh cells from the underlying layers, which glows out. While this is the intention, there are questions to ask in terms of – what to use for scrubbing, how often, ideal products, etc.
Scrubbing can be done chemically or physically. Chemical scrubs include products like salicylic acid, glycolic acid, lactic acid, or citric acid. These remove the dried, dead cells from the top and leave a radiant, fresh skin behind.
Physical scrubs use salts, almond, apricot peel, and tiny beads of microplastics. These microbeads are not just harmful to the skin, they are also not eco-friendly. Though not visible to the naked eye, these microbeads, as the name suggests, are small, tiny plastic beads which act as a physical scrub and help in removing the top layers of the skin. They get into the water as sediments and cannot be removed. When accumulated over a period of time, there is no way to get rid of them. Many products have been banned in australia and the usa for containing these microbeads.
Another thing to consider when scrubbing is the type of skin. While oily skin can take a little more of the scrubbing load, dry, flaky skin should not be over-scrubbed. Exfoliating agents can be used once in a while, but if you ask a dermatologist if your skin needs daily exfoliation, the answer would be a big no. Oily skin can benefit from gel-based scrubs, while dry skin can benefit from cream-based ones. If you have sensitive skin, use a mild exfoliating agent. There are multiple products being promoted as daily scrubs which are easy on the skin, but it is best to stay away from these for regular use.
Alternatively, there are multiple regular home/kitchen products which can be used as scrubs. Gram flour, milk cream, lime juice, sugar, oatmeal, ground coffee can be used periodically to get the same scrubbing effects. What is also important to note is it is not just the face that needs the scrubbing. Surfaces with thicker skin like the knees and elbows also benefit from occasional scrubbing.
The mantra is to not overdo it, but go with moderation and get the benefits of scrubbing with a glowing, radiant skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
My periods have not come since November, and I have taken pregnancy test and it says negative, prior to that in November last week I had candida infection which is now cleared. Please suggest help!
I have a breast lump since I was 19. It cause pain. After delivering my first child it it not causing pain any more. How much possibilities that it would be a cancerous lump?
Although a vegetable, garlic is primarily classified as a spice and is used in many dishes across cultures. However, apart from the pungent smell which is the most known characteristic of garlic, it also has medicinal properties and thus, was even used by healers for various ailments before the advent of modern medicine.
Some of the reasons garlic is considered healthy:
Garlic is considered healthy for a multitude of reasons. Let's look at some of the ailments that garlic can prevent as well as help in healing.
- Great Against Common Cold: Garlic and garlic based homemade treatments are great ways to ward off the common cold. Garlic contains the chemical "allicin" which is known to aid health within the body. Having a few cloves or garlic can help you fight the common cold infection.
- It is Known to Improve Bone Health: Garlic is known to be very beneficial for bone health, especially in menopausal women. Women may encounter bone loss during menopause as the production of estrogen is lowered. Garlic encourages estrogen production which can stop bone loss and even protect against bone problems such as osteoarthritis.
- Is an effective agent in Lowering Blood Pressure: Hypertension is a known killer all across the world. Garlic contains polysulfides which are effective in vasodilation or the widening of the blood vessels and also relaxation of the muscles. This helps blood pressure being lowered within the body and is an effective home remedy if consumed in controlled amounts.
- Reduces Fatigue and is a Performance Enhancer: Garlic is known to reduce fatigue within people as it controls the heart rate by lowering blood pressure. Whether it is an athletic performance or other physical work related performance requirements, this spice tends to give an extra boost.
- Controls LDL Cholesterol, thereby reducing chances of Heart Disease: LDL cholesterol, also known as bad cholesterol, is controlled by allicin as it improves liver functions. The liver can then break down LDL cholesterol easily and thus also helps in preventing arteriosclerosis. Garlic is also known to prevent blood clots that lead to heart attacks.
- Garlic has anti-parasitic and anti-bacterial properties: Garlic has been known throughout the ages to be an effective anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic agent. Garlic extracts or small amounts of garlic in your diet can help you build up immunity and also kill infections within your system effectively. It is also known to be very effective against tapeworm infestations within the gut. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.