Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smitha RamakrishnaYour feedback matters!
Hi sir Mai Khujali purani ho gayi hai lagabhag 5 month ki ilaj se fark nahi pad raha hai pls helf me sir
I suffer from hair fall condition on scalp I was taken treatment but there is no any effect, now what I do?
Everyday I saw some new pimples on my face I used many face washes but I can't get a little bit result I want to clear my face I don't use drugs, don't use fast food, walk daily 4 to 6 km and cycling Now i am using acne derma soap for face but its not working What should I do for this?
My hair is decreasing slowly in this age. I do not know y. Please tll. Me what should I do for my hair.
I am 20 years old. From last 2 years loosing my hair. Now my hair is thinning day by day. I am scared tht ill b come bald. My fore fathers also not having tis problem. Can I regrow my hair. Especially on forehead sides loosing too much. Plsss suggest something to get rid from this. Please help me out to regrow my hair
I am suffering from skin scar in axis, no pain, no any itching only scar is there. So tel me treatment mam plz.
I have many pimples in my face so how can I removed pimples in my face permanently So I have very good face.
Sir, I m facing the problem of pimples from last 10 years, yellowish pimple on my face, shoulder and back. After the breakthrough of that pimples thy turns black or red and there marks get remain basically on my face and nose get damage there are lots of big pores on my nose and cheeks too. I have used lots of medicines, consult with Dr. Safi syrup etc. But the effect of these are only the time period of the medicine taken, then the situation get same. Some hard and dry yellowish substance in my pores are always there, which I always try to remove by pressing them but its comes out regularly. My skin is very oily, and coz of oily food and the food which have lots of heat makes this situation worse. Plzzz suggest me something.
In my childhood days ,i have thick and dense hair. But now, I am studying college. My hair become very thin and to fall. I have very less dense hair. How can I increase my hair growth? I am a pure vegetarian.
Hello sir, i am 21 years old boy. Some few white hairs have started growing on my head. So I would like to know some home remedies for this? what all kind of food help me in getting rid of white hairs?
I have been having itchiness in my pubes and on the scrotum for about a month now. What could be the reason? Also is there a non itchy way of getting rid of pubes hair?
I have warts on my whole body I have tried lots of treatment but no results. please tell what to do for this.
Vitiligo is a skin disorder where white patches of depigmentation develop on the skin and keep enlarging. This disorder is long term and continuous in nature. The patches appear due to the death of melanocytes within the skin. Melanocytes are skin pigment producing cells, which produce melanin. Vitiligo can affect the skin of several areas, including the eyes, hair and the portion inside the mouth.
The causes of this disease are as follows:
- Autoimmune disorders in which the immune system of a patient becomes over reactive and the melanocytes are destroyed.
- This disease may also occur due to genetic oxidative stress imbalance.
- Stressful events may also lead to vitiligo.
- Harm or damage to the skin from sunburns or cuts also leads to vitiligo.
- Exposure of the skin to several harmful chemicals may be a cause.
- Neural disorders are also responsible for vitiligo.
- Vitiligo may also happen from viral causes or may be hereditary and passed on from family members.
Vitiligo has only one major symptom. White, flat spots and patches develop on the surface of the skin. The earliest of these white patches appear on the parts of the body which are exposed to the sun continuously.
It starts off as a simple spot in the beginning and gradually, the spot starts getting pale and finally turns white. The patches have irregular shapes, and in some cases the edges get inflamed and are red in color. Itchiness is experienced in the affected areas. Symmetrical patches signify slow development of vitiligo.
The two major types of vitiligo are:
- Non segmental vitiligo, which affects the back of the hand, the arms, knees, elbows, feet, mouth.
- Segmental vitiligo, which is more stable than non segmental vitiligo, but spreads faster. It usually affects areas of the skin, which are attached to nerves.
The different methods of treatment for vitiligo are:
- Phototherapy with UVB and UVA light: Exposing the affected area of the skin to UVB lamps is a popular cure for vitiligo. This treatment can be performed easily at home. UVA treatment incorporates taking of a drug which makes the skin more sensitive to ultraviolet light and then the skin is exposed to high doses of UVA light.
- Skin Camouflage: Cosmetic creams and makeup can be used to camouflage affected areas of the skin. These topical creams are waterproof.
- Depigmentation: Depigmentation is used to treat widespread areas affected by vitiligo. The skin color of the unaffected areas is reduced in order to match the affected areas. It is done using topical ointments.
Vitiligo is a skin disease, the major causes of which are still to be discovered. Proper care and treatment should be taken for skin areas affected by vitiligo.