Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Child Growth Management
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
How to get rid off perpetual prolonged cough and how to get rid off sneezing and allergy? What is exactly dengue fever and how to control it? Please tell me.
I am 15 years old boy I want to grow height to reach my goal what to do and I have right hand finger pain so I need a solution.
My daughter is 13 years old. Eventhough she is regularly doing bed wetting. All this happens with out knowledge of her. She is very depressed for this act. It there any solution. Which specialist should I consult.
Hi, My baby is 3 months old he's exclusively on breastfeed and once a while I give him formula milk. I need to leave him and go for 2 nights. Is it advisable to leave and go the baby also does that affect the milk supply of the mother child breast feeding relation?
Boy 2 years old. What is the pathology in his teeth. this problem is since when teeth started coming. Its painful and he is aggravated while eating and aml by rubbing his teeth when his mom rubs his teeth Today he was eating papaya and uska ek teeth toot gya that is uska ye milk teeth h and so early why is it so and what is the cause he is also suffering from convulsive attack. When attack comes he close his hand tightly and teeth locked and dyspnoea is seen. After attack he is prostrated and sleeps . Attack occurs with any kind of loud noise Please guide.
My 11 months baby is having fever since yesterday, I just gave him chloramphenical syrup and fenceta syrup. But still no sign of fever gone down. What should I give him?
His birth weight is 3.25. And he is crying in night daily. My pediatrician said its stomach pain and gave him colimex. Shall I give him when he is crying more.
My son is 5/half year old , every day he is having a gas problem every time he is feel vomiting so he doesn't want to have his food please help me. Since last 2 year.
Which baby doesn't spit up their food! This is usually not a reason to worry, but if this spitting up is chronic and is accompanied by other symptoms it is known as Gastroesophageal reflux disease or GERD. Severe GERD can cause weight loss and breathing problems and thus, should not be ignored.
Reflux occurs when food is pushed out of the stomach and back up the esophagus. This is usually because the digestive system in babies is not yet fully developed. Vomiting often during the day is one of the most common symptoms of GERD. Other symptoms include:
- A persistent cough
- Choking or gagging while eating
- Refusing to eat
- Crying while feeding
- Pain in the stomach
Most cases of GERD can be diagnosed by its symptoms and a look at the baby's medical history. In some cases, additional tests may be required, such as:
- Barium swallow: The child is given a chalky substance to drink. This highlights the esophagus, stomach and upper part of the small intestines in a special X-ray. It is used to check if there are any blockages in the digestive system.
- pH probe: A long, thin tube with a probe at one end is put down the child's throat. This is kept in the esophagus for 24 hours. The probe measures the levels of acidity in the stomach. This test is usually done when the child complains of breathing problems along with reflux.
- Upper GI endoscopy: Here the doctor puts a thin, flexible tube down the child's throat. At one end of the tube is a camera that allows the doctor to look into the esophagus, stomach and small intestine.
- Gastric emptying study: One of the causes of reflux is the slow emptying of the stomach. To check this, the doctor will mix a radioactive chemical with the baby's milk that allows a special camera to follow its path down the digestive system.
In most cases, GERD can be treated by making a few lifestyle changes. Some of these are:
- Raise the head of the baby's crib
- After feeding the baby, do not let him lie down, but hold him upright for half an hour or so.
- Change his feeding schedule
- Ask your doctor if you can try giving him solid food. Else, check if you can thicken his feed with cereal.
- Make the baby burp after feeding
Most infants outgrow this condition within a year, so do not stress yourself and enjoy life with your baby.