Find numerous Dentists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dentists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Smitha HemanthYour feedback matters!
Hi Actually my cutting teeth's (2) are totally damaged now it is paining what can I do for life long relief.
I brushed my teeth very hard and now my gums are bleeding. Is it normal or should I consult a doctor. I also have mann cavities.
I am having stomach upset problem probably cuz I was taking less water intake and now I have'chaala' on edge of my tongue and now when eat something with chilli I feel its burn through out my throat. sensation is for a second only but it sucks. I face stomach related problem alot but this one is new. Burning sensation in throat.
I am suffering from ulcers. They are always troubling me, nd come back after 4 to 5 days. How can I remove them permanently?
I have general discomfort and pain while I open the jaw (left side). When my jaw is closed I feel a weird kind of dullness and heaviness on my left face (including my eyes). My temples almost always hurt on palpation (both). Even my eyebrows hurt when I press them. (Sharp pain). My jaw deviates a little sometimes when I open it, though at other times it is not noticeable. Also opening of the jaw isn' t as smooth as it used to be, I have make conscious effort to open the jaw and while I open it, it hurts. I have been suspecting TMJ disorder, but couldn' t make out if it is muscle related or bone related. Also, could it be TN? I am 24 year old male and have been suffering from it since last 6 months.
I have got teeth implant on left upper jaw. But sometimes there is severe pain like electric shock which goes to brain.But it occurs only when i eat or drink something. Pl advise.
After tooth brushing a thin jelly like mucous membrane peeling off from side wall of the mouth. But no pain or damage. Can I know why? and is it normal?
Is there any good alternative for Orthodontic for proper teeth alignment? If Orthodontic is the only solution then is it possible to complete in 4-5 Months. And suggest best Price?
My son have been diagnosed infection with increase in TLC and DLC. Having fever and mouth ulcer. Twice in a month. Doctor have given him ammunace syrup and aculav syrup. please let me know the reason, symptoms, and precaution about infection.
What are the remedies for tooth decay? How we can prevent it? Whether there is any home ingredient to avoid it?
I am a behaving a age 21 years I am having a problem in my teeth from 2 weeks it is paining how will get relif from it? Suggest.
Teeth stains are a major inconvenience as a well as harmful for your teeth. Teeth stains can occur due to consuming certain foods and drinks. It can also be caused due to unhealthy lifestyle choices, such as not brushing teeth or flossing.
Here a few tips to how to prevent teeth stains. Read on more to find out all about them:
- Practicing healthy habits: It is a good idea to brush, or use a mouthwash after a having a meal. Keep in mind that the foods and drinks mentioned below can stain your teeth more than others. Coffee or tea, soda, red and white wine, grape or cranberry juice, blueberries, beets, soya sauce and tomato sauce cause teeth stains so while consuming them keep in mind to always brush floss or wash your mouth after consuming these.
- Drinking with a straw: Drinking with a straw keeps away the stains from your mouth as the liquid doesn't go near the visible front surfaces of the teeth.
- Brush, floss and rinse with an antibacterial mouthwash: By brushing, flossing and rinsing with a mouthwash on a regular basis you reduce the growth of the bacteria called plaque. Plaque is sticky in nature and promotes the formation of teeth stains. By eradicating plaque you also prevent teeth stains.
- Get your teeth professionally cleaned: Make sure to visit a dentist at least twice a year. Even while maintaining your teeth by regular brushing, flossing and mouthwash, getting your teeth professionally cleaned is beneficial and can help you guard against teeth stains.
- Using teeth whitening kits: At-home teeth whitening kits are available in local drugstores, which help in preventing teeth stains. They usually cause slight discomfort, which goes away in a few days' time.
- Professional tooth whitening: You can also get your teeth whitened by your dentist. In this procedure, the dentist applies a bleaching agent to your teeth after applying a rubber shield on your gums. This procedure usually takes a single or in some instances multiple visits to perform.
Well, oil pulling is an ancient remedy that uses oils, such as coconut oil to clean and detoxify your mouth of germs and bacteria. It is one of the simplest technique, which you can do without a hassle.
To do oil pulling, all you have to do is take one spoon of coconut oil in your mouth for about 10-20 minutes every day and swish it inside the mouth. Swishing it will help remove the germs and all those small pieces of food that gets lodged away inside the teeth. Timing is the key here. Because you have to ensure that it is long enough to break through the plaque and bacteria and absorb toxins, but not so long that it reabsorbs toxins!
Spit it out in a trash can, as coconut oil can solidify in the drains! Rinse well with warm or normal water.
Once that?s done, it is recommended that you brush your teeth thoroughly. You will notice that your teeth will become smoother and shinier. Slowly and steadily, they will become whiter as well.
And don't worry! Unlike other practices, this remedy isn't based on pseudo-science. In fact, researchers suggest that it is actually beneficial and helps in problems such as gingivitis, plaque, microorganisms and reduce problems like bad-breath or gum issues.
While it is incredibly beneficial, it is recommended that oil pulling shouldn't be used as a substitute for regular dental cleaning. So, make sure that you are always brushing your teeth on a regular basis to keep your mouth cleaner, fresher and healthier than ever!
If you have any more questions on this topic, click on consult privately to ask me.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.