Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Smita
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SmitaYour feedback matters!
Why it's important that your child's diet is calcium-rich
Calcium is an inevitable part of your child's diet. You cannot afford to skip it if you wish to maintain a healthy lifestyle for your child. It is recommended that children between the ages of 9 and 18 should get approximately 1300 milligrams of calcium every day. Calcium-rich diet is important for your child for a number of reasons.
- Calcium helps in building strong bones and teeth for your child.
- It is important in order to ensure proper functioning of your child's muscles and nerves.
- Calcium plays a vital role in the release of such hormones and enzymes in your child's body that convert the food he eats into energy.
- It is also helpful in causing the blood to clot whenever your child gets bruised.
- Since your child is continuously growing, a calcium-rich diet ensures an adequate supply of resources that help him to develop new bones that are healthy and strong.
- A calcium-rich diet is also essential as far as other bodily functions like muscle contraction, blood vessel constriction and relaxation are concerned.
What does lack of a calcium do to your child's body?
- Lack of calcium can cause bone diseases like osteoporosis in your girl child, thus exposing her to a greater risk of weakened bones and possibility of fractures.
- If your child is a young kid and his diet lacks calcium or vitamin d, which absorbs calcium, he is exposed to the threats of the bone-softening disease called rickets. It can cause in him bowing of the legs, muscle pain and poor growth.
- Bones are living tissues that change constantly, old bones keep getting replaced by newer ones and a calcium-rich diet aids this procedure. Therefore without an adequate supply of calcium, this process would borrow minerals from existing bones, thus weakening them and exposing them to increased risks of fracture.
- Lack of calcium also increases risks of cardiovascular diseases, damaged gums, high blood pressure, ovarian and breast cancer and several other infirmities in your child in his later years.
My nephew 1 month 12 days old. He is suffering from rubella syndrome. Heart eye and ear effected. Your advice in this regard is highly applicable.
Fever is returning in every 4 hrs for my 17 months old baby . We have been giving him ibugesic plus . Kindly advise asap.
My son is not drinking water, he always prefer milk. He doesn't found water tasty as milk. What to do so that he may drink water.
As my son was born in eight months, will there be any Problem either physically or mentally? he is going to reach his eleventh month. He is active and normal now. What about his future? I heard that there will be less memory power for pre matured babies. Is it true?
She is not having milk in one of her breast. What will be the best supplement to increase milk for baby feeding.
My son 12 month age usko last 5 days se sardi jukaam or khasi ho rahi he jiske karan usko naak se saas lene me bahut jyada dikkat he raat ko bahut jyada khar khar karta he so nai paa raha sirf muh se saas le raha he uska treatment chal raha he lekin me satisfied nai hu Yeh syrup he jo chal rahi he cefolac Macbery junior Ibugesic plus Recofast Planokuf please koi suggestion dijiye I am so worried.
My child age 1 years has some skin problem such as pimples on whole body from last six months. We have consulted Dr. many times but still the problem has not resolved permanently. It has recurrence again and again can we have solution for this problem. Prescribed medicines are as follows: hydroxyzine oral solution crotorax HC After medicines are stopped problem reoccurring again and again.
1)Following vaccine injections the child may have soreness, redness, itching, swelling or burning at the injection site for 24-72 hours. Don't rub or maasage the effected area.Application of ice bag will provide some help.Paracetamol might be required to ease the discomfort.
Sometimes a small, hard lump (nodule) at the injection site may
persist for some weeks or months. One should not get worried for this and it does not require any treatment.
2)Post vaccination rise in temperature is very common. Give extra fluids to drink. Do not overdress the baby if hot. Although routine use of paracetamol after vaccination is not recommended, if fever is present, paracetamol can be given. The dose of paracetamol for a child up to 12 years of age is 15 mg/kg/dose, every 4 to 6 hours, up to four times a day.
If fever persists for longer duration,swelling/redness progressively increases or child becomes irritable/ behaves abnormally consult your pediatrician for evaluation.