Book Clinic Appointment with Mr. Slp Sanjay Kumar
Treatment of Stammering
Speech Therapy Treatment
Hearing Aid Fitting
Treatment of Throat and Voice Problems
Treatment of Voice Disorders
Treatment of Speech Impairment
Treatment of Hearing, Speech Impairment
Treatment of Vocal Cord Paralysis
Treatment of Speech Disorders
Submit a review for Mr. Slp Sanjay KumarYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
- Audiologist And Speech Language Pathologist/Speech Therapist will be registered with Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI) not by any medical council .You can google after writing “Rehabilitation Council of India” to know more.
- After Googling with: “SLP Sanjay Kumar Video” you will find many videos treated by the author of this article at you tube that will give an idea how a Speech Language Pathologist/Audiologist changes the life of people having Speech disorders/Voice disorders.
- Also watch these video to know how and expert in Speech Pathology (certified Speech Pathologist/Speech therapist/Speech Language Pathologist) changes the life of people having Speech disorders/Voice disorders: http://www.speechtherapyindia.in/videos.html
- The College from where they studied will be affiliated by RCI Also.
- Their online profile will be having information about the college and University both not only University .
- The confident professional with valid degree will also mention the degrees/training from bachelor (BASLP/B.Sc Speech & Hearing) with other higher qualification.
- Professional with valid degree if they have PhD they will mention the subject also in which they did PhD instead of writing only PhD.
- Quacks will never display their degree in Audiology and Speech language Pathology at their Clinic. Most of the time they will also scared to put their profile picture at online portal or any other places.
- In google search quack specially claiming cure for stammering will mention they are Speech Pathologist/Speech Hearing Specialist with their business name but once you explore in details about them you will find they are quacks . Few quacks will tell that they are Ex-Stammerer who developed his own techniques and cured himself his stammering and now curing others. Also they will not hesitate to write with their business name Speech Hearing Specialist/Speech Language Pathologist to attract innocent people with stammering. Many quacks will say they are ex-stammerer and without having training in speech language pathology they will write about themselves speech pathologist/speech therapist/doctor designation in India and run stammering cure center, speech therapy center ,stammering care center and conduct stammering correction classes/Communication Workshop due to lack of awareness. Some of this quack will take guarantee for stammering cure/therapy. Truth is different. There is no 100% cure for stammering. Scientific research published by American Speech Language Hearing Association based on more than 100 studies on adults who stutter concluded that significant improvement typically occurs as a result of treatment/Speech therapy in 60to 80% of cases. You can find the original article by putting "treatment efficacy stuttering" in google search also.
- Do you know apart from Speech Language Pathologist/ Speech Therapist /Audiologist, another professional “Speech and Hearing Technicians” exist in India.These “Speech and Hearing Technicians” will be having:1.DIPLOMA COURSE IN HEARING, LANGUAGE & SPEECH (DHLS) 2 According to RCI ,DURATION OF THE DHLS PROGRAMME is One academic year consisting of 10 working months excluding examination days.Speech Language Pathologists/ Speech Therapists /Audiologists are not Speech and Hearing Technicians and Speech and Hearing Technicians are not Speech Language Pathologists/ Speech Therapists /Audiologists .Ref/Details : http://www.rehabcouncil.nic.in/writereaddata/DHLS%20Annex3%20Curriculum%20Final(1).pdf
- The above information are just to get an idea. There may be acceptation also.
- A lesson for those those who want to become healthcare quack including fake Audiologist and Speech Pathologist must read: https://thelogicalindian.com/health/quack-epilepsy-specialist-sent-to-prison-by-court/
Introduction: Stammering also known as stuttering is the fluency disorder of speech and is characterized by disruptions in the production of speech sounds.
K- K- K- Kiran is may friend" (Part-word repetition).
"RRRR am is may brother "(sound prolongation).
I'll meet you - um um you know like - around six o'clock." (A series of interjections: The person expects to have difficulty smoothly joining the word "you" with the word "around." In response to the anticipated difficulty, he produces several interjections until he is able to say the word "around" smoothly.)
There may be some associated behavior, apart from non fluent speech, like eye blinking, jaw pressing, hand movement, leg movement and poor eye contacts.
Must watch these video to know how and expert in Speech Pathology (certified Speech Pathologist/Speech therapist/Speech Language Pathologist) changes the life of people having Speech disorders including stammering: http://www.speechtherapyindia.in/videos.html
How is stammering diagnosed?
Diagnosing stuttering requires the skills of a certified speech-language pathologist (SLP). Some time patient reach to physician also. In such case most of the physician refer to Speech Language Pathologist for detail assessment and management. Most of the time parents confused between normal non fluency and stammering. Here SLPs evaluation will help to remove such confusion.
Factors that are noted by many specialists include the following:
- a family history of stuttering
- stuttering that has continued for 6 months or longer
- presence of other speech or language disorders
- strong fears or concerns about stuttering on the part of the child or the family
What are the main causes of stammering ?
When we speak there are hundred of muscles of our body like breathing muscles, laryngeal muscles, muscles of lips , tongue, palate and jaw works in coordinated way. If coordination among these muscles due to any reason goes fluency of speech will be affected. Means those who stammer will having problem in coordinating speech production muscles with brain.
What treatments are available for stammering?
Speech Language Pathologists teach people who stutter to control and/or monitor the rate at which they speak. In addition, people may learn to start saying words in a slightly slower and less physically tense manner. They may also learn to control or monitor their breathing. When learning to control speech rate, people often begin by practicing smooth, fluent speech at rates that are much slower than typical speech, using short phrases and sentences. Over time, people learn to produce smooth speech at faster rates, in longer sentences, and in more challenging situations until speech sounds both fluent and natural. "Follow-up" or "maintenance" sessions are often necessary after completion of formal intervention to prevent relapse.
Is there any medicine or surgery will help in stammering management?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has not approved any drug for the treatment of stuttering. However, some drugs that are approved to treat other health problems such as epilepsy, anxiety, or depression have been used to treat stuttering. These drugs often have side effects that make them difficult to use over a long period of time. In a recent study funded by the NIDCD researchers concluded that drug therapy has been largely ineffective in controlling stuttering.
Is there 100% Cure for Stammering?
There is no 100% cure for stammering, although few healthcare quacks are making such false claim like cure in 2 weeks etc. Scientific research published by American Speech Language Hearing Association based on more than 100 studies on adults who stutter concluded that significant improvement typically occurs as a result of treatment/Speech therapy in 60to 80% of cases. You can find the original article by putting "treatment efficacy stuttering" in google search also.
Speech therapy result may vary with the type of problem, severity of problem and age of the person. There are some examples of relapse also after speech therapy.
How do I know who are speech language pathologist /speech therapist in India?
These are the professionals trained for the assessment and treatment of various Speech and Hearing Disorders. They should have the following qualification:
- B.Sc. (Hons )Speech and Hearing/B.Sc. Speech and Hearing/Bachelor in Audiology and speech language Pathology(BASLP)
- M.Sc. Speech Language Pathology/M.Sc. Speech and Hearing/ MASLP
- Certified by Rehabilitation Council of India (RCI)
- Drink plenty of water. About eight glasses a day.
- Limit your intake of drinks that include alcohol or caffeine.
- Avoid smoking.
- Do not cradle the phone when talking. Cradling the phone between the head and shoulder for extended periods of time can cause muscle tension in the neck.
- Exercise regularly. Exercise increases stamina and muscle tone. This helps provide good posture and breathing, which are necessary for proper speaking.
- Get enough rest. Physical fatigue has a negative effect on voice.
- Avoid talking in noisy places. Trying to talk above noise causes strain on the voice.
- Avoid mouthwash or gargles that contain irritating chemicals.
- Use mic in clsarom or other similar places.
- Practice good breathing techniques when singing or talking.
What is a hearing aid?
A hearing aid is an electronic device that we can wear in or behind our ear. It helps a person with hearing loss to listen, communicate effectively. A hearing aid has three basic parts: a microphone, amplifier, and speaker. The hearing aid receives sound through a microphone, which converts the sound waves to electrical signals and sends them to an amplifier. The amplifier increases the power of the signals and then sends them to the ear through a speaker.
How hearing aids help?
Hearing aids are useful in improving the hearing and speech comprehension of people who have hearing loss that results from damage to the small sensory cells in the inner ear, called hair cells. This type of hearing loss is called sensorineural hearing loss. The damage can occur as a result of disease, aging, or injury from noise or certain medicines.
A hearing aid magnifies sound vibrations entering the ear. Surviving hair cells detect the larger vibrations and convert them into neural signals that are passed along to the brain. The greater the damage to a person’s hair cells, the more severe the hearing loss, and the greater the hearing aid amplification needed to make up the difference. However, there are practical limits to the amount of amplification a hearing aid can provide. In addition, if the inner ear is too damaged, even large vibrations will not be converted into neural signals. In this situation, a hearing aid would be ineffective.
How can I find out if I need a hearing aid?
If you think you might have hearing loss and could benefit from a hearing aid, visit an Audiologist. An Audiologist is a hearing health professional who identifies and measures hearing loss and will perform a hearing test to assess the type and degree of loss and dispenses the hearing aids if needed.
What are the different styles of hearing aids?
Behind-the-ear (BTE) hearing aids consist of a hard plastic case worn behind the ear and connected to a plastic ear mold that fits inside the outer ear. The electronic parts are held in the case behind the ear. Sound travels from the hearing aid through the ear mold and into the ear. BTE aids are used by people of all ages for mild to profound hearing loss.
Behind-the-Ear Aid: Open Fitting
A small plastic case rests behind the ear, and a very fine clear tube runs into the ear canal. Inside the ear canal, a small, soft silicone dome or a molded, highly vented acrylic tip holds the tube in place. These aids offer cosmetic and listening advantages and are used typically for adults.
These aids look very similar to the behind-the-ear hearing aid with a unique difference: the speaker of the hearing aid is placed inside the ear canal, and thin electrical wires replace the acoustic tube of the BTE aid. These aids also offer cosmetic and listening advantages and are typically used for adults.
The in-the-canal (ITC) hearing aid is made to fit the size and shape of a person’s ear canal. A completely-in-canal (CIC)hearing aid is nearly hidden in the ear canal. They usually are not recommended for young children .They are the smallest aids available and offer some cosmetic and listening advantages.
Do all hearing aids work the same way?
Hearing aids work differently depending on the electronics used. The two main types of electronics are analog and digital.
Analog aids convert sound waves into electrical signals, which are amplified. Analog/adjustable hearing aids are custom built to meet the needs of each user. The aid is programmed by the manufacturer according to the specifications recommended by your audiologist. Analog/programmable hearing aids have more than one program or setting. An audiologist can program the aid using a computer, and you can change the program for different listening environments—from a small, quiet room to a crowded restaurant to large, open areas, such as a theater or stadium. Analog/programmable circuitry can be used in all types of hearing aids. Analog aids usually are less expensive than digital aids.
Digital aids convert sound waves into numerical codes, similar to the binary code of a computer, before amplifying them. Because the code also includes information about a sound’s pitch or loudness, the aid can be specially programmed to amplify some frequencies more than others.
Digital circuitry gives an audiologist more flexibility in adjusting the aid to a user’s needs and to certain listening environments. These aids also can be programmed to focus on sounds coming from a specific direction. Digital circuitry can be used in all types of hearing aids.
Which hearing aid will work best for me?
The hearing aid that will work best for you depends on the kind and severity of your hearing loss. If you have a hearing loss in both of your ears, two hearing aids are generally recommended because two aids provide a more natural signal to the brain. Hearing in both ears also will help you understand speech and locate where the sound is coming from.
You and your audiologist should select a hearing aid that best suits your needs and lifestyle. Price is also a key consideration because hearing aids range from few thousand to lakhs. Similar to other equipment purchases, style and features affect cost. However, don’t use price alone to determine the best hearing aid for you. Just because one hearing aid is more expensive than another does not necessarily mean that it will better suit your needs.
A hearing aid will not restore your normal hearing. With practice, however, a hearing aid will increase your awareness of sounds and their sources. You will want to wear your hearing aid regularly, so select one that is convenient and easy for you to use. Other features to consider include parts or services covered by the warranty, estimated schedule and costs for maintenance and repair, and the hearing aid company’s reputation for quality and customer service.