Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sitaraman Sundaresan
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Sitaraman SundaresanYour feedback matters!
This rare congenital condition is charraterized by markedly increased density of bone, the whole skeletion being affected with the possible exception of the mandible.
Two forms are recognized. The first is a severe usually fatal form with leuko erythroblastic anaemin or pancytopenia compensatory enlargemen of liver speen, brittle bones, multiple cranial palsies; this form is autosomal recessive in inheritance. The second milder form, the orginal albers schonberg disease, is caused by a dominant gene the bony involvement may be milder less widespread.
The abnormal bone structure is charaterized by disorderly architecture with thickend closely packed trabecula zones or osteochondroid material: hypercalcification of cartilage has been noted.
* onset is slow progressive. Usually one or two joints are involved in the begining.
* pain is at first intermittent aching type.
* larer on hip, knee etc, are involved.
* pain is better by rest.
* limitation of movenments.
Risk factors for osteoporosis
* postmenopausal women, most common.
* hypothalamic amenorrhoea. Athletes, anorexia nervosa.
* cigarrette smoking.
* renal disease.
* lack of exercise.
* malabsorption syndrome.
* osteoporosis is a strightforward diagnosis for those with obvious osteopenia on x - ray pathologic fractures.
* plain x - ray, however, is typically a poor way of diagnosing osteoporsis as much must be lost before it is deteced. Thus, the lrst of choice is dual energy x- ray absorptiometry dexa, which is non in invastive eary to perform.
Calcium supplementation is recommended 1500mg elemental calcium per day.
* vitmin d deficiency should also be treated.
* bed rest till active inflmmation subsides.
* hot fomentation to relieve joint pain.
* ressume normal activity gradually.
* aviod sunlight.