Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Siri.V.RagavendraYour feedback matters!
Hi doc, I have irregular periods since 2 months. Dec 30 was my due date I still did not get period. I am not pregnant either as it came negative with hpt Hence please help me as what is the status now.
Sir, I am female 32 years old undergoing IVF treatment feeling so much of stress how can I get rid of it.
Hi doctor, I am breastfeeding my 1 year old baby girl. I would like to stop it asap. But she asks it more nowadays. She doesn't drink cow's milk either in feeding bottle r in glass. Suggest me some tips how to make her forget my milk.
I am 28 years female and resides in Delhi. I have missed my period and today is 31st day, Generally my cycle was for 28 days only. Today I am experiencing that something brown spots on my undies. Please advise what will be the cause, 5 days back I have check pregnancy test thru kit and its negative, so I am confuse here.
Brown vaginal discharge. Very little. A bit of pain in legs, thighs. And near pubic regions. Is that sign of pregnancy? Please tell me.
PMS is one of the worst food sensitive diseases. Symptoms include moodiness, bloating and headache. All it takes is one symptom to crop up for the whole body to go down. While environmental changes and preventive measures play a crucial role in dealing with this condition, careful choice of food goes a long way in keeping PMS under control. Here is a list of some best and worst food for PMS:
Foods that are Good During PMS:
- Brussels sprouts, Artichokes and Broccoli: These veggies with high fibre content are known to ease bloating. Furthermore, the high water content of these veggies effectively deals with gas, discomfort, and puffiness. The idea is to refrain from foods with high sodium content that only contributes to the suffering.
- Quinoa, what berry and popcorn: These foods help to deal with a short temper which is a very common occurring of PMS. Some other good effects of a high carb diet such as these include fighting anxiousness, depression and maintain composure. Consuming whole grain on a daily basis also helps to keep the mood cheerful. This happens because of the added secretion of the feel good factor hormone called serotonin.
- Banana: Many women tend to face sleep disturbances before the period sets in. A recent study at the John Hopkins University found that less sleep before the period makes a woman susceptible to cramps and discomfort. Banana contains melatonin. The latter helps the body maintain its natural rhythm.
- Eggs: The cravings during PMs can be very difficult to handle. It is therefore very important to start the day a very healthy breakfast. The right amount of protein and healthy fat present in an egg helps to keep the body energised throughout the day. Scrambled egg and an ounce of chicken is a perfect answer to PMs craving.
Some foods to avoid during PMS:
- Processed fats: Processed fat contains a lot of processed fats, sodium and salt. Processed fats make a woman puffy and increment bloating. Processed foods contain very high protein content that becomes very difficult for the body to process during PMS.
- Sugary foods: Craving for sugary food is pretty normal during PMS. However, too much sugar consumption during PMS fluctuate the blood sugar level. They also aggravate tension and mood swings. The latest study has found that refined sugar can disturb the immune system and creates a lot of fatigue in a woman.
- Caffeine: Restricting caffeine during the period can help prevent the cramps and bloating. Certain caffeine such as coffee, cigarettes and chocolate can aggravate breast tenderness, anxiety, and depression. What's more, they systematically create a craving for sweet and other caffeine-related stuff. A better alternative to caffeine during PMs is herbal and green tea, water and fruit juice. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Am 6months pregnancy. Can you suggest me some healthy food items and what I have do for having a normal delivery.
I had missed my period and clinic test showed positive but I do not have nausea nor do I vomit nor gag to any smell. What usual things happen with people like vomiting is not happening with me. I am worried if everything is fine or not or am I really pregnant or not. Clinic test was positive when I was already 7weeks, till then I didn't realise I was pregnant.
I think m suffering with lukkorhea. M having thick discharge some times. And thin white discharge daily. M suffering from indigestion weight loose hair fall. Is there any test for lukkorhea. Which doctor shud I see for it.
If I had the history of benign serous cystadenoma will there be any problem in future .I was operated when I was 17 and my right ovary was removed. Now I am 26 and trying to conceive. Please guide me if any precautions need to be taken.
My wife periods comes around 8 to 10 of every month. But this time still periods not came. She checked thrice (including today also) by pregnancy test kit. But every time result is negative. Pls suggest what is the issue?
Alcohol Consumption During Pregnancy
In today's world, it is fairly common for women to drink alcohol at various social get togethers. Women are keen to know the effects of social drinking on their pregnancy and have a lot of queries regarding the same during and after the pregnancy is over.
How do we measure alcoholic drinks?
Alcohol is traditionally measured in units.One unit of alcohol is defined as 10 ml of pure ethanol in UK, and as 10 grams (12.7 ml) in Australia.One unit is the amount of alcohol the average adult can process within an hour. This means that if the average adult drinks a drink with one unit of alcohol in it, within an hour there should in theory be no alcohol left in their bloodstream, but that length of time could differ depending on a person's body size.
The alcohol content in drinks is also expressed as a percentage of the whole drink. If you take a look at the label of a bottle of wine or a can of lager you will see either a percentage, followed by the abbreviation 'ABV' which stands for alcohol by volume, or sometimes just the word 'vol'. So, wine that says '13 ABV' on its label contains 13% pure alcohol.
An average bottle of wine is about 12% strength. A bottle of whisky is about 40% strength. The higher the percentage, the more alcohol a drink has in it. A glass of whisky, therefore, is stronger than a glass of wine.
One must keep in mind that drinks poured at home tend to be larger measures than those provided in pubs and restaurants.
The maximum number of units of alcohol permitted for a non-pregnant woman is
14 units per week.
- Light drinking is defined as under 2 units a day.
- Heavy drinking is defined as over 6 units a day.
Binge drinking is having more than 5 units on any single occasions. This may make you drunk faster and more prone to unprotected sex, infections and accidents. Hence binge drinking is considered more harmful.
How does alcohol affect pregnancy?
The alcohol gets absorbed from a woman's stomach into her blood and then passes into the baby's blood through the placenta and umbilical cord. When a woman is drinking regularly during her pregnancy, it can disrupt the baby's normal development in the uterus.
Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can affect not only the way the baby develops in the uterus but also her health at birth and the baby's susceptibility to illness in infancy, childhood, adolescence and adult life. Some children born to heavily alcoholic mothers may experience learning difficulties in their adult life.
The effects of drinking alcohol are most harmful for the baby when a woman drinks just before and during early pregnancy. When she cuts down or stops drinking at any point during pregnancy, it can make a positive difference to the baby's growth. However, sometimes once the damage has been done, it cannot be reversed.
If you are a heavy drinker and then stop drinking immediately, you could experience side effects such as withdrawal, delirium and other difficulties. So if you want to stop drinking, you should discuss this first with your doctor, who will be able to help you to manage any side effects.
How much is safe to drink during pregnancy?
We do not have very clear understanding as to the absolute amount which is safe during pregnancy so to avoid even the minimum harm to the baby we recommend not to drink at all during pregnancy or while you are trying for a baby.
If at all you do drink, you should:
1) not drink more than a safe amount, which is defined as not more than one or two units, not more than once or twice per week .
2) avoid binge drinking and becoming drunk.
3) Try and pour your own drinks so you know exactly how much alcohol has gone into your glass.
4) preferably drink at home.
What happens if you are drinking too much during your pregnancy?
If you are drinking more than two units on more than two occasions a week, then there is an increased risk of:
- miscarriage (associated with more than 6 units of alcohol per day)
- stillbirth at any gestational age
- poor growth and development of the baby in the womb. It may even affect the baby's brain development which cannot be reversed later on.
- the baby may be born too early or too small.
- the baby being affected with a physical disability after birth or having learning difficulties.
- the baby may be more susceptible to illness later on in adult life.
After birth a baby born to a heavily alcoholic mother can have various learning difficulties, low academic achievement, behavior or, psychiatric problems and physical disabilities.
What is fetal alcohol syndrome?
It is a very uncommon syndrome and does not occur unless the woman drinks very heavily throughout pregnancy (over 6 units a day). Once the baby is born, there is no cure for fetal alcohol syndrome.A diagnosis of fetal alcohol syndrome is made only after the baby's birth.
What is fetal alcohol spectrum disorder?
Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder is a milder form of fetal alcohol syndrome and occurs when a woman drinks more than 2 units a day during her pregnancy.
Whether or not a baby is affected mildly or severely with FASD is directly linked to how much and how often a woman drinks during her pregnancy. If drinking is reduced and a woman stays within the recommended limit, some of the potentially damaging effects can be reversed. The baby will begin to grow normally in the womb.
What happens if you or your partner drink too much before you are pregnant?
If you are planning a pregnancy, it is advisable to stay within a safe limit during this time. Alcohol can adversely affect a woman and a man's ability to conceive and may lead to early miscarriage.
However one single episode of binge drinking around the time of conception is not likely to be harmful to a woman or her baby.
heavy drinking is known to be associated with a low sperm count. If your husband is drinking heavily, you may find it more difficult to conceive as a couple.
Even when you are breastfeeding you should ideally not drink at all or keep to less than two units as alcohol is excreted in breast milk and may affect the baby's development.
I got married in march month and trying to get baby every month I got periods properly without any issues 28 days cycle is proper but this month still I don't get periods three days past away. I waiting for get pregnant. I don't know whether I m pregnant or not. Please guide me.
सर्दियों के मौसम में में खांसी व मोटापे से बचने के लिए निम्न लिखित पदार्थों को अपनी डाइट में शामिल करें;-
ये आपको प्रोटीन, विटामिन्स, मिनरल्स के साथ साथ रेशा भी देते हैं तथा इनको खाने से अधिक समय तक पेट भरे रहने का एहसास भी होता है। ये मेटाबोलिज्म को तेज़ करके शरीर को गरम रखते हैं एवं मोटापा कम करते हैं ।
2. अदरक, लहसुन, दालचीनी, हल्दी व लौंग:-
अदरक व अजवाइन के साथ उबला हुआ पानी पीने से न सिर्फ जुकाम खांसी में लाभ मिलता है बल्कि इनके औषधीय गुणों के कारण शरीर में सूजन भी कम होती है एवं मोटापे को कम करने में भी मदत मिलती है।कुछ शोध के अनुसार अदरक में उन एन्जाइम्स को बढ़ाने का गुण है जो जो लिवर को खून साफ़ करने में सहायता करते हैं और यही गुण अदरक को एक गुणकारक घरेलु औषधि बनाते हैं जो रोग प्रतिरोधक शमता बढ़ाती है । यूँ तो कच्ची अदरक ज़्यादा गुणकारी होती है पर इसके तीव्र स्वाद की वजह से इसे सौंठ के रूप में या भोजन और चाय में डालकर भी लिया जा सकता है।
3.बादाम,अखरोट, और अलसी के बीज:-
प्रातः काल में लेने से शरीर को एसेंशियल फैटी एसिड्स (अच्छी वसा) तथा मैग्नीशियम एवं विटामिन E मिलता है जो स्वस्थ्य के लिए कई तरह से लाभदायक हैं ।
4. गर्म पेय :-
टमाटर, मकई या सब्जी का गर्म सूप, अदरक की चाय, कहवा ,इत्यादि न सिर्फ मेटाबोलिज्म को बूस्ट करते हैं बल्कि विटामिन व एंटीऑक्सीडेंट्स का भी खजाना हैं ।
ये एक शक्तिशाली एंटीऑक्सिडेंट है और इसे में मजबूत एंटीवायरल और जीवाणुरोधी गुण हैं। हरी चाय के एक दिन में लगभग दो से तीन कप पीने से प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली मजबूत रहती है। हरी चाय में उपस्थित एंटीऑक्सीडेंट सर्दियों के दौरान ठंड और फ्लू के खिलाफ लड़ने में मदद करते हैं।
इसमे उपस्थित बीटा कैरोटीन (विटामिन A का प्रिकर्सर्) की वजह से ये ठण्ड में शरीर की रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता को बढाकर इन्फेक्शंस और फ्लू से बचाती है।इतना ही नहीं इसमें उपस्थित रेशा इसे एक बेहतरीन सलाद बनाता है जो वजन कम करने में भी सहायक है ।
7.मुशरूम्स को भी इम्युनिटी बूस्टर्स के रूप में जाना जाता है। ये बहुत ही पौष्टिक एवं प्रोटीन युक्त होते हैं।
8.मोसम्बी, नारंगी,अमरुद जैसे फल:-
ये फल प्रकृति ने ठण्ड में इसी लिए प्रदान किये हैं ताकि इनमे उपस्थित विटामिन Cशरीर को इम्युनिटी प्रदान कर सके और शरीर को सर्दी जुकाम से बचा सके ।
नोट :- कुछ लोगों को उपरोक्त फलों से एलर्जी भी हो सकती है अतः वे इन फलों का प्रयोग चिकित्सक एवं आहार विशेषज्ञ के परामर्श से ही करें।
9.दही एक महत्वपूर्ण प्रोबायोटिक है जो आमाशय के डाइजेशन की शक्ति को सुधारती है साथ ही प्रोटीन से भरपूर दही स्वस्थ्य वर्धक है .
नोट:- अस्थमा के कुछ मरीज़ों मेंठण्ड के मौसम में दही लेने से नुक्सान होने के लक्षण सामने आते हैं अतः वे दही का प्रयोग चिकित्सक एवं आहार विशेषज्ञ के परामर्श से ही करें ।
10.शहद पर हुए अनेक शोधों से पता चलता है क़ि एंटी ऑक्सीडेंट्स व एन्जाइम्स से भरपूर यह गुणकारी रस अगर उचित मात्रा में (१ चम्मच ) कुनकुने पानी के साथ लिया जाये तो मोटापे को कम करता है साथ में ठण्ड व ज़ुकाम से भी बचाता है ।
उपरोक्त खाद्य पदार्थों को अपनी डाइट में शामिल करें और ठण्ड का भरपूर मज़ा लें।
My ovulation day is 28 th day of LMP having period cycle 40 days 19th day after ovulation i observed low bleeding like 1 or 2 drops with back pains is this a period or implantiion bleeding yesterday i checked pregnency test it is negative.
Sir/madam, we are married I do not need child for 2 or 3 years with out side effects better solutions tell me pregnancy safe tips tell me sir which time we are doing sex and we are not doing sex safe tell me sir.
Hi I am newly married I married on 11th may but I do not have sex with my wife because I am feeling very shy to be naked in front of her I want to do it tonight please advice what to do how should I ask for sex to her.
The label of “porn addict” causes depression but porn watching doesn't.
People who believe themselves to be porn addicts need help with understanding what their use of porn means, and why they may have problems around their sexuality. They deserve help unpacking the conflicts between their sexual desires, and the moral/religious society around them. They also need help to understand how and why porn use is not an addiction, and how viewing themselves as a porn addict may affect their self-image and emotional health. These men (and some women) deserve help in understanding their sexuality and their porn use. They don't need the shame and stigma that comes along with the "addiction" label.