Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Siri S Raju
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Siri S RajuYour feedback matters!
In how much time maximum urethral stricture can occur after cystoscopy (like within 1 or 2 or 3 months), so that I can feel safe after that period of time, as I have done cystoscopy? Thanks.
I have done sex 9 days before my period on 21 July but he has ejaculated outside but I have got my period 29 July on time and my period is 4 days long. But my 2nd period is late for 9 days. I have not got my period. I just want to know why my period is late and I have not done sex again.
A number of problems when contracted can affect your life and the life of your partner, especially problems which are related to your physical relationship. Premature ejaculation is one such problem and it refers to the inability to retain the erection until the end of the intercourse and usually happens when the male ends up ejaculating sooner than planned or immediately upon penetration. Premature ejaculation is a condition that many men suffer due to the advancement of age as well as low pelvic strength and other ailments. Also, it can be caused due to stress and panic regarding one's performance. Whatever be the cause, it is an embarrassing situation that calls for help if it persists for too long. Here are a few tips to ensure that you gain better control over premature ejaculation.
- Deep breathing Exercise: Sometimes, too much of excitement can lead to a variety of problems including premature ejaculation. If this becomes a normal occurrence, you can try practicing deep breathing during the act of sex to calm yourself down and slow down the frenzy so that you are more attuned to your surroundings and partner rather than yourself and the panic you may be feeling. Taking deep and slow gulps of air can ensure that you focus on the act rather than getting caught up in the excitement.
- Medications: there are broadly two kinds of medical treatments - local application anaesthetic gels that numb the area around the tip of penis and tablets that prolong ejaculation time. One needs to consult a sexologist, psychiatrist or a urologist to know more about them.
- Stop and Start: This is a method that many sexologists recommend. The stop and start method is one that will have to be practiced individually so that you are able to retain more control over your ejaculation when you are with your partner. Basically, in this method, you are required to start the process of masturbation and stop just short of ejaculation. After doing this several times and on a regular basis, you will find that your brain reacts in the same way when you are having intercourse, which will delay the ejaculation to a normal period.
- Kegel: If you thought that kegel exercises are only for women, then you need to think again. Premature ejaculation also signifies low pelvic strength for many cases and you would do well to invest time in a few exercises like the kegel, which will build up your pelvic strength so that you are able to control premature ejaculation in a better way.
Persistent problems that are not fixed with these methods should be addressed with a consult to a doctor.
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With IVF, couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
STDs or STIs are usually transmitted from one person to another through body fluids while being in a physical relationship. Herpes, Chlamydia, HIV and gonorrhea are some of the common STDs you may be susceptible to. These diseases are extremely unpleasant and usually cause long term health issues. Sometimes they might even be fatal. Here are a few ways you could use to prevent yourself from getting affected with STDs:
- Abstinence: The best and most certain way of preventing STDs is practicing abstinence. Although abstinence from any type of sexual activities including oral, vaginal or anal sex is a surefire method of prevention, it is not a very realistic method to do so. If you don't want to practice abstinence, make sure you educate yourself about other prevention methods.
- Single partner: Practicing monogamy in terms of sex is the safest kind of sexual activity. Make sure both you and your partner get tested for any STD. If you and your partner are not suffering from any STD and you both agree to practice monogamy with each other, then you automatically cut down on the risk of suffering from STDs.
- Talk: Talk to your sexual partner about his/her sexual health. Inform him/her about yours as well. Avoid having sex with someone who does not inform you with his or her sexual health information.
- Avoid taking drugs or alcohol: Try not to get drunk or take drugs before having sex. They reduce inhibitions which actually tend to make you reckless. You tend to become more adventurous and do not keep the sexual hygiene in mind at that time. Using a condom in the influence of alcohol and drugs can also result in a condom failure. Be sober enough before you have sex.
- Do not indulge with a person with symptoms: If someone shows symptoms of suffering from any kind of STD, do not indulge in any sexual activity with him or her. Refrain from having sex with him or her until he or she is treated by a doctor.
- Take precaution: Use different forms of protection while having sex to prevent pregnancy as well as STDs. But you have to realize the fact that these forms of protection are not full proof and always have a slight percentage of risk embedded in them.
Be extremely careful before you indulge in any type of sexual activity with anyone. After all, your health is in your hands. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.