Find numerous Physiotherapists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. SinthiYour feedback matters!
I have pain and little swelling in my both knees.Dr advices me to take Folitrax 15mg once a wk and I started tacking med since 25thNov2014. I want to know is this type of Arthritis can get cured completely or I need to take med lifelong. I feel pain on the inner side of knee more than outer side and not able to fold my knee .It hurts.
From sciatica last 17 years. Which I had pain one leg at once or other leg after once. Initially it happens in a month about twice but now it happens nearly six months. Please suggest exact treatment for it.
HI, LAST THREE DAY I HAVE BACK PAIN & not able to stand up without any support & feeling huge pain pl advice.
I am 29 years old male single staying in Gulf. I have back pain problem after operation for hernia in 2008. When I do any pressurizes work like cooking and washing clothes its to much, so please advice me what to do?
I have backache last 2 months and have used pain relief ointment cream for couple of days but haven't got any relief what should I do now?
Shoulder pain can be a persistent dull and nagging sensation in the upper arm or shoulder area. It can be easily differentiated from neck pain as it is related to the movement of shoulders i.e. it will increase and decrease with shoulder movements, especially overhead activities. The other signs to identify shoulder pain is if your shoulder movements are reduced.
If you find it difficult to scratch / wash your back, comb your hair or reach your back pocket, it clearly shows you are suffering from shoulder pain. Shoulder pain can happen due to various reasons, it varies from person to person depending on the activities he/she is involved in, for e.g. sports, manual job etc. It can be a single major injury or multiple small injuries due to repetitive usage patterns. Also, degenerative changes in various parts of the shoulder can lead to shoulder pain.
In case of middle to old age, injuries that can cause shoulder pain are:
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Acromio-clavicular Joint arthritis
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Suprascapular nerve entrapment In young age, injury due to sports or gym activity can cause shoulder pain
- Superior labral anterior/posterior (SLAP tear)lesion
Also, traumatic or repeated dislocations of shoulder can cause shoulder pain due to:
- Bankart lesion
Diagnose Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be diagnosed only after thorough history taking and clinical examination. However, some imaging studies can be very helpful like:
- X-rays: Through an x-ray one can view the shoulder in many different views.
- Ultrasound: With an ultrasound, you can also check the damaged caused to the tendons and muscles of the shoulder but the quality of reporting depends upon the expertise of the doctor.
- MRI: MRI gives a clear picture of the shoulder as it shows everything related to a shoulder joint that is joints, vessels, tendons and muscles that too from different angles.
- Diagnostic Arthroscopy: A surgical procedure often used by orthopaedic surgeons to diagnose and treat issues inside a joint. Arthroscopy has the big advantage that one can use it to diagnose as well as treat at the same time.
Treatment for Various Types of Shoulder Pain
- For Shoulder Impingement or Rotator Cuff tear: Give rest to the shoulder for a few days only Dedicated Physiotherapy Protocol Bursal injections If these fail then, (Surgery)Arthroscopic sub-acromial decompression If Cuff tear is found, then one can go for Arthroscopic/Mini-open repair
- Labral Lesions: For anterior Labral lesions (Bankart's) following anterior shoulder dislocation then surgery in the form of Arthroscopic Bankart's repair is the only option to reduce risk of recurrence and degeneration.
- Pain relief and physiotherapy as first step If this fails then following surgical options are available
- Arthroscopic debridement or repair of labrum
- Biceps tenotomy or tenodesis
In this case, the joint is already destroyed and has to be resurfaced for pain relief and to maintain ROM. If Rotator cuff muscles are working, then Shoulder resurfacing hemiarthroplasty (preferred in young people), that has a life of 10 to 15 years, Total shoulder replacement (preferred in middle aged to old people) has a life of 10 to 15 years. But, if rotator cuff muscle are not working then Reverse Geometry Shoulder replacement is recommended, that has a life of 10 years.
It is always advisable to get yourself diagnosed properly in case of shoulder pain as management changes depending on clinical situations. Neglecting shoulder conditions can lead to bigger problems later on.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have joint pain from last 2 year. I consult doctors but no one give me proper treatment for cure. I have arthritis problem and have pain on my all joints. Also my weight had lost from 65 kg to 50 kg. In cold climate my pain grows and give me double pain. I am feeling pain in every moment. Some times fever comes to me. Kindly suggest me. I checked my all internal organs but report comes that all are working fine. Every doctor has given me a lot of tablet and medicine. But when I eat deflazacort tablet it gives me slightly relief from pain. May be for 1 to 2 days. Than again pain starts. Kindly suggest me doctor.
I am 30 years old. I have back pain. I am working data entry and I have mobile shop. I am working daily fifteen hrs. What do do?
I had grade I ACL injury which is recovered now but now I have difficulty in taking load on the leg while using staircase. Is it stiff knee, how do I recover from it? How long it will take?
Hello sir I am having back pain since last few days. And also I am having ichness in my eyes. What to do.
The skeletal system encompasses all the bones, tendons, ligaments and cartilage in the body. It performs a number of vital functions, like giving your body its structure, aiding bodily movements and producing new blood cells.
The hands and feet contain more than half the body's bones.
Our bones are not evenly distributed throughout the body; some areas in the body have far more bones than others.
Ouhand has 27 bones, and each foot has 26. This means that together the two hands and two feet have 106 bones. So, your hands and feet have over half of the bones in your entire body.