Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. SindhuYour feedback matters!
Trichomonas Vaginalis, a virus, which affects almost 7.4 million men and women each year. This virus can cause a sexually transmitted disease upon contact with a person who may be carrying the same. This condition is more common in women than it is in men and causes a variety of symptoms. Let us learn more about this infection.
- Symptoms: This disease does not have any obvious symptoms until the problem becomes pretty severe. The symptoms for men include irritation inside the penis, discharge, and a burning sensation upon urination and ejaculation. The symptoms for women include a strong odour filled discharge that may also be greenish yellow in colour, pain in the lower abdomen in case the infection is extremely severe, itching and irritation in the vagina, and pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse.
- Diagnosis: The gynaecologist or the general physician will usually carry out the diagnosis with the help of blood and urine samples that will be sent to the lab for testing. These tests will help in determining the spread and severity of the infection. The doctor will also use vaginal or urethral fluid in order to diagnose the issue with the help of further lab tests. Most doctors will tell you that it is harder to detect the presence of the virus in women, than it is in men.
- Treatment: The treatment of this disease is done with the help of metronidazole, which can be used to treat trichomoniasis in case the patient is pregnant. It is usually recommended that the sexual partner of the patient should also be treated for the infection so as to stem its spread. Also, the doctors will recommend abstinence from sex for the duration of the treatment. Antibiotics will also be prescribed for both partners. Usually, one will be asked to wait for all the symptoms to disappear before becoming sexually active again.
- Complications: There is a risk of contracting the HIV virus in case pregnant women do not get treated for this disease on time. It can also cause premature rupture of the various membranes that protect the foetus, which can in turn, lead to premature delivery of the baby. Further, women who are suffering from this disease are at higher risk of passing on the HIV virus to their partners. This happens when the woman is also infected with the HIV virus.
- Prevention: There are various ways to prevent this disease including the proper use of condoms and limiting the number of sexual partners. Genital inflammation and pain should be checked by a doctor immediately to rule out the possibility of this STD. Also, one must take the necessary precautions to avoid catching and spreading this disease and getting a full body check up done is an important part of prevention.
I am 28 years old female and I have pigmentation from last two years. I used many ointments but no use. Please tel me best cream for pigmentation.
Hi, I'm having Green Tea from 3 days. I. E, Morning before breakfast Evening before snacks, is it right time to have can I change, when we have Green tea to reduce Fat before meal or after. Please suggest.
I am 21 year old n having 5'8" n my weight is 62 kg wt. Can you suggest me nutrition to build muscles with proper workout?
I am having lot of hairfall, I had tried many shampoos but nothing were effective, kindly suggest me good medicine for hair growth.
Hello Dr. please suggest me how to reduce my wight my present Wight 124 suggest me please If you provide me Any Dite Chart very thankful to you I hate Vaggietable.
I am 19 years old and im getting pimples from 16 age onwards and still I dint get rid of that problem. please provide me effective solution.
In this new age 'Weight Gain' is the most dreaded phrase when people left and right are obsessed with losing weight by any and every means possible, to look good and achieve an attractive personality.
Let me start with a ridiculous point, weight is NOT equal to fat (a misconception I've observed in my patients). A human's body weight consists of his/her ENTIRE body weight, including weight of internal organs like heart brain etc, bones, water content and MUSCLES
In this series of sections on Weight gain - We will Focus on Food and Healthy Diet to complement Muscle Building.
Eating nutrition-rich food increases the protein intake which not only improves the immune system but also helps in fast recovery from illness.
Here are some foods that you can include in your diet to increase the nutrition content and gain muscles.
We all have heard that nonvegetarian food is a great source of protein. That, while true, is half information. as a majority of Indians are vegetarians, I would like to share vegetarian foods which are as good protein sources as non-vegetarian food
- Paneer - Its full of protein and good carbs. Paneer contains high amounts of casein that builds muscle mass while providing your body with its daily intake of protein. It also contains high amounts of calcium that helps you build stronger bones.
- Peanut butter - Just two spoons of the butter can have you set you for the day with 8gms of protein that keeps muscle breakdown at bay.
- Almonds - They contain more protein than an egg and are also a great source of Vitamin B2 that produces oxygen-based energy in the body and Vitamin E that ensures supple skin.
- Soy milk - This is a good source of protein for those who suffer from lactose intolerance or dislike dairy milk. A glass of soy milk contains 6 to 10 gms of protein which is enough to give you a protein boost and jump start your day.
- Kidney beans - A single helping of kidney beans has 13 to15 grams of protein and is a great replacement for meat since it can provide ample protein to the body that promotes healthy skin and hair.
- Quinoa - 8g per 1 cup (cooked) Pronounced KEEN-WAH, this wonder grain is not only high in protein but also low in cholesterol and a good source of iron and fiber.
- Pumpkin Seeds - 7g per 1 oz. Also known as pepitas, pumpkin seeds are a great grab-and-go snack or topping for salads and soups.
- Dried Beans - 12g per 1 cup (black beans).Dried black beans, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, and pinto beans are all delicious choices for low-fat, fiber-filled protein. Using dried beans allows you to control the sodium and additives that go into the dish.
- Greek Yogurt - 15g per 6-oz container. Greek yogurt packs as much as double the protein as regular yogurt. It's also thick, filling, tart, and less sweet than some regular varieties, all while staying in the low-calorie range.
I had unprotected sex with my wife a day before period that was on 30th June, 16. We used pull out method and as I remember I didn't ejaculate inside. Now she's late in her periods for around 7 days. Her vaginal area remains wet all the time. Is it the symptoms of pregnancy? please clear my doubts! Thanks.
I am 21 years old and my height is just 5'I feel shame to go with my friends. So want to gain some extra height. Is there any medicine or treatment for it? Please help me.
I am 51 years old. Some allergy has happening in my body. night time it will affect my sleep? Please advise.
Hello doc I am 20 years old I have a small lump on my left groin area. And my left testicle pains sometimes and I showed the . Lump to an oncologist and he said its a neurofibroma or a simple nodule. Should I go for 2nd opinion. Is that oncologist said correct. Doctors I need your help.
Diabetic, had and minor heart surgery almost long time back I do not know the exact date. And recently he is having elevated sugar level i.e, 280 on empty stomach . Plus he has this some boil on his back which is causing immense pain and he refuses to see any doctor because of which I am asking here for some help to reduce his pain. Please do suggest some name for him .
A healthy diet is not only important for that toned waistline, but it also keeps your bones healthy. Two of the most important nutrients needed for healthy bones are Calcium and Vitamin D. Calcium helps in strengthening your bones while Vitamin D facilitates calcium absorption in the body. If the bones are not healthy, it can lead to bone disorders such as osteoporosis and rickets.
If you want to keep your bones fighting strong and healthy, here are some diet tips that you can follow:
Consume Yoghurt: A very good breakfast option, Yoghurt contains 30% of calcium and 20% of Vitamin D as per RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance), both being vital for healthy bones. It also contains little in terms of calories so that you don’t have to lose sleep over your waistline.
Milk: If you think milk is just for kids, think again. Milk is one of the best sources of protein and calcium; infact it contains 30% of calcium as per RDA. So yes! Drop all inhibitions and drink that glass of warm milk to keep your bones healthy.
Cheese: Another milk-based product, cheese is also rich in protein and calcium. You need to make sure that the cheese you consume is the fat-free version in order to restrict calorie intake.
Sardines: If you are planning on getting a fish sandwich for lunch, then you are on the right track. Sardines are not only rich in Omega-3 Fatty acids, but they also contain calcium and Vitamin D is high amounts.
Eggs: Don’t fear the egg yolk. Not so fast now! Egg yolk contains Vitamin D, an essential nutrient that facilitates calcium absorption in the body. Eggs are also one of the best super-foods as they are a powerhouse of various nutrients.
Spinach: Remember Popeye, the cartoon sailor whose muscular frame was attributed to spinach. Now let’s get down to the facts. Spinach contains calcium, fibre and iron – all very essential for your body. Consuming spinach regularly is one ‘go green’ way to keep your bones healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist and ask a free question.
I am eighteen years six months old I am suffering from malaria what medicine and injection can I get and I also fell so much cold even in a sunlight and tell me about the symptoms of malaria and how can me and my family can prevent herself.
I have cough problem more than one month. And for last 2 to 3 days I am feeling some pain in swallowing. What should I do?
Glow your skin naturally
1.) Get Glowing Skin with Lemon
Lemon is known for its anti-tanning properties. It helps to reduce the dark spots and also helps in getting rid of the blemishes. Apply lemon on the darkened areas. Keep for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water. Lemon should not be used on cuts and wounds as it will cause a burning sensation. While you are applying lemon, don’t expose yourself to sunlight.
2.) Get Glowing Skin with Honey Combos
Lemon and honey makes a good combination which helps you lighten your skin. Mix lemon and honey in equal quantities and apply it on your skin. Leave it for 20 minutes. Then wash it off. If you have a dry skin, you can try a combination of honey with cucumber juice. Mix them in equal proportion. You can apply it to any part of your body i.e. face, hands, legs, etc. Apply it for 15 minutes and then wash it.
You can also use a milk and honey pack. Mix these in equal quantities and apply. After applying keep it for some time. Then massage the paste in a circular motion. Wash off with cold water. If you have oily skin use low fat or else use full cream milk.
3.) Get Glowing Skin with Oatmeal Pack
Oatmeal helps you to remove the dirt which goes into the skin pores. Soap usually fails to remove this dirt. Mix oatmeal with a little turmeric and few drops of lemon. Quantity of turmeric powder should be very less. Now, make a thick paste of it. Apply it to your skin and leave it for a few minutes so that it gets a little dry. Take off the mask by washing it with lukewarm water.
4.) Get Glowing Skin with Bananas
Banana has got many advantages. It is a mood booster and also keeps your heart healthy. Banana also helps you get a glowing skin. Mash ripe bananas and grease your skin with it. Keep it for some time and rinse it. Repeat this procedure weekly to get good results. You can also add raw milk to the mashed bananas to get a nice glow. Raw milk is also helpful in getting a fair skin.
5.) Get Glowing Skin with Tomato
Attending the La Tomatina festival every month could have made it easy to get a fair skin. Tomato is also a skin lightening agent. It also absorbs all the oil of your face and treat the open pores of your face. Make tomato pulp in the required quantity and apply it to your skin. Leave it for some time so that it dries. Rinse it off with water. Tomato gives your skin a pinkish glow.
6.) Get Glowing Skin with Fruit Pack
Fruits can work wonders for your skin and also provide you with naturally glowing skin. Prepare a fruit pack by combining the pulp of an avocado, papaya and cucumber. Then add 2 teaspoons of cream. Mix well to form a paste and apply all over the face. Leave it for 20 minutes and rinse with warm water. People with oily or combination skin can avoid adding cream, they can add sandal wood pack in it.
7.) Get Glowing Skin with Egg Pack
Yes, egg does helps in making the skin fair. It stinks, but it helps. Beat an egg till it’s fluffy and frothy. Apply on the face and keep it on till it dries off completely. Rinse off with cold water. You can also add lemon juice or 2 drops of lavender oil or tea tree oil, to reduce the smell of the egg. So, next time get an egg more from the store for your skin!
8.) Get Glowing Skin with Hot Oil Body Massage
Want to enjoy your weekends? Indulge in the hot oil body massage for relaxation and also to get fairer skin. Choose a base oil such as almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil. Add crushed neem and tulsi leaves to the oil and warm it gently. Apply this all over your body and massage well. Keep for 30 minutes and get into the shower. Hot oil massage increases the blood circulation all over the body and thus reduces tan.
9.) Get Glowing Skin with Milk, Oil and Lemon
A combo of milk, oil and lemon will do a great job for your skin. Mix 1 spoon of milk powder, 1 spoon of lemon juice and 1 spoon of almond oil. Apply this concoction on your skin; leave it on for 15 minutes before washing off. This is an effective skin lightening mask. This home remedy gives excellent results in getting fair skin at home.
10.) Get Glowing Skin with Potato
Potato also works as a natural bleaching agent and hence can be used for skin lightening. Squeeze the juice of a potato in a bowl. Apply it to your face. Keep it for some time and wash off with cold water. This is a slow and gradual process. The results will be visible to you after a while.
11.)Get Glowing Skin with Sandalwood
Nothing can beat this age old home remedy of getting fairer skin. Make a paste of sandalwood and some turmeric. You can also add almond oil to it. Apply this paste to your face. Keep it for some time. Then start massaging it in circular motion. Finally, wash off with cold water. This will help in skin lightening and will also give a glow to your face.
The main thing is that nothing can ever substitute the CTM routine. Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing will ensure that your skin doesn’t get tanned much. Also, don’t forget to use a good quality sunscreen lotion before stepping out of the house to keep that fairness and glow intact!