Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shilpasri Sk
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shilpasri SkYour feedback matters!
How to control my temper, I am bursting out when I get anger, don't know what I am speaking in that situation, then immediately feeling very bad for what I have spoken, I seriously want to control this, do I need to take any medication for this?
Dear doctors please help me to get out of my problems. please suggest me sleeping pills so that I can sleep for forever. I am just fed up with my life I cannot handle it. I love my parents alot I don't want to see them hurted only because of me. They want me to forget the man whom I love and marry some other boy. I explain them I love them a lot I cannot leave anyone neither my parents nor my love. Its been 6 months they still want me to forget him. I can't leave without my parents and my love. please suggest me sleeping pills so that this matter will become closed with me. I can't see both of them tensed because of me. I am dying daily to see my mother praying to God that I marry the boy whom they chose. I cannot leave anyone . So I have decided to leave this world. My parents think that I don't care about their feelings but they don't know how much I love them I daily think about what they want ,cry feeling helpless as my heart do not give permission me to do this. I do not have any option . I always keep praying that god please give me natural death . While walking on roads I wish some vehicle hit me to death. No one can explain my parents that what I am feeling. They are thinking about caste and their proud that what people will say if I marry my love.Please tell.
First of all I wanna thank to all of you as you all are doing great work by helping others. So my query is as I have generalized SA problem and doctor prescribed me etilaam 0.5 mg two times daily and betacap 40 occasionally and also told me for therapy too. But problem is that betacap is not safe for asthmatics. So which medicine should I take occasionally like in interviews to reduce nervousness and anxiety attacks (excessive perspiration). Thanks in advance.
I feel mentally disturb. Getting very aggressive. Angry often. Disturbing thinking often comes on my mind. Negative thoughts. Makes mistakes in work. Forget often. Please see the medicine I am taking nexito 20. Lozep .5 and mirtaj 15 mg.
Hi, I am a 26 year old male. I am medication for agitated depression. Its been a year now. I have never mistakenly taken double dose of tablets. But today I have taken vilano 40 mg twice. Once it the morning and a other in the night. Actually I was supposed to taken escitapax 5 mg in the night. But I totally thinking about something else and swallowed Vilano. Any complications here? What should I do?
Conventional medicine treats pain with the help of medications; by either blocking the transmission of pain signals in the body or by correcting the underlying problems caused by the pain in the first place. However, traditional and alternative forms of medicine such as acupuncture manage pain issues within the body through the means of redirecting disrupted energy flows. One of the very few forms of alternative treatments used in conjunction with conventional treatments, acupuncture is seen as a mercurial rise in popularity in the past few decades.
What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture dates back to ancient China, about 2500 years ago. It has been widely practiced there for a number of millennia, not only pain relief, but also for treating many ailments. Acupuncture isn’t just considered a form of therapy, but a holistic form of medicine. Acupuncture works on the principle of the flow of energy within the body, also known as ‘Qi’, in traditional Chinese medicine. Acupuncture strives to correct the disruptions in ‘Qi’ that may cause pain by manipulating over 2000 of the specific pressure points within the body with the help of specially created needles.
Where is acupuncture effective?
Acupuncture is very effective in treating a host of ailments, especially in relieving the associated pain. Some of the areas where acupuncture has proven its effectiveness are:
1. Treating nausea and vomiting caused due to chemotherapy treatment for cancer patients
2. Very useful in treating post-operative pain caused due to dental procedures
3. Rehabilitating patients who have suffered strokes
4. Fibromyalgia (musculo-skeletal pain with fatigue accompanied by sleep and memory issues)
5. Effective in combating withdrawal symptoms caused due to addiction
6. Pain from menstrual cramps
7. Tennis elbow
8. Osteoarthritis (a type of arthritis caused due to the erosion of tissues present at the ends of one’s bones)
9. Pain of the lower vertebrae within the spinal column
How does acupuncture work within the body?
According to modern medicine, the specific pressure points utilized by acupuncture within the body help in releasing chemicals that can block or at least reduce pain. It encourages the flow of chemicals from the brain, which act as nerve and pain blockers. It also helps stimulate the muscles and nerve endings, which can lessen inflammation and thus help in reducing pain.
Having pets around not only makes you feel better, but also teaches you compassion, empathy and loyalty. Spending quality time with your pets tends to have a positive effect on your mood and mental health. Pets can act as great stress relievers and actually uplift your mood when are depressed.
Connecting with your pet instantly improves your mood and makes you forget your worries with their unconditional love and care. Here are 5 ways in which your pet can relieve depression and make you feel better.
1. A healthy heart: If you own a dog, you are less likely to get heart diseases. Spending time with your dog, going for walks and jogs, playing in the park, etc. will keep you active and maintain a normal blood pressure. Activities with your pets will also curb any sadness in your heart, at least for the moment. You will have a routine to follow, and this will keep you distracted from your source of depression.
2. Stress relief: Petting your pet dog, cat or rabbit will soothe your mind and help you get rid of any kind of stress. Depression causes a lot of stress, and if you hug or lay down with your dog, you are likely to feel better and get much more relieved from stress. A relaxation hormone is released by the body which brings down stress levels.
3. Pets enable you to connect socially: If you are depressed, you may feel like connecting with new people for feeling better. Your pets can help you with this. If you walk down a road with your dog, it is likely that people approach you and start a conversation with you.
4. A better mood: If you are depressed for a long time, getting a pet dog can change your life. Pet owners are happy people and are more trustworthy than normal people. If you feel lonely and depressed, a pet dog can provide you better company and happiness than a human at times. You will have a new meaning in life and would love to take care of your pet and raise him healthy. Your general mood will be much improved.
5. Unconditional love: The best thing about pets and especially dogs is that they will love you unconditionally. No matter what you do, they will always love you the most and come to you wagging their tail. A loving touch has an incredible healing power and hugging your pets will make you happy and less depressed.
Pets are an amazing way to get relief from depression. Having a pet around makes any atmosphere much livelier. Raising a pet is like raising a child, and thus you will remain distracted and won’t have time to think about your reason for depression.