Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Siju K Paul
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Siju K PaulYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from weakness and all my muscles are paining. I study lot. Can you suggest me some good nutritional food and good powder to drink with milk which will boost my energy and keep me awake for study.
Hello. I'm 18 years old. And I'm facing a bunch of problems. I'm having great HAIRFALL facing almost for a year and I think its rate is increasing day by day. Secondly I have very low Vision. I'm having glasses whose number is almost 8. Next I am suffering from pain in my knees. Whenever I sit or Stand there is some popping sounds in there. I'm very much worried about it. And I want immediate help. I think I'm very much worried about my hair loss.
Some people have low back pain when they are lying resting in certain positions.
A few people have low back pain only when they lie down. Many people with low back pain feel worse when they are lying down and dread the thought of another night with more back pain and less sleep. If you have low back pain only when lying down, or if you regularly wake in the morning with a stiff and painful low back that was not painful the night before, there is likely to be something wrong with the surface on which you are lying or the position in which you sleep.
It is a comparatively easy task to correct the surface on which you are lying, but rather difficult to influence the position you adopt while sleeping.
Once you are asleep, you may regularly change your position or toss and tum. Unless a certain position causes so much discomfort that it wakes you, you have no real idea of the various positions you assume while sleeping .Many people with back problems are told never to lie face down when in bed. There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that this is harmful to the back.
On the contrary, it may well be that your back ceases to be painful in the face-down position. If you have not already discovered the effects of lying face down, you should experiment to see what effect this has on your problem the next time you experience pain while lying. Certainly there are some low back problems that are aggravated by lying in this way. If you have sciatica, lying face down is nearly always impossible.
Correction of Surface
There are two simple ways in which you may be able to reduce strains on your low back caused by a faulty lying position:
The first and most important way is to lie with a supportive roll around your waist. This roll will support your low back as you re stand will prevent strain that can develop when you lie on your side or back.You may purchase a lumbar night roll specifically made for the purpose from the agents listed at the back of this book. You will need to supply them with your waist measurement and advise them how much you weigh. Alternatively, you may substitute a rolled beach or bath towel. Fold the towel in half from end to end then roll in from the side. This will create a roll of about 3 inches in diameter and 3 feet in length. Wind the roll around your waist, and fix it in front with a safety pin to ensure that it remains in place where you normally wear your belt; otherwise, the roll will move up or down during your sleep, it may actually increase your night pain. The measurements given above are merely a guide; lumbar supports need to fulfill individual requirements, and each person must experiment for himself. You can follow the general rule that when you lie on your side, the roll should fill the natural hollow in the body contour between pelvis and rib cage; and when you lie on your back, the roll should support the low back in moderate lordosis.
The second way is to ensure that your mattress does not sag. The mattress itself should not be too hard; in fact, a soft mattress can be extremely comfortable provided it is placed on a firm support. To ensure that your mattress is supported on a firm hard surface, it is best to place it on the floor and spend three to four nights sleeping in this way to determine if this is the source of the problem. Avoid a bed with a wire base and use a solid base instead , with a rubber or inner spring mattress on top of it.If you have tried these suggestions without benefit, you should consult a health provider trained in this specialty.It may be that you require special advice regarding the surface on which you lie or the posture you assume while sleeping. It may also be possible that you need special treatment for your low back problems.
married for 3 years. No symptoms of pregnancy like nausea, breast pain etc. Missed periods by 7 days. After 5 days of missed periods, feeling legs, back pain and stomach pain only nights. Getting pimples on face. Almost my vagina is dry from missed period but if I check only little amount of white appears. In d last month I used folic acid tablets. Is this normal or something care should b taken.
I have back pain from few days. I think it is due to continuous sitting. I took calcitas d3 & nurokind lc last night but these tablets causing headache.
I am suffering from pain below my left knee from quite a bit of time. It starts paining mostly while going to bed and in early morning while at normal hours it is non-existent. What possibly could be causing this problem?
Gone are the days when mostly septuagenarians complained of joint and knee pain. The problem today has become common among all age groups. Knee or joint pain at any stage of life is painful, however the health problem striking early on is scary as one just dreads of living with it in the so many years to come.
Ayurveda is a very old system of medicine, which originated in India. Using herbs found in nature to cure various illnesses, knee pain and joint pain can also be permanently cured with this method indigenous to India. Arthritis and Joint pain are among the most prevalent problems faced by adults, mostly old people. As per ayurveda, 'vata dosha' Is responsible for joint and knee pain.
Here are some common Ayurvedic remedies, which help reduce knee pain:
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha is medically known as Withania Somnifera. In the West, Ashwagandha is popularly known as Winter Cherry. Also, it has a lot of therapeutic properties, which include reducing joint pains.
- Banyan: The Banyan tree's medical name is Ficus Benghalensis. It has a sap very similar to the form of rubber known as latex is derived from the Banyan tree. The Banyan tree's sap is externally applied over the joints and the pain usually disappears after a few regular applications.
- Garlic: The medical name for garlic is allium sativum. Five to six cloves eaten everyday has proved to reduce knee pains.
- Ginger: Ginger is biologically called Zingiber Officinale. These can be easily included in your diet and go a long way in curbing knee pain.
The following are some ayurvedic home remedies that can be utilized to treat joint pain:
- Hot & Cold Compress: Cold and hot compresses can be utilized to ease your joint pain effectively. Heat compression decreases the pain, increases the blood circulation and relaxes the swollen joints and muscles. On the other hand, cold therapy lessens the inflammation of the affected joint. Place hot and cold towel alternatively on the affected area to achieve immediate relief from persistent pain.
- Turmeric: Add a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of honey in a glass of lukewarm water and drink this solution on a regular basis for a week. Turmeric contains anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which makes it an excellent remedy for treating joint pains.
- Healthy diet: A balanced diet that comprises a lot of green leafy vegetables and fresh seasonal fruits is good for your joints. The uncontrolled intake of fatty food, dairy products, and high sodium diet must be avoided in order to avoid arthritis and joint pain.Prevention is better than cure and in order to follow that it is always beneficial to get your complete body check up done from time to time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.