Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. SiddarthYour feedback matters!
Tip of the day:
Start your child to brush with the help of finger brushes without any toothpaste at 9 to 10 months of age, playfully while giving him/her a bath. This way the child gets used to an idea of a brush and does not shy away from brushing later on.
Toothpaste to be initiated after 1 year of age - we have special toothpastes for kids available - preferably non -foaming types to be used.
At 1 year of age to 1 year 6 months - 1/4 th the pea size toothpaste to be applied into the bristles of the brush.
upto 2 yrs - 1/2 pea size toothpaste to be applied.
Never wet the brush before brusing - the paste becomes foamy and that irritates and gags the child resulting in the child developing phobia or aversion to toothbrushing - resulting in enhanced decay of teeth later on at 3 yrs and adolescence!
Hello. I am 19 Years Old Boy. Actually I Have Suffered From Wisdom Teeth Pain 15 Days Ago. Then, I Got Mouth Ulcers.
I'm 23 years old man. Mere dato me pilapan ho gaya h aur wo pilapan ja nhi rha h aur mere mukh as badbu v aati h.Jabki mai apne mukh ko achchi tarah se wash karta hu.
Hi doctor, I am suffering from regular dental pain from last six months. I will take several medicine and regular checkup but every thing going waste.
Sir i am regularly getting pain in tongue mouth due to ulcer I will eat more chilly hot foods give an remedy to it sir please.
I am a diabetic 55 years old as all my teeths are in mobilty condition dentist suggested me to go for full mouth extraction and 10 implants and fixed dentures at a cost of 5 lacs. Some told me that implant is failure for diabetic .Please advise.
My daughter's front two teeth are coming out. Her age is 10years. Dentist tols us to wait up to 12 years. Please suggest some good treatment for her.
Hi doctor. One year back i have clip on my teeth.Its removed one year back.Now my teeth have little bit gaps n my teeth is little bit loose.Tel me any advice to solve this problem .
I've weak and shaking teeth at front lower jaw, and my gums are pains alot, is der any way to cure the infected gums and tighten d teeth without removing the teeth. And any ways to get rid of the pain in instant.
I have dark and big whole between my teeth it is very panic for me please suggest me doc what I will do this problem?
My mouth is not open properly. The teeth have also worsened. I have left the pocket pouch. Right now, the bones below the ear have gone away from 2-3 days. Vaginal penetration has come in the mouth. I feel guilty about living in this way. Sir, help me. And give me the opportunity to live the right way. Thank you Lybrate.
It is said that oral health is the best indicator of a person's health. A bad oral hygiene translates down to the rest of the organs, reflecting poor health. And, like all other organs of the body, the oral cavity also is aging and therefore, requires extra attention to maintain good health and requires longer time to heal and get back to its original state. So, as the old adage goes, prevention is better than cure.
The following are some reasons why oral health in older patients is very important:
- Food and nutrition: Be it a regular decay or rare cases of oral cancer, poor oral health means reduced food intake. In the elderly, the tissues supporting the teeth (periodontium) deteriorates, leading to loosening of teeth and inability to eat and chew food. This gets into a vicious cycle, and for the elderly, good healthy nutrition is very important for overall health. If decayed teeth and weak teeth are not allowing them to eat well, the overall health takes a toll too.
- Overall health: Poor oral health is associated with higher incidence of diabetes and heart disease. Also, in diabetics especially, the periodontal tissue is easily affected and prone to infection. This leads to not just tooth mobility, but also root caries. The incidence of abscess and cyst associated with root caries is much
- higher than decay in the crown portion of the tooth. The simple logic is that there is more tooth structure covering the crown than the root, and therefore, the decay reaches the pulp a lot more quickly.
- Medications and side effects: Dental pain, those who have experienced will swear to be one of the worst pains to go through. And in old age, it is something that is best avoided. So, better oral care and hygiene measures become all the more important. Once pain sets in, the antibiotics and painkillers become necessary, bringing with them a host of side effects.
Simple Management tips:
- Brush twice a day using fluoridated toothpaste
- Rinse with each meal with a mouthwash is possible, else with plain water
- Floss regularly to prevent interdental caries
- Routine bi-annual visits to the dentist, especially if you are prone for decay or have dry mouth. Whether it is a small decay or a lesion, the dentist will be able to detect it early and arrest and/or treat it
- Don't ignore lumps or sore throat that is persistent
- Quit smoking, use of tobacco (if applicable)
- Healthy diet that is rich in fiber
To avoid the vicious cycle of dental symptoms and complications and their effect on general health, it is advisable to do some basic hygiene measures.