Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laparoscopic Treatment Procedures
Kidney Stones Treatment
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Accident Injuries Treatment
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Prostate Laser Surgery
Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Stem Cell Transplant
Post Induction Therapy
Post Induction Transplant
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Siddappa K.TYour feedback matters!
Hi, I have very dark circle under eye I have tried all but still can't remove it. Can anybody help me on this. I am leaving in jalandhar.
I am a student . From some days iam feeling inching in my anus. I this is piles. I read about this on Internet. Iam loosing my weight very fast. Than I started running, it helps me allot but am becoming very skinny. Please tell me what should I do.
Blood stain from anus and its little irritating, urine in also dark red color. Feeling very tired, kindly suggest to which doctor I should consult.
I am 20 Years Old. I want to look more white in my skin color. I am having a fair skin. But I want to be more fair and white skin. Can you please suggest any Eatable food or items that can help me to get more fair and white skin!
I have lots of dark spot in my triceps and its increasing day by day .How to remove those spot from triceps?
Till my 4 standard in school I was fair But after it my skin bcam tann And becoz Bcoz of sun What should I do.
I am 16 yrs old boy. I had pimples earlier. I used to break them with my nails. Now my face is full of dark spots. Bt pimples are gone. I need to remove the dark spots. Pls help.
I am 25 Yr old I have acne problem since early 20s. Now I get pimples only on my forehead areas. Black heads on my nose and open pores on my all face. My face skin looks dull. I want my skin clear n toned. What should I do? Any suggestions.
A common mole is a form of growth on the surface of the skin. It occurs when the skin pigment cells or melanocytes grow in clusters. Moles are common in most adults and occur in places and areas, which are most exposed to the sun. Moles may be present from birth or may appear at a later stage. Moles develop until the age of forty.
Moles are generally round or oval in shape and their surface is smooth with distinct edges. They are dome shaped. Common moles are pink, tan or brown in color. People with dark skin complexion develop dark-colored moles.
Sometimes, moles may change in color and shape. This might be an indication of a skin cancer condition known as Melanoma.
Here are the indications that a mole is cancerous in nature:
- When the color of the mole changes
- When the mole becomes smaller or bigger in an uneven manner
- When the shape, texture or height of a mole changes
- When the skin around the mole turns dry and scaly
- When the mole starts itching
- When there is bleeding or oozing from the mole
Features of Melanoma:
Changes in the shape, size, color or feeling of an existing mole are an indication of Melanoma. The features of this condition can be observed by the changes that occur in the mole. The 'ABCDE' rule can be used to define the features:
- Asymmetry: This means that the shape of one half of the mole is not matching with the other half.
- Irregular border: The borders or edges are ragged, notched and the outline seems blurred. There are chances that the pigment might spread to the surrounding skin surface.
- Uneven color: This indicates that the mole may be of uneven colors. There might be shades of black, brown, tan and also areas of red, white, gray, pink or blue.
- Mole diameter: There is a change in the size and diameter of a mole in cases of Melanoma. Usually, the size increases. Some Melanoma moles may be tiny, but most are wider than six millimeters.
- Evolving: There is an evolution over weeks and months, where the changes in appearance occur. Moles that lead to Melanoma vary a lot. Some cases of Melanoma may have all the above mentioned features while other cases may indicate two or three of the features.
When moles change in color and size, it is because of Melanoma. Several tests have to be carried out to detect whether a mole is cancerous or not, and after that, medical measures must be taken. Melanoma is a serious form of skin cancer and should be attended to immediately.
Sir I am 63 years old male suffering from hair falls and dandruff and has some white marks on skin of right leg please suggest me remedial measures thanks I do not have any diabetes or bp problems I am very healthy man.
Hi. My face became dark and have black heads. I believe it is because of sun tan. I saw one serum named" radiance skin brightening complex" on Internet. Can I use that to improve my skin brightness. Is it useful? Any side effects? Please advise.
I have black spots as well as pimples on my back. I used scar removal cream for 4 months. But I did not see any changes. Wht should I do now?
Is you b fair cream is nice .my skin is oily in summer & dry in winter. Bcoz I don't have light &shine on my face.
I am feeling pain while going stool side. It seems the symptoms of constipation. Sometimes blood is also coming. Please suggest way ahead to get rid of this problem.
You feel you have wasted your youth at the age of 30 when you see grey hair, wrinkles on your skin and all other visible signs of ageing.
You wonder what went wrong, after all, you pumped iron in the gym, ate healthy food, got up early in the morning and did yoga, slept early, meditated, used all kinds of skin creams and the lists goes on and on.
We all do a lot of things to stay young and look young but there is one thing we don’t do and that is protect our body and our skin from pollution.
Have you ever wondered how much pollution can affect your skin?
Probably no, hence read on to find out..
Effects of pollution on skin
1.Causes aging, wrinkles, pimples, black heads etc.
2.Rids all natural oils from your skin
3.Dust forms a layer over your skin and congests your pores.
4.Sun’s heat during noon is very harmful as ultra violet rays of the sun can cause cancer, rashes and diseases. Pollution can cause numerous skin diseases and rashes.
5.Pollution can make your skin look dull as it rids them off oxygen.
6.It makes your skin rough.
7.It gives you a tan, which does not go away so easily.
Hence, now that you know the harmful effects of pollution on your skin it is better to curb them and keep them a bay.
Some of the Remedial Measures to prevent Pollution from affecting your skin are:
1.Wrap around a scarf or a Duppata around your head while going out.
2.Apply sunscreen when you go out in the sun from 12pm to 4 pm Or the much better option is to carry an umbrella when you go out in the sun
3.Moisturize your skin by applying moisturizer every night before sleeping.
4.Take an oil bath once a week to replenish your skin of its oils.
5.Try to wear a jacket or a coat while going out so that it shields you from the direct effect of pollution.
6.Mix Shikakai Powder, Channe ka Aatta, Haldi Powder, add water as needed, and make a fine paste of it. Use it as a substitute to soap.
7.Use warm water and scrub, to wash your face after coming home.
8.Eat healthy; it will help to flush out the toxins from your system.
Hence, if you follow these tips faithfully and accordingly, then you will be safe from pollution to some extent.
One cannot evade pollution completely; hence, it is advisable to take proper precautions.
I have acanthosis nigricans on my underarm. Doctor prescribed me demelan cream for 1 month but the dark spot is not going.
Here are 10 skin and hair benefits of eating cabbage -
1) Anti-ageing agent: Regular consumption of cabbage extends anti-ageing benefits to the skin. The rich amount of Vitamin C delays the ageing process. It has Vitamin A which works together with Vitamin D to make your skin clear and protects from ultraviolet rays.
2) Skin cure: Cabbage has excellent skin healing properties. It is effective in curing skin eruptions such as eczema, psoriasis, acne, rashes, insect bites, leg ulcers and wounds. It helps cure arthritis as well.
3) Gives flawless skin: Cabbage promotes healthy skin. If you are suffering from pimples or other skin irritations, cabbage can be the solution. Place the steamed cabbage compress on the affected area over night and experience spotless skin next morning.
4) Vitamin E for skin complexion: Cabbage juice enhances skin complexion. It has potassium, which purifies your body and skin.
5) Sulfur-rich for acne: Sulfur, abundantly present in cabbage, is considered as 'Nature's beauty mineral'. Because of its drying effect, it plays an important role in drying acne and breakouts. It also synthesizes keratin, a protein substance that is essential for healthy hair, nails and skin.
6) Cleansing property: Cabbage juice is extremely effective in cleansing your due to high Vitamin C content. The juice can also heal infected gums caused by gingivitis.
7) Hair growth: High on Vitamin A content, cabbage is an antioxidant that stimulates hair growth.
8) Smooth hair: Cabbage nourishes your hair, thus providing you with silky, shining hair. Apply its juice on your scalp and the roots of your hair. Shampoo your hair after an hour. This will make your hair smooth and silky.
9) Arrests hair loss: Here's a treatment for hair loss. Raw cabbage and cucumber juices are rich in silicon and sulfur, two vital minerals that stimulate hair growth and prevent hair loss.
10) Conditions dry hair: Raw cabbage juice is also beneficial for dry hair as it makes it soft and shiny. Try drinking a mixture of 80 ml of raw carrot and cucumber juice and 40 ml of raw cabbage juice to get healthy and beautiful hair.
Click on consult privately to ask me any follow-up questions on this.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones.