Find numerous Endocrinologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shylaja Shyamsunder
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shylaja ShyamsunderYour feedback matters!
मुझे बार बार यूरिक एसिड बढ़ने से प्रॉब्लम हो जाती हे ऐसा क्यू होता हे के यूरिक एसिड का लेबल सही नही रहता ड्रिंक कभी कभी करता हु क्या कोई ऐसा तरीका हे जिस से ये हमेशा कण्ट्रोल में रहे और ये सरीर में किस कारन से बड़ जाता हे।
There is swelling on my daughter’s both the ankles since a month. After doing ayurvedic medicine, now tested and detected sugar (110 fasting). Taking homeopathy medicine. But the swelling is still there. Please advise and help. Her weight is 89 kg – height 5 -3. She is 22 years old.
Diabetes is a condition where the blood sugar level rises in your body either due to less insulin level in the body or reduced sensitivity of the body to insulin. The foods you eat have a major role in controlling your blood sugar levels. You need to pick your foods wisely to prevent your blood sugar levels from spiking.
The various foods that you should be eating if you have diabetes are:
1. Dark chocolate: Chocolate contains good amounts of flavonoids that help in improving insulin sensitivity and limits food cravings. It also reduces your chances of heart attack.
2. Blueberries: Blueberries are rich in fiber that helps you in managing your blood sugar levels. They also contain anthocyanins that assist in regulating your blood sugar levels.
3. Fish: Fish is rich in Omega 3 fatty acids that reduce inflammation in the body, thus reducing your chances of heart problems. Fish is also a good source of protein that helps you in feeling fuller.
4. Olive oil: Olive oil is rich in antioxidants that help in reducing your chances of heart diseases and diabetes.
5. Oranges: Make sure you eat plenty of oranges as they are rich in vitamin C and they reduce the risk of diabetes. You may also opt for broccoli or strawberries.
The various foods you should avoid are:
1. White rice: White rice is a refined grain which, when consumed, tends to spike your blood sugar levels. You can instead opt for brown rice.
2. Bananas: Banana may contain vitamins and minerals, but are also rich in carbohydrates. Instead, opt for fruits like berries that are not only rich in fiber and antioxidants, but also have a low glycemic index.
3. Sugary foods: The term sugary foods is used to describe foods such as pastries, cakes and cookies. These foods are carbohydrate rich and do not contribute much in making the body healthy. Instead, replace them with natural foods such as chickpeas and peanuts.
4. Dried fruit: Various dried fruits contain high concentration of sugar, which happens due to the dehydration process by which they are formed. So replace them with fresh fruits such as guava and peaches to control your blood sugar levels.
Amongst all other dry-fruits, Almonds and Walnuts can be had in moderation as they contain essential fatty acids and do not effect blood sugars. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Hello doctor I want to know that if P.P sugar level is high or normal then the fasting level will also be high or nirmal. Similarly if fasting sugar level is high or normal then P.P level will also be high. Please let me know and oblige me.
I am 56 years old diabetic and bp patient suffering with pain at lower back side what could be problem.
I want to know the main symptoms of thyroid .which commonly seen in all thyroid all thyroid patents. And want to know something in detail about thyroid.
I am 30 years old female and I have an increase of uric acid in my body what all things I should do to get immediate relif. Please suggest a proper diet if possible.
I'm the patient of thyroid, i'm taking thyronorm 50MCG and now it's control, but my symptoms same before like weight loss, hair fall, hungerness etc. Why this and what I do?
The World Health Organization (WHO) calls infertility “a disease of the reproductive system defined by the failure to achieve a clinical pregnancy after 12 months or more of regular unprotected sexual intercourse.”
Infertility can occur in both women and men. Primary infertility is infertility in a couple who have never had a child, while secondary infertility is failure to conceive following a previous pregnancy. A woman who doesn’t conceive and/or is unable to carry a full-term pregnancy is labeled as infertile.
Causes of infertility in women
Infertility in women is caused by many factors like infections and ageing amongst others like the following:
- High FSH - Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) is a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland in the body. It stimulates follicle growth in the ovary and causes the eggs to mature for fertilization. FSH levels increase with age and high FSH levels in blood can mean that the ovaries are not functioning too well and hence it can be a likely reason for infertility.
- Blocked fallopian tubes - Blocked fallopian tubes or ‘fallopian tube obstruction’ is the biggest reason for infertility in women. We all know that fertilization happens inside the fallopian tubes, so an obstruction here means an absence of fertilization and pregnancy.
- Endometriosis - Women with endometriosis experience a drop in fertility by almost 12-35%. It is a condition where the lining of the uterus starts growing, not in the uterus, but elsewhere in the abdomen i.e. ovaries, fallopian tube and the pelvic area.
- Fibroids- These are non-cancerous tumours inside or around the uterus.
- Age- The biggest reason for infertility in women is their age. If a woman’s age is 35 plus, her ovaries do not function properly and release less eggs, which are not very healthy.
- Hormonal imbalance - These cause ovulatory malfunctions and poor egg development.
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) - PCOS is a type of hormonal imbalance, which leads to production of excessive male hormones in a woman’s body, thereby causing infertility.
Can Ayurveda boost fertility in women?
According to Ayurveda, infertility arises when ‘shukra dhatu’, which produces eggs in women and sperms in men, is weak due to lack of proper nutrition. This could be due to poor digestion or an absence of a balanced diet or due to the presence of ‘ama’ or toxins in the body.
According to Ayurveda, sexual indulgence and promiscuity can also cause infertility due to the decrease in ‘shukra dhatu’.
Ayurvedic fertility enhancers for women
- Ashoka – It stimulates the endometrium found in the uterus and ovaries and aids in ovulation.
- Lodhra – It cures all female disorders that stop conception and regulates levels of reproductive hormones like FSH and LH, which are essential for conception.
- Shatavari – It nourishes the ovum or egg and enhances fertility as it contains estrogen-like compounds.
- Gokshura – This herb is helpful for both men and women. It works as a fertility tonic in women by stimulating the ovaries and thus cures PCOS, a leading cause of female infertility.
Ayurveda also recommends a diet rich in food items like ghee, milk, almonds, walnuts, sesame and pumpkin seeds to improve overall health and thus enhance levels of ‘shukra dhatu’ in the body. Since ‘vata’ dosha is closely associated with the reproductive system in women, Ayurveda also assigns a lot of value to its regulation for proper ovulation and stress control. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.