Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShylajaYour feedback matters!
I have a son who is doing is iii std. When he starts learning a subject during his study time he spends merely half an hour. After that or if we say that he had studied well so lets move on with the next subject or portion is interest drops and great dislike or aversion is seen in further learning process. He shows arogancy towards me. What is the problem with him. Because of his nature within few minutes he forgets everything what he learnt earlier with interest. Why is it so?
My baby eat some cerelac. After he was fall from bed. Then he vomiting 1 time. His behaviour is normal. Is there anything to fear?
My one year old baby boy is getting hard stools and pushes very hard while doing this. It is since her birth. What to do?
Now, today's world is suffering from many unknown ailments, due to our modern lifestyle, diet and many more. One of the most hazardous problems today's world is suffering from is ear related i. E ringing sound or tinnitus with vertigo and hearing loss. So as an audiologist my request and advice to all to avoid unwanted loud sound and protect your hearing by either wearing ear plugs or ear muffs or by avoiding such detrimental situations by wiseness, because tinnitus is mostly related to your duration of noise exposure. Because your health is in your hand. So you people decide.
Hi doctors my baby is 2 months doctor prescribed her vitamin d drops I have heard d drops make baby dark is that true. Bcoz when she was born she was fair after phototherapy she became very much dark so. Please help me out
Diabetes is caused due to hormonal imbalance in our bodies. When the equilibrium between insulin and glucagon (hormones related to the sugar levels in the body) is disturbed, an individual suffers from diabetes. The disease is of two types: Diabete mellitus (Type-I and Type II) and Diabetes insipidus. When your body fails to release adequate insulin, the food that we consume is not properly converted into sugar or glucose. This is Type-I diabetes. On the contrary, if body releases defective insulin, one suffers from Type-II diabetes. Type-1 diabetes is sometimes called juvenile diabetes, or insulin-dependent diabetes. Type 1 occurs more frequently in children and young adults, but accounts for only 5-10% of the total diabetes cases nationwide. The basic symptoms of diabetes include changing sugar levels, excessive urination, thirst, weight loss and a lack of energy. Diabetes is caused due to a number of factors, ranging from environmental matters or hereditary links.
Homeopathic Remedies for Diabetes
Diabetes requires prolonged treatment. Long exposure to allopathic drugs can hamper your body organs due to its side effects. Therefore, it is advisable to take up homeopathic remedies, which have a long lasting effect on the patient. These medicines don’t cause side effects. Here are some of the remedies:
- Uranium nitrate: This compound reduces the sugar levels in the bloodstream and also keeps a check on frequent urination. It is prescribed for patients who develop the disease due to assimilative derangements. The symptoms that are looked for while prescribing medicines containing this compound include digestion problem, languor and debility, excess sugar in urine, huge appetite and thirst.
- Phosphoric acid: This compound is best for the treatment of diabetes that has a nervous origin. The symptoms that are looked for include excess urine and the colour of the urine is milky; poor mental force and general lethargy. The patient can also develop a bruised feeling in the muscles.
- Phosphorus: This compound is given to patients, suffering from diabetes and pancreatic diseases, especially tuberculosis or gouty diathesis. The symptoms include dry mouth, dark and watery stool and restlessness.
- Lactic acid: It is helpful for treating gastrohepatic type of diabetes. The symptoms that will have to be present in the patient include light yellow coloured urine, dry skin and tongue, thirst, nausea, and costive bowels.
- Insulin: Insulin therapy is an important as it helps in maintaining a balance in the sugar levels and keeps the urine free from sugar.
My baby girl is 1 month after farting and toilet she releases little poop. Please advise. After every feed she gets 15 min burping.
Hello Doctor, My 9 year child has a large porencephalic cyst in the left frontal lobe since birth. He has become epileptic, his right limbs got affected and has got behavioural issues too. Will Stereotactic treatment help him to recover his ailment. Thanks.
Can I relact my baby 4.5 months old I had stopped as I was having low milk supply and lack of support. I am interested in breastfeeding my baby. (He is completely bottle fed.)
Hi Is it ok to give water to 6 months old baby. She is taking fruits and vegetables juice etc. But doctor did not permitted us to give her water. Please suggest.
My baby boy was born on 28-nov-2016 he is a preterm baby born in 7th month my due date was 28-jan-2016 and he was born on 28-nov-16. Now he is around 2.5 months and weights around 3 kgs the problem is that after feeding him for an hour also he still cries for milk so can I give him NUTRICA DEXOLAC SPECIAL CARE formula powder milk? Is it good and harmless?
My son is entering middle school in the fall. What advice can I give him if he finds himself on the receiving end of cyberbullying?
Hello Doctor, I am 24 year, my baby is about a month & I stated feeding but after a month my left side breasts nipple is very paining every time he sucks for milk and after that also he remains pain. And as right breast is not so pain. When I do small massage around the nipple it feels so relax but after feeding paint starts. 2) at the time of feeding I also feels very thirsty? Why it is cause of that? Please help me out doctor.
Hi, I have a three months old baby who refuses to breastfeed suddenly. Its been one month now, sometime it's really frustrating whenever I tried to feed him he cries like anything so this days I am usually feeding him when he sleeps. Even if I tried to hold him on my lap he cries thinking that I am going to feed him. Please help.
She is 1 years and 2 month. No medical history. She had high grade fever and mild congested lungs for 2wks. They gave paracetamol sup and nebulizer tid. She became sick with chest distress. Admitted in hospital 3 days diagnosed as mild pneumonia and? Foreign body in lung. They kept her in icu with antibiotics iv and asthma medications. Oxygen saturation fluctuated from 80s% to 100%. They transfered her to tertiary hospital for bronchoscopy. Then she became so sick when reached that hospital and they did intubation immediately with ventilator and send for urgent bronchoscopy. They didn't find foreign body. The infection increased became severe pneumonia. After 2 days both lungs collapse. They applied ecmo for 7 days but it happened complications. The Bleeding increased. The kept her on rbc and fbb transfusion. After that the removed ecmo. Now she is on ventilator and icd applied because pneumothorax happened 5 times in both lungs. She is now one month on ventilator and I've antibiotics. But her condition deteriorating to worse. Every day infection increased. Now also she got adenovirus. Please what we can do for her? Because her condition become worse?
If you are experiencing a wheezing sound while you breathe or having difficulty in breathing, you are suffering from asthma. It is a medical condition characterized by paroxysmal wheezing respiration dyspnoea. There is no definite way to prevent asthma, but by following a step-by-step daily plan, you can prevent asthma attacks or keep them in check.
Symptoms of Asthma or Asthma Attack
- Chest tightness or chest discomfort
- Breathing discomfort with or without cough
Here are some important measures to follow to prevent asthma:
- You need to strictly follow your asthma action plan. The plan should be laid down after a detailed discussion with your doctor or healthcare team. All the medicines you require to prevent the asthma attacks will be written down for you.
- You should get vaccinated for pneumonia and influenza. This will prevent these conditions from triggering asthma attacks or flare-ups.
- You need to identify the asthma triggers and stay away from them. Several outdoors irritants and allergens from pollen to cold air can trigger asthma attacks.
- You have to monitor your breathing. By recognising the warning signs of an attack like wheezing, slight coughing or shortness of breath, you can prevent an asthma attack. You need to measure and record your peak airflow regularly using a home peak flow meter.
- By acting quickly, you can identify a fatal attack and prevent it from occurring. When the peak flow measurement decreases, you need to take your medicines immediately and abstain from any activity which may have triggered the attack.
- You need to keep taking your prescribed medicines, even if your asthma symptoms have improved. You should not change your medication schedule without consulting a doctor. It is recommended that you to bring along the medicines you take at your doctor’s appointment as he will be able to tell whether you are taking them right.
- If you use your quick relief inhaler a lot, the asthma is not under control. You need to visit your doctor as soon as possible and he/she will make some modifications to your treatment.
- For prevention of asthma, you should use allergy proof pillow covers and mattresses. You must wash your bedding every week in hot water to eliminate dust mites. You may use a dehumidifier for reducing excess moisture to prevent mold.
- Do not allow your pets in the bedroom and on the furniture. Pet dander is a common trigger of asthma and it cannot be avoided by people who own pets.
- You can also fit an air filtration system in your home. It will help in the elimination of asthma triggers such as pollen, dust mites and other allergens.
Doctor suggests immunotherapy for asthma prevention in the form of allergy shots. Immunotherapy aims at altering a person’s immune response by making it less sensitive to asthma triggers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
Is your child getting exhausted after a bout of cough? Does he or she suffer from constant wheezing and tightness of the chest? Does your child feel drained out after climbing a flight of stairs? Do you know a child who always seems to run out of breath and cannot participate in school sports tournaments or play outside for a long time? The child could be suffering from asthma, which is a serious breathing problem. Most children are affected by asthma. Staying in a polluted city just makes the condition worse.
Asthma - Know the disease
- Asthma is a condition that causes inflammation of the airways, known as trachea and bronchioles.
- The muscles around the airways constrict and prevent the smooth flow of air.
- The lining of the bronchioles swell and block the airways.
- Asthma is mostly triggered by an allergic reaction.
- There is a difficulty in breathing out. Exhalation of air is often accompanied by a wheezing, that is, a whistling sound.
- There is a constant shortness of breath, feeling out of breath and gasping for air.
- There is an uncomfortable tightness in the chest, the feeling of not breathing in enough air.
- Coughing bouts in the middle of the night, that leave the child feeling exhausted and completely out of breath.
Causes of Asthma
Asthma is mostly triggered by asthma allergens. These allergens are mostly pollens and animal fur.
- Exposure to pollution, such as dust and smoke
- History of heartburn, GERD and acid reflux
- Inflammation of sinus and airways
- History of bronchial disorders and pneumonia
- Viral infections
- Chronic rhinitis
- Low immunity causing constant cold and blockage of nose
Treatments of asthma
- A nebulizer that turns asthma medicine into a mist can then be inhaled easily
- An inhaler can be used to take in inhaled steroids into the lungs or a bronchodilutor
- Try and avoid asthma triggers and allergens as much as possible
- Avoid physical stress and heat
- Get sufficient rest of about 7-8 hours every day
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pulmonologist.