Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. ShylajaYour feedback matters!
I am 46 years female and unmarried. I am continuing my periods every month but it remain for two and half days. I want to get married. I want to know about my case of fertility and how to deal with it after or before marriage?
Effects of Smoking on Sexual Health
Smoking, in general, has a negative effect on the human body. It can cause a host of disorders such as mouth cancer, blood pressure problems, and lung cancer. Smoking affects the sexual performance of both men and women.
Here are some effects that smoking has on sex :-
1. Impotence: Smoking can damage the blood vessels that lead to erectile dysfunction (a condition where the penis cannot sustain an erection).
2. Decrease in libido: Smoking can cause various physical problems such as stamina reduction and lack of desire for sex. An individual who smokes won't be able to give an optimal sexual performance and this can further lower satisfaction levels.
3. Erectile dysfunction: Smoking can cause problems related to the circulation of the blood in the body. It can narrow the arteries that supply blood and this is directly linked with erectile dysfunction.
4. Tissue damage: Smoking can damage the tissues inside the penis thus impairing your ability to have an erection during sexual intercourse.
5. Early onset of menopause: It can affect the estrogen (a sex hormone) levels in the female body; so, women who smoke tend to reach menopause early.
6. Reduction in penis size: It can reduce the penis size in men by damaging the blood vessels and the structure of the tissue around the penis. This is more common in younger men.
7. Reduction in stamina: Smoking can cause a reduction in the stamina, thus a person will not be able to perform well sexually. It can lead to fatigue and tiredness during sex.
Of course, there are a lot of therapies which can help you recover from the damage already happened because of smoking and prevent further damage.
Related Tip: Smoking and Its Effect on Teeth
Hello Doctor, I am 2 months pregnant. In Dino mujhey thakawat feel hoti h morning & evening me. or kabhi kabhi bhook nahi lagti h or kabhi kabhi bahut bhook lgti h. What should I do? Please suggest me. Kya mujay koi special diet laene chahiye.
No periods its 5 weeks after medical abortion, only once had sex with pull method 2 week back, home pregnancy test is negative, but no periods yet only bloating and cramping from one week.
My mom has burning sensation in her palms and feet, since last 2-3 weeks, she has been taking paracetamol as per doctor's advice, i've researched on the internet and doctors say its a case of nerve damage, can any doctor explain me in clear what exactly this could be, and what are the tests we can perform to analyze this problem.
I had unprotected sex, now I think my wife is pregnant, but nw we do not want to have baby neither we want to go for abortion. Is there any natural way of avoiding pregnancy, like I think 1 could be eating papaya. Also if papaya helps now, will we b able to have baby in n future?
Vulvodynia refers to a condition, in which you have chronic pain near your vaginal opening. This area is known as the vulva. Vulvodynia is an extremely painful condition, which also causes a lot of irritation and burning in the vulva. There is no known cause of vulvodynia and it has been said that vulvodynia can go on for months or even years. It is such a painful condition that having sex or even sitting down for extended periods will be troublesome for you.
Here is everything you need to know about Vulvodynia.
There is only one symptom of vulvodynia and that is when there is pain in your genital area. However, the type of pain you experience may be characterized by burning, stinging or itching among other sensations.
The cause of vulvodynia is not yet known. However, there are certain factors, which increase the risk of contracting vulvodynia. Here are the factors.
- Injury or irritation to the nerves around the vulva.
- Vaginal infections
- Sensitive skin
- Changes in hormone levels
Vulvodynia itself cannot be cured, only the symptoms of vulvodynia can be relieved. Relieving symptoms is not a very quick process either as it takes weeks and sometimes even months for the symptoms to
improve. Some of the treatments which can be used to treat vulvodynia include.
- Medicines: Certain medicines relieve the symptoms, which vulvodynia causes. These medicines include steroids and anticonvulsants so that your pain will be reduced. Antihistamines are known to reduce itching.
- Surgery: When vulvodynia is localized to a particular area, surgery can be used to remove the skin and tissue of the area which has been affected by vulvodynia.
- Anesthetics: Local anesthetics can be given so that your pain is reduced for a short while. A good time to apply local anesthetics would be 30 minutes before having sexual intercourse. This is because most local anesthetics used to treat vulvodynia come in the form of ointments. If your partner comes in contact with this ointment, then he will also be feeling numb.
- Pelvic floor therapy: Many times, vulvodynia is caused by the tension in the muscles of the pelvic floor. Exercises to relieve those muscles often ease the pain caused by vulvodynia.
Related Tip: "Causes and Symptoms of Vulvodynia"
After first intercourse getting burning sensation and itching in the vagina. Please give some solutions! (Tabs or creams if there any?
I have pcod problem. Without medicine the periods could not come. What can I do for coming regular periods without medicine.
I am 23 year old and it is my first pregnancy I feel always sleepy and if I stand for more than 10 minutes I will get giddiness and my waist of left side will only pain wen I lay. Plus suggest me.
I'm papanna before marriage my wife having periods 2 or 3 months once, after marriage also continued same thing and she didn't get pregnancy also, please suggest what problem we are facing and any solution.
If during sex my partner doesn't ejaculate inside me then there is also any chances of pregnancy and if am getting my periods regular.
Hi, Wearing the tight jeans or skinny fit jeans and underwear puts pressure on the testicles. And is this may lead to infertility? If so what is the precautions to take care?
I am pcod patient and if I take follihair tablet for hair fall. It causes weight gain or not and should I take this tablet or not.
I want to conceive baby but follicle converted into cyst. Is any pill for this problem. please help.
I am 49 years old femail named savithri. My utrus & overy removed last march 15 now I facing stomec & vegena pain. Last 10 years I am not allowed for intercouse due to this my husband is not satisfying over me. Now what I do can I doing sex. Please advise me.
The good old saying of drinking milk, eating pulses,greens is back with a bang.it is said that the present day diet is poor in calcium and vital minerals.thanks to the technology ,Average steps were taken by a person is considerably going down. Sedentary lifestyle along with poor diet is the perfect platform for many of the bone disorders seen today.
Wake up at sunrise,enjoy the serene air,breathe in the fresh air ,engage in physical activity and jump to your work with new vigour and energy by consuming a healthy calcium-rich breakfast.this vital nutrient is also involved in the release of feel-good hormones like serotonin.