Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamsunderYour feedback matters!
I am in depression from last 6 months after my fathers death. And forgetting thing frequently. What is the solution to this prob. I had depression pills also but all this does not seems to be effective.
My wife is 42 years old. She was having problem of depression for more than 4 years and now she is out of depression and not taking any medicine, but the problem is that she cannot sleep more than maximum 4 hours. Pl advise us what to do. What will be solution for better sleeping.
Nowadays i am fearing for everything..I am not able to do anything boldly..I am not afraid of ghost before 1 year,but now i am having so much fear to go out at Midnight.Some unexpected things happened in my life,this creates me more pressure..I could not concentrate on my work properly an sleep earlier at night also..Please help to resolve this problem as soon as possible..
Getting Hallucinations is a mental condition where a person sees, feels, hears, and tastes things that actually don't exist beyond one's heightened imagination or delusion. It involves the experience of perceiving something not present. Hallucinations can be pleasing or frightening. However, there is almost always an identifiable cause behind it.
They can be triggered by:
- Taking hallucinogenic or psychotropic substances
- Mental conditions like dementia and schizophrenia
- Neurological conditions like Alzheimer's disease or Parkinson's disease
- Macular degeneration, leading to loss of vision
- Migraines and brain tumor can also lead to such delusions
Some of the signs of hallucinations:
- Hearing voices: The medical term for hearing voices is called an 'auditory hallucination'. A person may sense sounds or noises coming from inside or outside of their mind. The noise might be random or disrupting. One might also feel the voices talking to each other or trying to tell them something. Most of the times, these voices come from inside the person's mind; or in some cases, one's heightened perception may make a normal noise delusional.
- Seeing things: This is also called visual hallucinations. For instance, one may see unnatural things like a floating chair in thin air. It all depends on a person's perception. Sometimes these hallucinations appear as bright flashy spots or rays of light.
- False sense of taste and smell: Technically these are known as gustatory and olfactory hallucinations respectively. One may feel a kind of odor coming from one's body or surrounding; or a person might feel that something he/she is drinking or eating has an odd taste. This is again heightened mal-perception causing delusional sensory activities.
- Tactile hallucinations: This is when a person feels things that don't exist. One may feel that he/she is being touched or tickled even when no one else is around or that insects are crawling beneath the skin. One may experience strange sensations, which are not a part of a reality. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
He has been smoking from an year and smokes around 3-5 cigarette's a day Sometimes his right side of the chest starts pumping for some reason Is it because of smoking or some other reason? Sometimes he even has a very very mild pain in his heart.
I have smoking up marijuana from past 6 months occasionally. I'm quitting it now as I aspire to join Indian army. Would there be any withdrawal symptoms? Thank you.
I am 23 year old female, from past 4-5 months I feel overwhelmed by the stuff around me, I consider people's opinion alot whether it's positive or negative and over think about it which puts me off .I have so many things on plate right now and unable to concentrate on them and do it dedicatedly. When am at work am usually occupied but when am back home my mom is the trigger for me, she is always harsh in her words all though I know she never met to be, b it it's really upsets me alot.
How should I quit smoking, you have taken chewing gums and many more things. But after 2 to 3 days it continue, and weight is also increasing day by day please give me a solution for it, to quit smoking and reduce weight. Actually digestive system is not so good and constipation problem is also to me.
Hi Doc,I am a 50 year old man with no health problems.It is about a month now that when ever I take a nap in the afternoon,I feel as if somebody had sprayed me with water on my body and this wakes me up.Can you please tell me why is this happening with me?This does not happen to me when I sleep in the night.Thanks Fabian
My sister is having stress problem. She is taking tension of small small things. sometime she became agree & violent on small small things also. Kindly suggest me medicine without side effect.
Relationships may or may not always pan out the way you expect them to. Be it with a friend, family member or your partner, certain relationships may end up getting bitter over time. The reasons for this may be tensions in the relationship, break-ups, lack of compatibility, infidelity, lack of attention to details, over familiarity and so on. Although such incidents may scar you forever, it is always possible to mend your relationships, if you intend to.
The first thing you can do is to try to build a new friendship, whether it’s with your ex-lover or anyone else you may have had a fall-out with. Take for example, the former couple- Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone. These Bollywood celebrities have flawlessly transitioned from being ex-lovers to being good friends.
So how did they do it?
Through 3 simple ways Ranbir and Deepika were able to heal the past and forge a new and meaningful relationship:
1. They kept it formal while setting boundaries
Ranbir and Deepika comfortably worked with each other in several movies as on-screen lovers with no insecurities. The reason they were able to do this was because they had set clear emotional boundaries.
Being secure is essential for you to stop yourself from reliving the past. Setting clear boundaries may help you in accepting that things are different now and the relationship has changed. Both the concerned people must respect each other’s decisions in order to have cordial relations and not be uncomfortable in the other’s presence.
2. They accepted the differences between them
Ranbir and Deepika were only successful in maintaining a cordial relationship because they had embraced each other’s differences rather than attempting to change each other.
You can only do this by giving yourself a little time. You can personally try to accept how every individual has a set of distinct characteristics and then try to respect and accept them for it.
3. They were polite and lived in the present
Even after having a checkered history together Ranbir and Deepika chose to remain courteous and amicable towards one another. They only focused on the present scenario, instead of mulling over past grievances - The biggest reason why they are on such good terms.
You should try to forget the past and hope for an improved future. Whether you meet at a social or an official gathering, you must hold your ground, be professional and courteous towards the concerned person. Participating in loose gossip about the individual or acting petty doesn’t reflect well on your personality.
Also, living in the past is a sign of an unhealthy state of mind. Learn to let go, and move on.
By learning from the real-life example of Deepika and Ranbir, you too can balance all your relationships well, no matter what happens.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.