Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shyamsunder
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamsunderYour feedback matters!
She has undergone a surgery of gall stone removal on may 2016, and now she was facing pain body pain she was prescribed with acidic-t4, vitency. After using this she feels better and relieved. Can she use this for longer periods like months to years? Is there any side effects to this? Help me with the following problem.
I don't know why I will become very fever in every matter. I think it may come from inheritance from my father. Overthinking and negative thinking about others and leads to stress. Sometimes I thinks I can do anything and sometimes I can't do anything. While doing anything, I thinks that all are taking unnecessary advantage from me so I avoid talking. Get Heartbeats faster and tense and eyes becomes red while others talk some louder or rudely. It makes me uncomfortable. Please suggest me any remedies to avoid this type of stress.
Chronic health disorders like Schizophrenia affect not only the patient, but also the life of their care givers. Though Schizophrenia can be treated to improve the patient's quality of life, it cannot be cured. Hence, it falls on the care giver's shoulders to watch out for symptoms of this disease and manage the person and their disorder. What should one do in such a case?
- Educate yourself: The first step towards looking after a person with Schizophrenia is to know the symptoms of the disease. With treatment, these may become better or worse so if you notice any change in the symptoms, bring it to your doctors notice at once.
- Reduce stress: Your goal as a schizophrenic person's caregiver should be to give them a calm environment and boost their confidence. Stress has a negative effect on all people and in schizophrenics this effect is much worse. Hence reduce stress and create an effective support system and structured environment for your loved one.
- Do not ask the patient to change 'his reality': When a person is suffering from schizophrenia, you should not force them to change their behaviour and reality, in order to adjust in the society at large. You should rather support the patient to accept his reality, to be at peace, since there is a very strong genetic component involved in its aetiology. Also, it is important that, both the patient and the family in particular should opt for regular counselling sessions.
- Regular exercise: Schizophrenics need not be cooped up in the house all day. Encourage the patient to go outside and exercise regularly. Exercise reduces stress and produces endorphins that make a person feel energized and happy. This should be complemented by a healthy diet. Minimize the amount of carbs and sugar intake and increase the amounts of omega 3 fatty acids in the patient's diet.
- Join a support group: Joining a support group is a very good idea for both the patient and the caregiver. For the patient, this provides a form of social interaction and for the caregiver is a platform to meet people with similar first hand experiences
- Encourage treatment: Convincing a Schizophrenic person to seek treatment can be quite challenging. Suggest treating symptoms of the disorder such as insomnia problem and lack of energy rather than the disease itself to make the patient feel more comfortable. Give the patient options to choose from to make them feel more in control of the situation.
- Monitor medication: Once the treatment has started, ensure that the patient sticks to the prescription. Maintain a regular schedule by using weekly pill boxes and alarms. Also keep an eye on the possible side effects of these medicines. Ensure that your doctor has a complete list of medicines that the patient takes so that there is no chance of medicines interacting negatively with each other.
- Prepare for crisis situations: It is always a good idea to have an emergency plan in place. Keep emergency contact details of all the doctors and therapists at hand along with the address and phone number of the closest hospital. Share your situation with friends and family so that in case of an emergency, they can be relied upon to take care of your children and other dependants.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized psychiatrist and ask a free question.
I have less memory power. Whenever I read or learn something I forgot it by next day so how can I improve my memory power.
Homeopathy is a medical science which is used to cure diseases and is based on the principle of "like cures like". It was developed by Dr. Samuel Hahnemann who was a general physician by profession in Germany. The concept, "like cures like" may sound a bit weird but it is proved to be successful and homeopathy treatment for any ailment is preferred worldwide. Depression is a kind of mental ailment or disease which could make a person lose hope of living life and results in hopelessness and sadness.
There seems no cure to your problems. But in homeopathy we have the answer to your problem. First we need the signs and symptoms to identify depression. Homeopathy medicines are totally natural and have fewer side effects than allopathic versions.
Types of depression:
- Depression due to stress
- Depression due to menopause
- Depression due to work load
- Depression in teenagers
- Depression in old people
- Major depression
- Atypical depression
- Seasonal Affective Disorder
Symptoms of depression are:
- Feeling hopeless and sad - The first signal or symptom is feeling of hopelessness. In this, the patient loses the hope in everything. They feel like being trapped in some kind of cage from which they are not able to come out.
- Lack of interest in anything - Everything seems to be of no use or interest, even your daily work. You don't want to do anything; even the things which you loved to do like your hobbies and passions which you no longer find interesting.
- Sleep irregularity - Insomnia or oversleeping. Either you sleep too much or do not sleep at all. This could be because of work or other stress in your personal or professional life.
- Irritation or unnecessarily getting angry - You start losing your temper easily and that too for silly reasons. You think you are losing control.
- Appetite problems- You either stress eat too much or too less or sometimes not at all. You are not willing to even eat your favourite dish.
- Concentration problems- You can't focus or concentrate on a particular thing for a long time.
- Frustration - You start feeling worthless and might even think of ending your life and getting out of this problem. Your behaviour changes and you can't think properly on one topic.
No need to get disheartened if the above symptoms are plaguing you, because the solution of your problem is in homeopathy. Homeopathy medicines do not have side effects and they remove the ailment from the roots. Medicines like Arsenicum Album, Ignatia, Natrum Muriaticum, Sepia help in various kinds of depressions. These should be taken in proper quantity as directed by the physician to get cured properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.