Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamsunderYour feedback matters!
Except fruits , vegetables and non vegetable food . Things which are best for brain sharpness mental and physical health. Show them in a table form our daily servings time.
Unable to put concentrate on study's my mind automatically diverted to do some unnecessary works how to turn my mind towards study.
My mind is thinking impossible things and imagination is more deeply them. I can't stop it. Like I am talking with animals I'm talking with gost.
Hi Doctors, I am 24years female unmarried. Working in manufacturing company. I need to know about myself and need to clarify issues in relationship. I get depressed a lot, stress and making my surrounding unhappy. I need to know whether to consult Psychiatry or psychologist. Best results without medicine and consultation cost can be upto 300Rs. Kindly suggest in all aspects as soon as possible.
I am unmarried male suffering from psychological impotence which has arisen from depression. Now the depression is cured but the problem continues.
Hi all. I am somewhat going through depression period as I am feeling lot negative, pessimist,persistent sadness, over thinking,tension headaches, nervous.I m undergoing treatment but not fully recovered. I don't feel like doing anything. What can I do. Please tell and suggest.
I am in strange situation. I am teacher in school. Last month I somehow got close to one of my student and ended up having sex with her. I have a fiancee in Bhopal and i am expected to married next year. I am feeling guilty and don't know what to do? My student is 17 years and I really enjoy having sex with her. Its been a month and I don't want to stop sex with her. please tell me what should I do?
Am Sunil 23 years memory loss with in short time period easy forget and mind goes suddenly in excitation and suddenly depression. Give me solution to overcome this problem.
I have issues with my speech. While speaking, the words that contain C or S, air blows through nose which is blocked due to tonsillitis and heavy cough. Is there a way except speech therapy to cure it. I am okay with operation if that cures it 100%.
I am 33 years old my problem are since last two years i fell this. (A) at day time occasionaly not daily my mind be absence. If i drive i forget where i am going though i have command on my driving. (B) since last six month i face problem at night time means when i was sleeping. As my family member observation they said that initially i sought loudly then salivation comes from mouth and my body be hard. in both of this case i be normal after 10 - 12 minutes totally. So, anyone say me what is the reason and why it happens. And how should i be normal.
Hi im 23 years old male. Mera last 5-6 months se mera mind past ki baaton me chalta rehta hai round the clock. Actually last year mera meri girlfriend se breakup ho gaya tha, jiske sath mera 6mnths ka relation tha. Or jiske liye mai khud ko responsible maanta hun. I think mere ego or attitude ki vajah se breakup ho gaya tha or voh bhi kabhi-2 kehti thi ki mai uski baaton ko for granted leta hu. Mai roz guilt mein survive kar raha hu or apne aap ko jimmendar manta hu. Uski baatein roz mere mind mein 24 hrs ghumti rehti hai or uske saath spend kia hua time bhi. Mai bhi usko pyar karta tha Or mai janta hun voh meri life mein ab kbhi vapas nhi aayegi and I really miss her. Mera daily suicide karne ka mann karta hai. Aisa lagta hai jaise meri life ek curse hai. Or ha mujhe OCD bhi hai, but mujhe nahi lagta sab iski vajah se hai. I really don't knw what to do. Meri mind ki koi concentration nahi hai. Mai daily stress mein rehta hu. If you can help me toh plss help me ki wht I have to do really ki mai apni life phirr se khushi se jee saku. Aur apna mind iss cheez se divert karke apni professional life mein kuch kar saku.
I am not able to ejaculate inside but I can ejaculate while masturbation . Whenever I masturbate my heart rate goes high around 120 beats per minute and bp also increases and I sweat alot too. Is this normal ? All these issues are making me anxious. Please help me.
A couple was in a relationship since 5 years. They started their love from college days, Facebook has played important role for them. They were happy .girls have done a lots of things for him at the same time boy did same. They have enjoyed a few small moment. From the the college days boy was very a soft kind person, whenever he saw any poor and needy he donated everything. He did not do any bad things. Time has changed, Boy came to Bangalore and girl in Hyderabad. Slowly their relationship went wrong. Girl used to complain that her room mate feel jealous. Boy was very good in writing and done some of film making. He is having his own two books. He has left his bright future in that industry and join IT industry because He wants to live with her and as far as his GF is concerned she did not like that media profession. Thats Why he left that job. Now they broke up. it is 8 months running. He can not forget her and almost every day he saw her in his dream. He wants to continue his job but difficult to continue. He called his ex GF and beg to come and ask to start from beginning. She has insulted and ask him to forget. He can not concentrate in it. His job stays in danger. He is in a very Bad Situation, Will you help him to come out from this Problem. God will bless you. Unfortunately I am that Boy.
I am 26 year old female, studying, I have a serious relationship issue with someone, for whom I have fallen, and we had physical intimacy. For me it is serious, but I am not so sure about him, as he always says I am trying. He is still into his last relationship, but he is not in contact with her. I somehow don't know how to act, and it is affecting my professional life a lot, and I am getting addicted to smoke and alcohol. It would be grateful if you give some solution.
Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome is the name given to the symptoms seen in you if you consume heavy doses of alcohol frequently and then suddenly quit or reduce your alcohol intake considerably. These symptoms may surface anytime between six hours to a few days after you last drank.
Common symptoms of alcohol withdrawal syndrome:
- Immense sweating
- High blood pressure
All these symptoms may worsen over a few days and may even last till a few weeks.
What is the root cause?
Alcohol arouses your nervous system. In case you are a heavy drinker, your body gradually gets dependent on alcohol, and cannot adapt too easily to the lack of alcohol after you have abruptly quit. This is the root cause of Alcohol Withdrawal Syndrome (AWS).
Who is at risk?
You are at the maximum risk of AWS if you are an alcohol addict, or you cannot gradually cut down on its intake.
How do doctors diagnose AWS?
Usually, doctors will search for a few symptoms in you, like irregular heart rate, dehydration, fever, and tremors or minor fits. A toxicology screen also helps your doctor finding out the levels of alcohol in your body.
How is AWS treated?
Treatment depends on the severity of the symptoms. Usually are:
1. Home Care - Mild symptoms of AWS can be treated at your home. You need to go for your regular routine checkups and tests. You may also have to go to rehabilitation programs for recovering alcoholics.
2. Hospitalization - If your symptoms are more severe, you may have to be treated in a hospital, where you will be monitored and kept on a fluid diet to help prevent dehydration.
3. Medications - You can also be treated with sedatives.
Do you recover fully?
Usually, chances are that you will fully recover from AWS. If you quit drinking, take your medicines on time, and lead a healthy life thereafter. However, sleep disturbances and fatigue may persist. But, if you have severe symptoms of AWS, you should seek medical care as soon as possible to prevent any further fatal complications.
Related Tip: Alcohol And Its Effect On Sexual Life?
I think I am in depression. I can't think as normal person thinks and I think the chemistry of my mind is reduced and that's why my thought becoming negative and my approach towards life is also becoming negative. So please guide me properly.
A panic attack can start suddenly and may be caused due a variety of reasons. A patient of depression and anxiety usually goes through such attacks. The symptoms of these attacks include sudden and persistent fear, the feeling of losing control, the feeling of having a heart attack, palpitations problem, sweating, dizzy spells and more. It has been medically proven that most adults go through at least one or more panic attacks in their lifetime.
Here are a few ways in which one can stop a panic attack:
- Recognise the Signs: Take note of the symptoms. From a feeling of choking to detachment, losing control, surreal experiences, dizzy spells, nausea, pain in the abdomen and chills, to tremors, and a fear of facing death, there are many symptoms that can put your body in a fight or flight response where things may suddenly seem terrifying, and without any reason at that.
- Breath Control: Learn to control your breathing as soon as you begin to experience the symptoms. This will help in distraction even as it soothes and calms you down, thus forcing you to think rationally about the fear and helplessness that you are suddenly experiencing. Sit down with your knees bent and let your shoulders relax.
- Relaxation Techniques: Learn and practice a few relaxation techniques during times like these. This may include simple things like rubbing your neck and more focused activities like talking to yourself and meditating.
- Continuation: Remember to hold your breath, let it out, and then carry on with the activity that you had set out to do. If you stop what you were doing, then the message going to your brain is loud and clear and you will panic even further. But if you relax and zone out before letting yourself go about the chore, however robotically, then it will have a positive effect on the messages that are sent to your brain.
- Medication: In the event that you are not able to fully control and relax yourself and your thoughts, then you may want to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe specific medication that will help in relaxing you. Sedatives and antidepressants may also be prescribed for patients who are going through severe episodes of panic with debilitating symptoms.
- Differentiate between Stress and Panic: Many times, we may feel like we are panicking, yet this may simply be a way of going through stress. It is important to focus on recognising events and reactions as stress or panic.
Not allowing yourself run away from a situation is a sure shot way of dealing with panic as this condition the brain to be more accepting and resilient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.