Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shyamsunder
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamsunderYour feedback matters!
I am addicted to alcohol. I will drink daily minimum 9 to 10 pegs. Due to this habit I'm getting shivering if I didn't drink so kindly help me.
I am taking szetalo ls for depression for 2 months! But now sometime I feels very sleepy at day! Loss libido! Mental forgetfulness, confusion, Fatigue to go somewhere alone! Next day I wake up but it takes time to decide the day! also take eltroxin 50 mg!
Taking the healthcare industry with a storm, FDA has finally approved the first drug with a digital ingestion tracking system in US. Abilify MyCite (launched by Otsuka Pharmaceutical Co Ltd.) is the first drug which has an embedded sensor that will record when the medication was ingested.
The pill has only been approved for the treatment of patients suffering from schizophrenia, manic and mixed episodes associated with bipolar type 1 disorder and as an add-on treatment for depression in adults. However, this drug is not approved for patients who are treated for dementia-related psychosis with antipsychotic drugs as they are at an increased risk of death.
Mine mine is not working when I study some subjects I. E. Memorizing. Someone teaching and asked a various questions, I cannot understand what they have told.
My mother is suffering from unexpected behavior which is totally unexpected from her and she is living alone after marriage of my sister and mine and my father is no more and she is teacher so details will be explained in further communication.
I'M 22 years old. Last 3 years I'm continually consuming alcohol. Alcohol get lot of problems for me. Pls suggest me what I'm doing for separate from alcohol.
The thoughts came to my mind while I was walking near the dog and he bites me but in reality no such things happen how should I confirm myself that I was not bitten by dog and I cannot cause rabbies. I cannot found any dog bites on my body, all my body processes are normal and there is no other symptoms. But thought came to my mind that I was bitten by dog and now I cause rabbies so how should I assure myself. One of doctor tells me that I take anti rabies vaccine for satisfaction but in reality dogs doesn't bite me. I cannot think that I should take anti rabies vaccine there is no bleeding and wound on my legs or body. Only thoughts came to my mind that I was biten by dog continuously .How should I deal with such situations?
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a disorder that causes anxiety. It is also called anxiety disorder. The main characteristics of this disorder are uncontrollable, unpleasant thoughts, which are continuing. OCD causes the mind to get stuck on a specific thought or inclination. For instance, you may repeat a task forty times to ensure that it has been done properly. You will not be able to get it out of your mind. OCD is characterized by obsessive thoughts and compulsive behavior pattern.
Some obsessive thoughts include:
- The fear of being defiled by germs or soil and also of contaminating others.
- The fear of losing control and hurting yourself or others.
- Having sexual or brutal thoughts on the mind.
- Extreme focus and devotion to religion and religious activities.
- A sense of fear of losing or not having things you need.
- Having the assumption that everything would go fine.
- The person will become very superstitious.
Some compulsive behavior patterns include:
- Inordinate double checking on things like locks, apparatuses and switches.
- Over and over monitoring of friends and family to ensure they're safe.
- Counting in the head, mumbling nonsense words without meaning.
- Devoting a lot of time for washing and cleaning.
- Praying without reason and taking part in religious ceremonies.
- Accumulating junk material.
Here are some common ways to deal with OCD:
- Regular Exercise: Exercise is the best natural remedy to prevent anxiety, which leads to OCD. Exercise checks your OCD symptoms. It makes your nerves stronger, and hence you can focus your mind out of obsessive thoughts by yourself, when they arrive. Get at least thirty minutes of exercise regularly.
- Connect With Friends And Family: Social isolation is one of the common early symptoms of OCD. Social isolation can lead to OCD as well. Therefore, you must always stay connected to your friends and family so that you never get lonely and anti-social. Share everything with family.
- Sleep Sufficiently: Lack of sleep or troubled sleep may lead to anxiety disorders. You need to sleep enough to be away from obsessive thoughts.
- Perform Relaxation Techniques: Simple practices like yoga, meditation, pranayama help you grow spiritually, relax your mind and keeps OCD away from you.
- Tackle Your Fears: Instead of avoiding fearful thoughts, let them flow and tackle them face to face. This will help you overcome the fear. Adopt measures so that you can focus on other things and ignore the obsessive thoughts. Distract yourself away from the obsession.
OCD is a harmful disorder, and you should take all measures possible to keep away from it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!