Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamalaYour feedback matters!
According to the preconceived notion, drinking alcohol is harmful to the body. It is partly true. Drinking alcohol is harmful to the body, but only in huge proportions. In fact, despite popular belief, drinking alcohol is also good for health.
Here are 8 alcohols that are secretly keeping you healthy:
- Beer: The most common alcoholic drink, beer is loaded with antioxidants called phenols. This protects you against suffering from heart diseases. Beer also lowers the risk of acquiring high blood pressure and helps maintaining it.
- Red Wine: Apart from being a classy drink and having the same benefits of beer, the additional brownie points of red wine is that it helps in increasing life span by generating longevity genes. It also increases good cholesterol and reduces bad cholesterol in the body.
- Ethanol: Ethanol reduces the risk of wear and tear in the brain neurons. Any damage to the neurons may lead to Alzheimer's or dementia. Hence ethanol helps to prevent any harm to the brain cells.
- Vodka: Vodka helps in clearing bad breath as the high alcohol content kills all bad odour bacteria present. It also helps to reduce stress and disinfect wound. It improves the health of the skin and stimulates hair growth. Toothache is also another issue which Vodka can work wonders on.
- Whisky: Whisky helps to numb throat pain when it is gargled in a mixture with warm water. It stimulates weight loss. Whisky also helps in preventing dementia. Other benefits of this drink that it prevents diabetes and cancer. It also helps to keep the heart healthy, increases the level of good cholesterol and terminates blood clots. Whiskey is believed to be one of the healthiest drinks among the alcoholic beverages.
- Tonic: The combination of gin and tonic is very useful while treating malarial infection as it contains quinine; which is used for the treatment of malaria.
- Brandy: Brandy is one alcoholic drink which is full of healthy antioxidants. It has anti ageing properties; hence is very good for the skin. Brandy also reduces the level of bad cholesterol in the body. It also helps in the treatment of bladder and ovarian cancer as well as sore throats and cough.
- Rum: Rum increases life longevity. It is very beneficial for the heart. It also functions as a blood thinner and helps in increasing the level of good cholesterol. Having this wonderful drink occasionally also guards you against osteoporosis and common cold.
Hello Ma'am, I am planning to conceive from last Feb 16. 3 months back I was detected with thyroid, I have no irregular periods, My thyroid levels are normal now, then my scan shows I have hydrosalphinx in my left fallopian tube, it is dilated, then I had taken Xray to find our my tubes are blocked or not. They are open. Will I become pregnant.
An estimated of 10 percent or more children snore for more than 1 night. Snoring results from the obstruction of breath when the air makes its way through the mouth. The air passage of the throat through which the air goes in and out causes the tissue to vibrate causing snore. The sound of the snore totally depends on the amount of air passing through the mouth and the frequency at which the throat is vibrating. Children above the age of three years tend to snore when they are deep in sleep.
Primary and secondary snoring:
Children who are otherwise healthy should not have a snoring problem unless there is some health disorder. However, if loud snoring is observed in otherwise a perfectly healthy kid, seeking medical help is a wise thing to do. In general, primary snoring is defined as a condition which is not associated with other sleep-related disorders such as lung disorder, OASS, inability to sleep for a longer duration etc.
It is estimated that close to three percent of the children suffers from breathing problem while sleeping. OSAS is a condition which is characterised by pauses in breathing and gasps along with loud snores. There could be instances where a kids’ muscle relaxes way too much obstructing the air to pass through. The body and the brain are both alerted at this stage. As soon as the brain sends a signal, the body wakes up. Thus, most kids suffering from this disorder are not able to sleep well and tend to feel tired throughout the day.
Common causes of sleep apnea:
Sleep apena is a major cause of snoring. It can be caused because of allergies, obesity, GERD etc. In children sleep, apnea can also be caused by tonsil. Since the tonsil size of children less than 7 years of age tends to be bigger than adult individuals, it causes snoring related problem. Swollen tonsils not only obstruct air but creates other health related problems as well.
Symptoms of sleep apnea during the day and night:
- Loud snore
- Snorts, gasps, pauses during sleep
- Heavy sweat during sleep
- Social and behavioural problems
- Failure to get up in the morning
- A nasal voice
- Easily irritated, cranky and aggressive
The first thing a that a doctor does is a physical exam followed by observing the symptoms of a kid. Primary snorting can be addressed by physical exercise, counselling and breathing exercise. Problems related to apnea are addressed through medicine, counselling, and exercise. Certain dietary restrictions also needed to be followed during this time. However, apena is completely treatable within a certain time frame.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Sir/madam, If one drop of semen is dropped in our finger then that finger is inserted into vagina there is possibility of getting pregnant?
I got pregnant on 2014 on June then 3 month later I had a miscarriage. After that I have been trying to get pregnant but no success. What can I do?
Hello Doctor, Actually me and and my hubby are trying for a kid from 3 months. I am taking folvite 5 mg from 3 days now. I am really curious and bit nervous as this is my first time. I am already 29 years old. So I want to know if I and my hubby have to undergo any fertility tests. If so what are those tests? Is it painful tests? Please can you mention the tests and how it will be done?
- Get investigated only as per written doctor's advice
- Do consult again for interpretation and clinical significance
- Take full course of medicines
- Get adult vaccinations as per recommendation
- Increase physical activity
- Eat only home made nutritious diet
- Take 2-3 glass full of home made liquids every 2-3hrs
- Remain enthusiastic to pursue your professional life
Penis doesn't enter into vagina, it pains a lot while doing so. But with condom on, penis easily enters vagina. So first I have to enter my penis into her with condom and after sometimes I remove condom and penis enter vagina smoothly, due to which penis doesn't go deeper. Only penis head enter and ejaculation sperm inside her. By this way whether she will get pregnant or not. Maximum quantity of sperm comes out immediately after sex. What to do.
I have irregular period, I have pcos, how I calculate my ovulation date? If my cycle within 40 to 45 day when I ovolute?
Hello. I am 20 yr old girl and often disturbed bcoz of breast pain. I have noticed many times that when I wear bra, my pain increases and when I take it off, pain is slower down in some time. please help me.
5 uncommon ways to live longer
Things such as exercise, a healthy diet are a great way to live longer. However, there are certain uncommon strategies that you could incorporate in extending your lifespan.
Things such as exercise, a healthy diet are a great way to live longer. However, there are certain uncommon strategies that you could incorporate in extending your lifespan. Here are 5 tips to help:
Alcohol: Scientific studies showed that moderate drinking is linked to low mortality rate, while a lack of alcohol totally raises a person’s risk of dying. The study also showed that mortality rates among people who don’t drink alcohol are actually higher than those of hardcore alcoholics. However, moderation and red wine are important.
Sex: Scientific Study has shown that sexual activity has a “protective effect” on health. Though the study features additional evidence to support the idea that women benefit from more frequent encounters, also. The study further shows that men who achieve frequent orgasms can raise life expectancy by 3-8 years and lower mortality risk by about 50 percent.
Shopping: A study discovered that shopping regularly decreases mortality rates for men and women. This doesn’t mean you should spend carelessly. The benefits of shopping have to do with walking and socialising
Laughter: Norwegian scientists have disclosed that those who inject humor into their lives can increase their lifespans by as much as 8 years. Moderate laughter aids in keeping blood vessels elastic. Hysterical laughter can over-exert the body’s organs, which can accelerate certain health conditions or biological defects.
Love the curve: women with larger hips, bottoms and thighs have a lower risk for heart and metabolic diseases. Apparently, when fat lives in the hips and derriere, it helps absorb fatty acids that can lead to the arteries being clogged
Mujhe lukoria ki shikayat hai bhut saalo se par mere vagina se hmesa whiteish dhatu jaisa aate rhta h please help me to cure this doctors. Mai jab bhi koi garm chiz khati hu to ye aur jyada ho jata hai iska koi upay btaye.
Hi I had gone through unprotected Dear Doctor Please let me know ELFA negative result after 9 months considered as conclusive I had unprotected sex with an lady 09 months before without condom. I have gone through several HIV tests like ELISA, ELFA and CIMA in 09 months from the date of risky exposure all results says negative.In fact I checked the blood of the lady also in ELFA method that result also negative Is there anything to worry or not.
Symptoms and preventions for Menopause
Hi Good morning! I am doctor Aparna Jain, senior consultant obstetrics and gynaecology. Today we are discussing problems related to menopause. Average age of menopause in an average Indian woman is 48 years. 2/3 years beyond that and before that is the period of perimenopause. Lot of women suffer from problems related to menopause first of which is hot flashes, another is urinary problem and sometimes menstrual disorder. Then there can be joint pains as well.
1. Hot Flashes. In hot flashes women usually feel lot of sweating and nervousness. Deficiency of hormones lead to hot flashes, for that we need to supplement the woman with hormones and usually we ask to avoid taking hot drinks and advice to take natural isoflavones to avoid hot flashes.
2. Menstrual Disorder. Menstrual disorder usually happens in the form of either irregular periods or heavy menses and irregular period usually occur in the initial six months to one year time then the period usually stops. If the period continues to be irregular then we need to do investigation to find out whether this woman is having any benign disorder in the uterus or malignant disorder in uterus. For that we need to do an ultrasound of lower abdomen and if required a D&C Hysteroscopy to find out whether there is any growth inside the uterus and we send this tissue for histopathology to rule out malignancy. If the bleeding till persists then the woman may need hysterectomy in that age.
3. Urinary Problem. It is quite common. Usually women do not come out with this problem because they feel shy about disclosing it. The most common problems are either frequency or dysuria which means burning during urination. Another is stress incontinence. Whenever they sneeze or cough they pass small amount of urine. It is all because of hormonal deficiency. Because of which the lining of the urinary bladder as well as the lining of the vagina becomes thin so there is chances of recurrent infection and women suffer from this problem. For this we need to supplement the women with hormones as well as ask them to take natural sources of oestrogens like soya isoflavones.
4. Joint Pain. Usually this is because of the deficiency of Vitamin D and Calcium. For this we need to address and tell them to do lot of exercises and to take Calcium as well as Vitamin D
Usually we subject every woman with health package during menopausal period in which we include a pap smear, and ultrasound routine, blood test like CBC, blood count, as well as lipid profile and kidney function test, sugar, urine routine culture, ultrasound of lower abdomen and if required mammography and if we find any problem one can go for a cardiac check up also. And, usually we tell every post menopausal woman to do some amount of exercise and take calcium and vitamin d and plenty of liquids to avoid any problem related to postmenopausal.
Thank you very much. If you have any problem related to this you can consult me either on Lybrate or you can come down to my clinic.