Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shyam Sunder M V
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shyam Sunder M VYour feedback matters!
I had some fungal infection on my chest few days before & now only black spot are remaining on skin due to that infection so which cream I should use to remove that black spots & itch guard cream is good for that? Or suggest any other cream. Thank you.
A brow lift is also known as a forehead lift, is a surgical cosmetic procedure that corrects flaws in the skin above the eyes. It flattens the lines and wrinkles on the skin, tightens the sagging skin that appears to advance in age and restores youthful skin. More and more people are undergoing the treatment every year with a high rate of success.
Features that can be corrected with brow lifts:
- Sagging and horizontal eyebrows that create an expression of exhaustion
- Deep horizontal folds on the forehead skin
- Excess fatty skin that droops over the eyelids
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
Types of brow lift and the respective procedures
- Traditional or coronal brow lift: The patient is put under general anesthesia and an incision is made on the forehead, just below the hairline to hide the scar. The excess skin is removed and the necessary skin tissues are lifted and tightened for a smooth appearance. Finally, the incision is stitched up.
- Endoscopic brow lift: This surgery is also done under general anesthesia, but a number of tiny incisions are made on the scalp. An endoscope is put in through the incisions so that the area of surgery is seen on a computer screen. Other surgical instruments are used to lift the skin tissue on the forehead, reposition the eyebrows and remove all the extra skin and muscle tissue. Then, the incisions are closed with stitches. Now-a-days endoscopic brow lift is undertaken requring specific instrument and training.
- Temporal incision brow lift: This procedure is done with eyelid surgery. It requires larger incisions than those of endoscopic brow lift and these cuts are made just above the temples. Then the tissues above the eyebrows are repositioned, extra tissues between the eyebrows are also removed to flatten the frown lines.
Post-surgical care and recovery
- You have to stop smoking and taking anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medication for a few weeks before and after the surgery.
- Using a cold compress is recommended in case of post-surgical pain. There may also be prescribed ointments that are applied at the cut.
- Your head needs to be kept elevated when lying down for a few days.
- You should have gauze and clean towels readily available in case of minor bleeding.
- You may also experience slight swelling and bruising on the non-operated areas of the face. The pain and itching sensations experienced during recovery are milder in case of traditional brow lift than in case of endoscopic brow lift.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is the treatment of Psoriasis? I have heard Ayurveda effectively treats skin diseases. Please suggest me some effective medicine which can cure this disease.
I'm 60 years old having dull face skin, double chin, melasma, eye bags. I want to know best treatment, otc medicines for skin tightening, face lift and melasma.
I have an oily skin and dark complexion, how to get a white fairer skin through simple home remedies?
Ageing is often the harshest foe to the skin. The years will take its toll on the skin’s tightness, resulting in loose saggy skin. However, there are many techniques which allow for the rejuvenation and tightening of the skin and help you get your youthful look back. Most of these are usually non-invasive or minimally-invasive and include creams, peels, dermabrasion and other such forms of treatment. One such method which has become quite popular is laser skin tightening.
What is Laser Skin Lightening?
As is evident from the name, this method uses a laser or an infrared light source of a specific wavelength to heat up the treated area. This method of treatment specifically heats up the collagen present under the skin and stimulates it to cause tightening. This treatment also encourages the growth of new collagen under the skin.
Benefits of Laser Skin Tightening:
Some of the benefits of laser skin tightening are mentioned below –
It works deep beneath the skin– While most other treatments make you look younger by treating the superficial layers of skin, laser skin tightening works by stimulating the collagen under the skin and thus works from way deeper, making it a more effective treatment. It can easily correct all forms of lines on your neck, forehead, eyes, wrinkles and blemishes.
Minimally invasive– There is no involvement of surgical tools and thus no incisions, stitches or even injections are used. Although the skin is heated up from beneath the surface with the help of a laser, it is still a minimally invasive procedure.
Less painful– Although the lower layers of the skin are heated up, the laser mechanism allows for the top-most layer of the skin to remain cool, thus lessening the pain and discomfort faced during the procedure.
Minimal downtime– Laser skin tightening is a minimally invasive process and is usually done on an outpatient basis. The total downtime is quite minimal and you can resume daily activities quite quickly after the procedure.
- Lasts for longer– As the new collagen develops under your skin, the effects start to show in full swing in about a couple of months. You may at best need a follow up treatment to ensure that the best results are achieved. However, once the treatment is completed and the skin tightens, the effects do stay for quite a while.