Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamYour feedback matters!
My mother is ill now so my aunt is giving breast feed to my brother. Is there any problem to give breastfeed to a child of other lady?
Sir kindly advise recent blood report of my son are as under 1. ALP 769 U/L 2. Calcium 10.2 mg/dl 3. Phosphorus 5.1 mg/dl 4. Calcium serum 9.8 mg/dl 5. PTH 53.9 pg/ml may please advise what problem is with him.
My son is 5 yes old he had viral fever last week but his fever was not down so my family doctor was giving him lumerax 40 12hrly but he was not not fine with that but now he is having abnormality in walking he cannot stand please help me.
My baby is 17 months old his diet is also ok as per the dietitian but still he is too thin his wright is 10 kg600gm. Is there any medicine dat can make him little bit fatty.
My baby who is 50 days old doesn't poo for 3 days. He is breastfeeding only. Is there anything to worry about?
Sir/madam, I have a baby girl 6 months, due to my job reasons am not given breast milk in 5th month. Now am going back to my baby so what can I do to increase production of milk for breastfeeding.
My son is 12 yes old and is prescribed derinide AQ nasal spray ,Arzep nasal spray and formonide 400 novocart. Are these medicines safe for him as I have seen rapid weight gain and stomach problems arise due to this medicine.
Dear doctors We have 2 months old child. I want to know that can we give water to drink? If yes then how many times & if no then why? Pls give ans me.
Excessive hair fall, thinning of hair and bald spots are not only concerns of adults, children too suffer from hair woes. Look for signs and identify causes that are leading to your child's hair loss. With proper treatment hair loss can be reversed and your child's hair can be restored.
Look for these signs to determine whether your child is suffering from hair loss.
- Bald patches on the head.
- Loss of hair from the entire body
- Excessive hair loss but not complete fallout
- Spots of broken hair and scattered hair loss
- Alopecia areata - This condition results in oval patches of hair fallout from certain portions of the head. It is a noncontiguous condition that appears when the body's immunization attacks the hair follicles. About 25% of affected kids also suffer from ridging nails.
- Tinea capitis - Also known as ringworms of the scalp, this is a type of fungal infections that are often seen in children. It causes oval shaped scaly spots on the head due to breakage of hair and the remaining roots seem like black spots.
- Telogen effluvium - If your child has undergone some kind of trauma, be it physical or psychological, it can cause the hair follicles to enter into the resting phase and within 6 to 16 weeks excessive hair loss occurs leaving your child partially bald.
- Trichotillomania - Stress or anxiety can cause your child to pull out his/her own hair. This results in scattered hair loss and broken hair which is prominent on the sides of the head.
- Lack of nutrients - Nutritional deficiency can cause hair loss if your child lacks vitamin A, B complex and biotin it can trigger hair fall.
Hair fall in children is common and treatable if they are of medical causes. Sometimes rubbing and playing with hair can also cause hair loss so parents are advised to look into all the probable causes that might lead to shedding.
Related Tip: What is the Most Effective Hair Regrowth Treatment??
Hi. Recently my wife has 12 days baby girl our problem is she can not eat mother feeding directly. If we force she started more crying. Then we have to eat mother milk or amul shakti by spoon. This is now daily problem so what we do? So that she direct eat mothers milk. please help. Weight 3 kg.
Hello. Can I give Pediasure nutrition powder to my daughter. She is one year 2 months old. Please suggest.
What are symptoms of stammering in the children. My son is 2.5year old and as advised by his play school teacher he stammer some time. Sometimes we also felt, he like to say something but think. But at the same time, if he is learning to speak is it still be called stammering! Pls advise.
Sir mere nephew ko 29 march 2016 ko fever aaya tha aur mene simple analgesic aur antipyretic usko di thi aur fever theek ho gaya tha but 31 march 2016 ko fir fever aaya aur chills bhi lagi aur mene uski blood chack up karbaya to usme malaria parasite P.V.R aaya aur doctor ne usko -ibugesic plus suspention - lariago - aur zifi 100 DT di aur usne bataya ki ibugesic 5 ml agar fever aaye to dena hai aur lariago 7.5ml per day dena hai aur zifi 100 DT ki tblate subah aur sham deni hai aur ibugesic 5ml doctor apne yahan de dee thi but sir jab me ghar aaya to sham ko 6 or 7 pm baje usko phir tej fever aaya aur mene usko 5ml ibugesic phir de dee aur 1or 2 hours me fever chala gaya but sir night ko 3pm baje phir fever aaya aur mene usko phir ibugesic 5ml de dee to sir batay ki medicines dene ke baabjood fever aa raha hai kya ye fever malaria parasite P.V.R me normal hai aur kitana day baad chala jayega ya phir me in medicines ko band kar ke usko kisi achchhe paediatrician ko dikhaun aur uski age 7 ya 8year hai.
Winter comes and brings with itself cold and flu viruses- extremely bad news for babies. What makes it worse is that these viruses are contagious, and they spread fast as they are airborne. In such cases pulling your baby away from a sneezing or coughing or sniffling person is not enough. Neither is covering him up in layers of warm clothes. But you can take certain steps to prevent your baby from falling ill.
1. Wash your and your baby’s hands regularly: Washing your and your baby’s hands regularly is the easiest thing you can do to fend off cold and flu germs. It is essential for you to wash your hands after changing diapers, wiping a runny nose and before preparing your baby’s food. As for your baby, washing his before eating or after he comes back from an outing is an absolute must.
2. Vaccinating your baby: You can further prevent your baby from falling ill during the winter season by making sure all his vaccinations are up to date. Getting him an annual flu shot once he becomes 6 months old is necessary, as it protects your child from catching the flu virus.
3. Boost your baby’s immunity the natural way: You can breastfeed your baby regularly to boost his immunity. The American Academy of Paediatrics strongly advises breastfeeding our baby till he is one year old as it is the best way to provide complete nutrition and enhance the immunity of your baby. Breast milk contains minerals, vitamins and proteins that generate antibodies and help in fighting illnesses.
4. Take your baby out in the sun: Even if it’s outside, taking your baby out in the winter sun can do wonders for his immunity. Vitamin D of the sunlight is a very important part of the body’s immune response. Plus, the fresh air and sunlight can help kill all the germs you may have gathered while being cooped up inside. Just be sure to cover your baby well before taking him out.
5. Make sure your baby gets enough sleep: Inadequate sleep can nearly double the chances of your baby falling ill. Harley Robert, professor of paediatrics at the University of Colorado says that lack of sleep is directly related to the health of your immune system. So make sure your baby gets enough sleep, and be sure to put him to bed earlier if he has been around someone who’s sick.
If you follow these measures, then you can greatly reduce the chances of your baby falling ill this winter.