Find numerous General Physicians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find General Physicians with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Bangalore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shyam
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShyamYour feedback matters!
We had sex with underwear on, and sperm was ejaculated on the underwear, after that also we had sex, but the underwear had semen and it may have got in contact with the vagina, so is it possible to get pregnant in that way?
Hello Doctor, I am 24 years old male from hyderabad. My underarms are sweating always and makes me so unpleasant so please suggest to get rid of this problem I need natural remedy for this problem and what deodorants I have to use and also foods to avoid to get rid of this problem. Thank you.
I am 58, diabetic- latest blood work shows- Tetanus Antitoxin- 0.030 IU/mL ref range <0.1 IU/mL, Diphtheria Antitoxin -0.140 ref range 0.100 -1.000 IU/mL, Pneumoniae IgG Ab, 23 seroptypes done- out of total 23 serotype - 12 shows low values, 1 is very high like 28 times, two are high like 5-6 times high, 7 are normal, Specialist asked for tetatuns, diphetria vaccine only, for pneumonia AB IgG 23 serotype she ewas explaining not worried, getting ear, sinus, eye, throat infections 24/7, tired, week all times. I am Calgary Canada, should I visit India my home country for specialist consult, our health system is super bad like bottom out.
Hii sir/mam I have a problem of coughing, tightness of chest, breathing issue, weakness etc from child. I gone to hospital many times and got a treatment of 3-4 days but after that this problem continues. How can I do please suggest me something I tired of this issue.
I am having gastric problem since a year. I'm taking medicine from store but not getting proper solution. Suggest me Whatton I do please.
Contraceptives are generally drugs and devices, which are used to prevent pregnancy. A large number of contraceptives are available which allow the couple to enjoy sex without running the risk of unwanted pregnancies. The general categories of contraceptives are explained below:
- Male Condom: It is one of the most common forms of contraception. They are worn on the penis before sex is initiated. For safety purpose, a new condom should be used every time the person has sex.
- Female Condom: Much like male condoms, these are available at over-the-counter pharmacies without prescription. The condoms can be inserted to the vagina anytime within a period of 8 hours prior to sex.
- Diaphragm: This should be coated with a spermicide before sex and placed inside a woman's vagina so that the sperms are prevented from entering the uterus.
- Cervical Cap: These are used as replacements for diaphragms because some women may develop bladder infections such as cystitis while using it and these caps have lesser contact with the vagina.
The main implementation of hormonal changes to provide contraception is the pill. This is the most common form of female contraception available. It comes in two forms:
- Combined contraceptive pill: Contains a combination of hormones such as progestin and oestrogen.
- Mini-pill: Contains only progestin: It is available only with the prescription of the doctor and should be used as per the prescription.
Intrauterine Devices: The intrauterine device (IUD) is a long-acting and reversible form of contraception for women. It is of two types: Copper IUD (contains copper) and Hormone-releasing IUDs (progestin hormone is released into the womb slowly). It is a small device that is fitted inside the womb and it provides contraception by facilitating the prevention of fertilization of the egg.
Sterilization: This is a lifelong option that is available for both men and women. In males, the procedure is known as vasectomy which basically ties and cuts off the tubes that carry the sperm.
In women, two forms of sterilization are available; surgical and non-surgical. Surgically, the fallopian tubes are cut and tied using small cuts in the belly so that the ovaries and uterus are not linked. Non-surgically, coils are inserted into the fallopian tubes so the resultant development of scars leads to complete blockage of the tubes.
Other forms of contraceptives include contraceptive patches, vaginal rings, contraceptive injections, spermicides and contraceptive implants. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.