Find numerous Gynaecologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Bangalore. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression and unhealthy diets can contribute to fertility issues. As per a study published by Pharmion, around 30 million Indian couples were estimated to suffering from lifetime infertility, in 2015. Also, the Total Fertility Rate (TFR) fell to 2.3% in 2013 against 3.9% in 1990.
Couples often seek help with methods such as artificial insemination and in vitro fertilization (IVF), but the problem can be solved in natural ways too. Sometimes, the root cause of infertility is simply irregular functioning or blockages in the body systems. The basic principle of Ayurveda is to get the body functioning to its optimum capacity and this is often all that is needed to treat diseases.
Here are a few ways in which Ayurvedic medicine can help treat infertility:
- Phal Ghrit: The medicine is made by combining a number of herbs and it is taken with warm milk. It has been developed especially to treat infertility by controlling the level of hormones secreted in the body. It cannot remedy structural problems, but it can effectively treat functional disorders in the reproductive system.
- Shatavari (Asparagus): This plant is used to treat female infertility by regulating the cycles of menstruation and ovulation.
- Triphala Churna: A combination of three different fruits - baheda, amla and haritaki, this medicine helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthens the immune system and clears blockages in the fallopian tubes.
- Ashwagandha Churna (Indian ginseng): The medicine is used to treat male infertility by naturally increasing the production of sperm in the system.
There are also a few Ayurvedic therapies which can help to cure infertility:
- Vamanam: In this treatment procedure, medicated oil is swallowed to induce vomiting, which expels all the contaminating elements in the body. This process can be done regularly depending upon the overall health of the patient and also helps to combat digestive and psychological conditions.
- Swedanam: This therapy is usually done before other Ayurvedic therapies to prepare the body systems. For patients of infertility, the patient is made to sweat excessively. This also flushes most nitrous compounds out of the body.
- Dhatu Nirman Karma: The cells of the body are made to metabolize, absorb and assimilate nutrients leading to the formation of healthy cells and destruction of the unhealthy ones. This is turn rejuvenates the organs. Usually, this is helpful for female infertility.
My mother, 55 years old is having a very large simple cyst in left ovary measuring 14*12*9 cm volume and intramural fibroid in uterus- larger of 12*12mm size and she is having severe pain in left side stomach and fullness after having normal light diet. Is it possible to cure it with medicine or is it necessary to remove both through surgery -laproscopy or open?
I am 29 years old married women. 3 month back I suffered frm ectopic pregnancy but after operation very thing was ok. But now from 10 days I am suffering from itching in my vagina. I am very disturb. Please help me out from this.
I got married 2 years ago. My wife is 23 yrs. Old. Now, we both want a child. We are trying for last 7 months for pregnancy. We do sex in the fertility periods. But, the result not comes in a positive side. What to do?
Hi, my age is 25 years old I did not get periods from last 45 days. Suggest me some medicines without side effects.
My mom had breast cancer and she was operated on the left breast and the doctor said her lymph node were positive Now I would like to ask you Doctor that her left hand is swollen and I would like to know how to reduce the swelling and the pain in her hand because of the swelling.
Hi, I had a sex on last month 30th and then my gf last period date is 1 but still not yet periods, so today we checked our pregnancy report through by doctor, so it was possitv, now we use menvo vit plus tablet for avoid pregnancy, pls suggest me asap,
Can a girl get pregnant by pre ejaculation fluid if she's in her last days of period cycle? If yes then what medicine should be taken to stop pregnancy?
Some men are addicted to one sex position and it will take some sort of revolution for them to change from that
The most common position most men favour is the missionary position while others are devotees of the doggy style but some modern men are more flexible and they tend to try out various styles, depending on which gives them or their woman the best form of enjoyment or orgasm.
Whatever sex position you favour, here is what it tells about you.
Missionary: This sex position has been described as Sex 101: The basics of love making. It’s the way we’re taught to have sex, and the way that we see it most often in romance movies of the 80s. But although it is a classic sex position, a 'Missionary Man' might be a little insecure or needs reassurance by seeing his lover being responsive.
You may also be keen on having control during sex, as missionary gives you all the driving power. Since the position finds both people face-to-face, there’s some intimacy to it but its basicness suggests the guy might not be confident about the other moves in his arsenal. It is romantic quite alright but not very adventurous.
There’s nothing wrong with loving the classics, but make sure you take a walk on the wild side every now and then. If you can only climax during missionary, that’s a problem and you will need to do some reprogramming to your sex life. Try switching to woman on top, which has all of the same intimate qualities, but will let you relinquish some of that control and spice things up.
Doggy style: Is there any man who does not love the doggy style sex position? The answer will be a resounding no. In fact, to some men, this is how a man was meant to have sex. A doggy-lover not taps into his territorial animalistic instinct as king of the jungle, but he also has fears of intimacy and is generally unromantic. After all, you probably don’t go for rear entry because you want to whisper sweet nothings in her ear from behind.
You can get the deepest penetration from this position, but what you earn in depth, you lose in intimacy. To make up for it, spring for the spoon position every now and then. You’ll still get to enter from behind, but the snuggly qualities of spooning sex will make your partner feel like a dime, rather than a piece of meat.
Woman on top: The beauty of this position is that there are a million ways to engage in this sex position and still achieve the same end result, and it is all up to your woman. Men who love their women on the saddle are likely concerned with pleasing their partners, and this move shows that he’s confident in being submissive, but he can also be dominant when he enables her to reach her orgasm with deeper penetration. Basically, you get off helping her get off.
Spooning: Given that spooning is most often associated with cuddling and sleep, it’s no surprise that this super intimate position is often the in thing for guys who have a soft spot. But men who love the move aren’t wimps, instead, they’re passionate and eager to please their lover.
Everyone likes to experience the sweeter side of sex, and props for being a romantic. But you can still be intimate while igniting a little more fire into your sex life. While in the spooning position, reach around to stimulate her clitoris, or try a position like missionary where you can gaze lovingly into each other's eyes while penetrating her even deeper.
Standing: Pressed against the front door, hoisted onto the kitchen counter, or in the shower, you can have standing sex anywhere but the bed. That’s why guys who like this position best are adventurous, and often turned on by the idea of being naughty. The 'Standing Man' is a mischievous lover who gets a thrill out of getting caught, and wants to have as much fun as possible with little regard of the consequences
My wife 11 weeks pregnant she is working staff nurse, last week she doing night shift duty (8 days). because of night duty she lost 2 kgs weight, and she start coughing from last one week. Any problem?
My wife had 3 months pregnant now. We have to go our home town coming October. My question is shall we can travel within 3 months. Is it possible. Pls assist me. Everyone saying that first three months don't go with travel.
I did my pregnancy test again it shows two pink lines one is dark and other one is light. Am I pregnant?
I done my wife's pregnancy test by prega news when I checked first time result come is negative and when I checked again after 10 days then the result which is came in that one pink line is came between T and C so, I am can't able to understand that what is the results we got.
Whenever somebody get sex in time of periods is it safe or not? Give some reasons that why not or why yes?
Impetigo is a disorder caused by bacterial infection resulting in sores and blisters. It usually occurs more in children and less in adults. It is characterized by red sores filled with fluid, along with yellowish brown crusts. It is contagious in nature and may spread via sharing sheets, clothing and towels.
Impetigo may be classified as:
- Bullous impetigo: This type usually occurs in children below two years of age. The body, arms and the legs are the areas where the symptoms first appear.
- Impetigo contagiosa:This form of impetigo usually appears near the mouth and the nose. The rashes are not usually painful but may be itchy. After the blisters burst, they leave red rashes.
- Ecthyma: This is a form of impetigo that affects the second layer of the skin. The blisters may turn into open sores or ulcers. It may also lead to swollen lymph nodes.
The symptoms of impetigo are:
- You may have small red spots that turn to blisters
- The blisters emit fluid
- The blisters may increase in number
In addition to the above symptoms, you may experience swollen lymph nodes and skin lesions.
This disease is caused by strep or staph bacteria. The bacteria enter the body through other skin conditions such as insect bites, eczema, burns and poison ivy. It may also be triggered by irritation of the skin. The likelihood of contracting impetigo increases if you have allergies.
It may also occur if you come in contact with an affected person. Sharing personal items such as bedding, towels or comb may lead to symptoms of impetigo. If you have dermatitis, diabetes or have a weak immune system then you are prone to impetigo. The disease is treated with antibiotics. Mild symptoms of impetigo may be treated by following basic hygiene practices.